Chapter 3

60 Seconds

 

"You're saying you met this guy who sounds like Sehun."

"Yes."

"How can you be sure that it's him?"

"I don't know. His voice sounds exactly the same, but he's missing the lisp."

"People can lose such thing as lisp over time."

"I know. But I don't know either. Well, I have his picture if you want to see."

"Then where is it?"

"It's in my house."

"Geez. You shouldn't have said that."

"I'm sorry. Next time I'll bring my camera over."

"Alright, dude."

Chanyeol then decides to leave Kris' house, now that he's done talking to the older man. He thinks about visiting the bubble tea shop again, but judging from the waiter's outburst yesterday, he might not want to see him, in an exchange of giving away his name, Shixun.

The name doesn't sound Korean at all and more like Chinese, but the guy speaks Korean rather well, free of any accent. He wonders if it's not his real name. He wonders if the reason the guy doesn't wear his nametag is because his real name is written in it.

 

 

 

"It's weird," Minseok exclaims. "That guy isn't coming today."

"It's better if he doesn't come," Sehun deadpans.

"Why do you hate him so much though? I mean, he seems to be interested in you."

"Does that even matter? I'm-" not the slightest bit interested in him, but that would be a lie. "not feeling it's appropriate for you to ask that."

“Well, whatever suits you.” Minseok gets up to take care of another customer who just enters the shop.

He feels better when Chanyeol isn’t coming, but yet, there’s a gaping hole inside that forces him to miss the presence of the lanky guy. He doesn’t think it is right. He ends it already, but he knows it was one-sided separation.

“You should leave him soon.”

Sehun felt his stomach drop a little.

“I don’t think I—”

“Or else, I won’t allow you to give your eyes to him. I don’t like it if he ever steals those eyes from you. Don’t you see, that looking into your eyes makes me feel a lot better, that everything is going to be all right for me? If I ever see him with your eyes, I don’t think I can live in this world anymore.”

“Dad, don’t say that.”

“And you shouldn’t do such thing. If you insist on giving him your eyes, I won’t stay still in my bed here.”

“I already signed up for the surgery. I don’t think I can pull out at the last moment.”

“Then, leave him after that. I don’t want you to linger around him, knowing that he’s taken something precious from you.”

Sehun found himself biting his own lip, unable to break from his father’s words that really put him in such a burden.

It was really a hard decision for him, but he just wanted to see Chanyeol happy.

 

 

 

It takes a few days for Chanyeol to show up again, and this time, he brings his camera with him. He takes the usual table for two at the corner of the shop.

Minseok, who notices his entrance first, comes to Sehun who’s busy with another customer.

“Hey, there’s your cue,” he whispers shortly before leaving to take care of his own business. Sehun instantly darts his eyes at the table, and sure enough, there he is.

For a second, he feels a surging panic inside of him, as he looks left and right to find at least just one person to go and tend to that customer. But no, no one is willing to take his position. Usually Joonmyun will, but he’s out to buy some ingredients, so Sehun doesn’t exactly have a choice.

He trudges through the many tables of the shop, and right when he’s less than a meter from the table, Chanyeol looks up from his activity of checking out pictures in his camera.

“What would you like to order?” Sehun offers the menu, trying to look as normal as he can.

“The usual,” Chanyeol replies curtly. Sehun nods once before leaving for the counter.

There’s something different with the way Chanyeol looks at him. It’s as if he knows, and it scares Sehun. He doesn’t want to confront him any longer, and he already contemplates of submitting a resignation letter to Joonmyun later.

For now, Sehun chooses to feign a headache. Sure enough, the newest addition to their staff, Jongin, looks at him worriedly and tells him to rest for a bit, taking over Chanyeol’s order.

 

 

 

“Sehun? Are you alright?”

It takes a few seconds for Sehun to be able to open his eyes to see Joonmyun hovering above him, looking as concerned as ever.

“I heard from Jongin you’re having a headache. Are you alright now?”

“I…” Sehun only realizes it now that he’s been sleeping for a long long time in Joonmyun’s bedroom, in the little bubble tea shop he’s managing. It’s not even because he’s really sick, but somehow, he feels worse after waking up.

“Do you want me to give you a ride home?”

“No, I… I’ll be fine,” Sehun lies, but his lies are usually acceptable to Joonmyun, so the elder doesn’t ask much. He wishes him a safe walk back home though.

When Sehun steps out of the shop, the moon is already high up in the sky. He feels the chill of the autumn night seeping through his thick coat into his skin, resulting in a shiver running through his body. He can even see his own breath.

“You look cold.”

The deep voice startles the hell out of him, but he knows whose voice it is.

“Y-you?”

Chanyeol gets up from the ground, towering slightly over Sehun’s tall figure. “Yes, it’s me. You were supposed to take care of my order, but then I didn’t see you anywhere. Apparently, you’d been hiding inside, am I right?”

“No.” Again, Sehun lies, but with Chanyeol, it’s different. Chanyeol isn’t like Joonmyun who accepts whatever it is Sehun says to him. Chanyeol can tell if he’s lying or not, and Sehun hates him for that.

But at the same time, he can’t help but love him for it as well.

“Well. I’m sorry then. I look even more like a stalker to you, don’t I?”

Sehun can’t help but agree, even though he understands why he’s being like this.

“I don’t even tell you my name yet. But I suppose, you know it, right? If you don’t know, you should’ve asked me when I kept forcing you to tell me your name.”

“I—” Sehun’s breath catches in his throat. “I didn’t think—”

Without warning, Chanyeol instantly wraps his arms around Sehun’s waist and nuzzles his head in the crook of his neck. Sehun feels the air knocked out of him, as he stands there, frozen, trying to process what exactly is happening right now.

When something snaps in his head, he pushes Chanyeol hard on the pavement, breaking the hug forcefully. Chanyeol falls and sits on the ground from the push, and he is rendered speechless, only capable of looking at Sehun in disbelief.

“I’m sorry,” is all Sehun can muster out. He then turns on his heel and leaves Chanyeol alone.

But as he watches the retreating back of Sehun, he already knows, it really is him. The shoulder and the hug only convince him even more.

 

 

>>><<<

Idk if this is a good enough chapter for you all but well at least I put some ChanHun moment in it (even tho it's kinda... well at least there is a moment orz)