Final Goodbye (Taeminzy)

Kaiminzy & Taeminzy Drabbles

 

Both Taemin and Minzy look at each other with eyes depleted from any emotions. Just like Romeo and Juliet, they are both star crossed lovers but a sad twist in the story is when they are given the only assignment to get rid of each other. It may seem so cliche but one wouldn't think so much when they each have their own guns pointed at each other. Assassins are not suppose to love, they are not suppose to even show any form of emotions, that was what they were taught but it was a cruel twist of fate. 

 

Who would have thought that they were against each other till today. They never expressed their feelings to one another but they know that there is something between them that sparks since the first time they bump into each other randomly on the streets. Months past since they first met and it brought nothing but joy to both lovebirds or at least that was what they thought they were before they found out about each other's identity. Doubts clouded their heads thinking that it was a trap they set up for one another. For a moment, Taemin hated himself for being oblivious when it comes to the games of the heart.

 

Taemin look at the person he thought he fell for and he knew it was against the organisation's rules to giving out even a path so small for emotions to seep through his cold facade. In fact, it was supposedly against his own principles that he was taught of since young. He never knew what it was like to love until he met Minzy, he thought that it was a miracle to be able to even fall for her charms as she herself wasn't an easy person to get along with. He realized that by knowing her, he got to know that he came to like a challenge not only with his targets but apparently also a woman. Who knew that the person he almost gave his heart to actually was one that hurt him the most. 

 

Maybe this was why he was taught to void of any emotions especially with another being. A killer is his own man and can trust no one but he made the first huge mistake by not only having feelings for another person or better yet, an assassin whom he was suppose to kill. It was an order from the boss and there was no way that he can go against it or have his life served on a platter. He was not even suppose to get to his target and learn her movements till the next day but he was already being attacked in the comfort of his own home.

 

In fact, he noticed something amiss and being one that is particularly cautious of his surrounding due to his training, he knew that someone has entered his territory so he was prepared to get that person shot when he saw her. As much as he was surprised, he covered it with his cold emotions pointing the gun at her without hesitation. Minzy however, who doesn't seem to be surprised, gave him the same smirk that made him fall in love with her. He was warned to be assisted with at least 3 other assassins in any case he was being attacked and he knew that at the moment, they are closing on her, hidden from her sight. 

 

A killer instinct will be very calculative of every movement and he found something odd about hers. As the wheels in his head spin, he knew very well that she is purposely stepping into his own territory like a death sentence. However, he got rid of those disturbing thoughts and he focus on her, ready to kill though a tiny part of him begs to differ. When Minzy made her first move by attacking him, he defended himself and try to get the upper hand between the both of them. Taemin was surprised at how swift she was with her movements that he faltered and got himself punched multiple time on his body but especially on the face. 

 

But being a killer doesn't mean that they don't strategize their movement. Since he failed in trying to get the upper hand, he studied her movements as she attacks and tried to find her weakness. He got another surprise when she seem to purposely expose her weakness directly at him as if waiting for him to attack her and he did what she ask for. Hurting her in the process as she accepts every single one of his beatings. He wasn't even being lenient with any of his hits as he was in doubt about her movements as well as her plans.

 

When he thought she was weak enough to defend herself, he coldly took out his other hidden gun with him to aim at her. Being the tough lady he knew she was, Minzy still had the cheek to look at him with that god damn smirk before slowly getting up and spitting the blood from . She too took out her gun and pulled the trigger towards him. She was about to shoot but he was fast enough to avoid it as he in turn shoot her at her shoulders. Taemin saw her staggered backwards before getting into position again to shoot him. This time, he did not hesitate to shoot her directly at her heart as he saw her fall as satisfaction filled his lips with a smile. 

 

Taemin push away his hurt feelings while he stood over her body that is slowly falling into unconsciousness as the blood seeps from her wound. He then roughly lifted her head to face him and it was only then he notice that she look at him with a sad smile full of love. Something which he did not notice earlier during their physical exchange. His heart starts to falter again and the overwhelming feeling of guilt starts to fill him again. He could see her forcing herself to lift her bloody hands at his neck and pull him closer towards as she whispered some words to him before she finally gave in to her pain and died right in front of his eyes.

 

Looking at the bloody mess in his apartment, he stood up without any trace of emotions yet again before giving the orders to the other 3 to return to the boss that he has done his job. When one of the men ask him about disposing the body, Taemin said that he will do it since he knows best about his apartment and its area. After what seem like a couple minutes since they left, the cold facade that he put up earlier was gone as he started to let out his first tear for the first time in his assassin life. He bend down gently as he lift her head and whispered sweet words and apologies to the cold body laying in blood in the middle of his home. 

 

'Taemin ah~ I have taken this burden away from you. I'm tired of living this life. Live well. Nan neol saranghe.'

 

Those were the last words she breathed out before she let out her last breath. As Taemin cried, he hugs her like it was the last thing that he would ever get in his entire assassin life. It was the first time since their exchange that he heard of such beautiful yet ironically painful 3 words from her.