Married Life (Kaiminzy)

Kaiminzy & Taeminzy Drabbles

"Zelo ya.." Kai called out to his son, "be careful! Your omma will kill me if there are scratches on you!"

 

"Neh appa!" the 6 year old child replied before continuing to skate.

 

Kai continue observing his son as they skate in the park together, something Minzy is cool about yet worried.

 

 

"Don't you think he is too young to skate?"

 

"We are boys baby, it's never too young. In fact, the earlier he starts, the better."

 

"Neh omma." Zelo agreed and nodding his head cutely.

 

"Aish! Stop influencing him too much yeobo! First dancing and now skateboarding. He needs to start doing well in school too!"

 

"He is!" Kai retort.

 

"I am!" Zelo argued at the same time.

 

"He is only 6 Jongin ah." Minzy said crossing her arms.

 

"Hey, you started dancing at an early age too. So did I."

 

"You boys! Fine, it better be true that Junhong is doing well in school or BOTH of you are getting into trouble with me!" Minzy said as she walks away into the kitchen to start cooking.

 

Both Kai and his son sighed. Minzy has always been overprotective of their son, which is good, but sometimes, it gets a little too much at times.

 

But both boys forgot about the lady in the house as they continue joking around with each other and when he turn to the kitchen, he saw a glimpse of his wife shaking her head at them both.

 

 

"Appa! Appa!" Zelo shouted to get his attention as he saw his excited son skating skillfully towards him. Somehow, he feels proud that he was the one who taught his son how to skate the past year. 

 

"Neh Zelo ah?"

 

"You said you were gonna teach me some tricks today!"

 

"Your omma will kill me if she knows"

 

"But you promised!" Zelo gave him the sad pout that Minzy used to give him when she request something from him.

 

"What if you get injured? Omma will be unhappy." Kai tried to reason with his son.

 

"But you said before that we are boys!" Zelo retort with a sad face and Kai laughed, his son is really picking his bad habits of retorting.

 

"Aish! You listen too much to your appa."

 

"Because I love you." Zelo looks at him with a cheeky smile.

 

"I'm not your omma to fall for your cuteness." Kai said trying not to give in to his son as he pinch the young boy's cheeks.

 

"Then I will tell omma to kill you." Zelo said.

 

"What?!"

 

"Because you kept saying omma will kill you everytime I cry." Kai was stunned momentarily before he laughed out loud. He didn't know he overuse the phrase so much that his son would retort to him the same way as he would.

 

"Fine fine, I'll teach you." Kai gave in to the little boy.

 

"Remember how to do the 'ollie' move?" Kai asked and his son nodded enthusiastically.

 

"Ok, this time we'll try the 'kickflip'. It's a similar move to 'ollie' but you have to flip the board once before riding away. I'll show you." Kai said as he did the move he intended to teach his son.

 

It didn't take long for both of them to get started and he saw his son struggling in frustration to try and flip the board but everytime, Zelo would get annoyed that his board only managed to flip halfway instead of a full turn. Kai watched his son like a hawk in case of any injury and his suspicions came true when his son did the flip but didn't get to balance back on the board and end up scrapping his knees as well as hit his chin hard on the ground.

 

"ZELO!" Kai rushed to his crying son and pick him up in one arm as he carries his son's skateboard on the other arm while he use his board to skate both of them back to their house. He entered the house and Minzy greeted them but panic when she saw her bleeding son. She took some ice in a towel and put them on the injury to stop the bleeding as Kai prepared the car to head to the hospital in case the injury was serious.

 

The injuries were treated immediately and his son had a random cartoon plaster to cover the injury at his chin and a bigger plaster to cover the injury on the knee. He was thankful that it was not serious except that the doctor mentioned for his son to rest a bit from skating. Kai knows that Zelo will be upset to hear that but it is important that his son recovers first before they go back to doing what they both love.

 

After coaxing a crying Zelo, he saw his wife's expression of relief as she took over carrying the sleeping boy. They got in the car and head towards their Gong's house. After all, it was suppose to be his in-law's turn to be caring for his son and he was certain that they miss him a lot. As he drove, he kept looking at the rearview mirror to take a glimpse at his wife who was hugging his little boy.

 

Once they kiss their sleeping son goodbye, both parents left the house to head home to spend the day together but looking at his wife's worried expression earlier, Kai felt a little guilty. After all, Zelo is still young and delicate in Minzy's eyes so to see him come home bleeding like that would only cause a mother to worry so much. So instead of heading home, he drove to the studio that both him and his wife used to go to regularly before they conceived Zelo. Minzy looked at him in confusion but he dragged his wife as he went to the counter to ask for an empty studio. 

 

"Why are we here yeobo?"

 

"Just... you know." Kai shrugged.

 

"I don't know." Minzy said putting her hands on her waist.

 

"Look baby, I'm sorry for making you worried earlier. I didn't mean to. Zelo was excited to learn about some new tricks but he kinda got too much into it." Kai said as he approached his wife and placing his hands on her waist.

 

Minzy sighed but placed her hands on his neck as she said, "It's ok yeobo. He is still young and it's good that he is doing all this at this age. The injury is inevitable but I'm sure he gained some determination to be better at that." 

 

"But I made you worry and you know how I hate it when I'm the one who put that frown on your face."

 

"Jongin ah, any mother would be worried of their child but sometimes, we have to accept that they are growing. After all, he will have more challenges to worry about when he is older."

 

"You know, sometimes I'm confuse, you get overprotective of our son yet behind him, you ensure me that it is for his own good. I'm jealous you know, why don't you ever do that to me?"

 

"Because you are suppose to lead me stupid! As for our son, I have to lead him so that he can grow up to be someone we are proud of." Minzy smiled wearily.

 

"I know that I never regret marrying you." Kai smiled as he gave a peck on Minzy's lips.

 

Minzy smiled and hugged him as comfort, "You know, sometimes I wonder who's the wife. You seem to be very sensitive when it comes to Zelo and my well-being. It seems like you are the one that needs to be here more than me." Minzy smirk.

 

His wife detached from him and head to the player in the studio. She chose an upbeat music before she start dancing. Kai does not need to be invited twice to know that he is battling his wife in this very studio. Though not expressed in words, her dancing seems to be challenging and taunting him. It's been awhile but it felt good to be dancing again. Both of them were at it with each other throughout the rental of the studio as they sweat it out to know who is the best. It was tiring but it is dancing together like this that keeps their marriage bond stronger as the years past