Chapter 1

60 Seconds

Italic paragraphs refer to flashbacks, but I think it can be easily figured out even if I don't tell you beforehand. Heheheh~

 

 

 

Truthfully, he feels somewhat afraid if he opens his eyes, he’ll still not be able to see anything, just like how he was since he was younger.

He wishes to see the person that he cherishes the most when he opens his eyes.

 

 

 

 

“Chanyeol?”

Slowly, Chanyeol opens his eyes upon the calling of his name. He’s met with a few faces, unfamiliar but somewhat familiar, as in the aura coming from them.

“Chanyeol? Can you see us now?”

He shifts his attention to the man who spoke first. The man has a brilliant smile, almost putting him in blindness once again.

“Yes… I can see you all?”

Everyone in the room each lets out a breath in relief and the man who spoke to him earlier pulls him in a hug.

“We’re so glad that you can see again,” he exclaims.

From the voice, Chanyeol thinks he can tell who he is.

“Are you Baekhyun?”

The man pulls away from him and just smiles in return.

“Yes. Wow, you must have recognized my voice, right?”

Chanyeol nods, feeling a satisfaction growing inside his heart. But judging from the other faces in the room, he can’t tell if he’s among any of them, which makes the satisfied feelings shrinks down for a bit. He wishes to see his face the most, for the longest time.

 

 

 

“Chanyeol hyung?”

The said man opened his eyes, seeing absolutely nothing but darkness surrounding him, but the voice made him much calmer.

“Hyung, did it hurt?”

“Uh?” He remembered, he felt his limbs being squeezed hard, and he was feeling the pain soaring up in his arms, but he leaned into the younger’s shoulder and suddenly the pain was gone.

“I think it’s gone.”

“What?”

“The pain.” Chanyeol stretched his hands to feel the shoulder in front of him. “I never thought your shoulder would be so magical, Sehun-ah.”

“Hyung,” Sehun whined, and Chanyeol always thought it sounded cute. Only if he got to see the aegyo that supported the cute act—

“What are you guys doing?” It was Kris’ voice approaching, and Chanyeol felt the hands on his waist were gone. He didn’t even remember when the hands got there in the first place, but he didn’t feel the need to question it.

“Oh, Hyung. Chanyeol hyung got squeezed by the door, and I just asked him if he was feeling hurt somewhere or not.”

“Of course you would…” Chanyeol could hear some kind of playful sarcasm in Kris’ voice. “Anyway, guys, we must go to the apartment now. Don’t waste any time.”

“Yes, Sir,” Sehun responded mockingly, and Chanyeol could feel Sehun’s body started to shake, probably from the laughter that soon escaped his mouth.

“Okay, let’s go now!”

Chanyeol reached blindly for Sehun’s hand, but the younger caught his hand first, before they headed to the airport gate.

 

 

 

“Hey, Baekhyun-ah.”

“What is it?” Baekhyun asks as he puts a lollipop in his mouth.

“Where is Sehun?”

Baekhyun stops on his lollipop, as he glances at Chanyeol unsurely.

“I haven’t seen him ever since my surgery. I want to see him. I really want to, a lot.”

The shorter of the two looks at his best friend, his lips. He seems hesitating to say something, which makes Chanyeol wondering.

“What is it, Baekhyun-ah? Do you know where he is now?”

“That…is exactly the thing, Chanyeol. I don’t know. We don’t know.”

Chanyeol looks momentarily confused before asking again. “What do you mean by that?”

“I mean that… Sehun is nowhere to be found.”

The taller one’s eyes widens in response. “What does that mean?”

“I… I tried giving him a call, but his phone was deactivated. Then I went to his house, but when I got there, it was on sale. The person who sold the house didn’t know where he moved to.”

“He’s… unreachable?”

“Basically, yes.” Baekhyun starts biting his lower lip when Chanyeol’s expression starts twisting. “He’s gone to who knows where.”

“But…he promised me that he’ll be there once I can see…”

Baekhyun reaches out to Chanyeol’s shoulder, massaging it gently to give some comfort to the other.

“Can you leave me alone here for a moment?”

Baekhyun just nods wordlessly, before walking outside the hospital room. The rain has just started to pour down the city, and Chanyeol can’t help the tears pouring down as well.

Why do you break your promise?

 

 

 

“So… it’s approaching.”

“Yes, I know.”

“Hyung,” Sehun called out. “I believe you’ll make it just fine.”

“But I’m afraid. So much.”

“Afraid of what?”

“I’m afraid…of seeing, I guess.”

The grip on Sehun’s hand was getting stronger that the younger had to caress Chanyeol’s hand.

“Don’t fret too much about that. Seeing is a good experience. You’ll get used to it soon as you gain the ability.”

“Says the person who never experience blindness in his entire life.”

“Hey, Hyung. I’m trying to make you comfortable, okay? Don’t be so pessimistic like this, or else I’ll just break up with you.”

Once again, Chanyeol gripped Sehun’s hand a little bit stronger. “Don’t do that.”

“No, I won’t do that. I was just kidding.”

“Okay. Alright, I won’t be afraid, if you promise me one thing.”

“What is it?”

“When I open my eyes…I want to see you first.” Chanyeol smiled from the mental image that conjured up in his mind. “Promise me you’ll be the first person that I’ll see.”

There was no reply from Sehun for a moment, and Chanyeol actually wondered if he was asleep. “Hey, Sehun-ah.”

“Oh. Yes?”

“Promise me that.”

“I…I promise.”

 

>>><<<

Okay that's all for chapter 1~ let's see if this story will get less boring than it already is in the next chapters... xD