The Reactions; The Past

Too Sudden To Be True

~In the meeting room~

Everyone stared at the open door, trying to process what just happened in front of them. Kyuhyun was still on his knees, too shocked to move. His bunny, his friend, his lover...dead because of himself.

“No...” he slammed a fist on the floor, breaking down into tears. That snapped everyone out and the room became a mess of tears. Donghae had long snapped out of his reverie and was quietly watching the reactions of his hyungs and dongsaengs. Most were crying like Leeteuk and Kibum, but that was expected of course. Donghae bit his lip and remembered the fights Super Junior had beforehand. Everyone was torn up with greed, but now...

Yesung had moved from his position to help Kyuhyun up from the floor and into an available chair. The man was crying so hard. He felt his own tears pour down his cheeks as he tried to reassure Kyuhyun. The number of memories of him and Sungmin wasn't much, but the bunny , was really close with Kyuhyun and Ryeowook and had on several occasions worked with K.R.Y. He was like an unofficial member of the sub-group. He tightened his grip on Kyuhyun, not caring if his shirt got wet. Their careful planning has gone down the drain now. And to think that he would die when it was almost done...

Donghae walked up to Leeteuk and gave him a comforting hug. Leeteuk was still clinging to Kangin, so the hug was rather of an awkward positioning.

“W-w-was h-he suffering t-that b-b-badly?” Leeteuk asked once Donghae released the hug. Donghae hesitantly nodded.

“Yeah but now he’s at rest.” Leeteuk sobbed even louder.

“I...I s-s-hould have k-kept i-in contact w-w-with him.” Kangin rubbed Leeteuk back in a comforting manner.

“Don’t say that, Teukie. We all should have kept in contact with each other, even if the situation wasn’t favorable.” Kangin said, hoping to calm the poor ex-leader down. But that just made him cry even harder.

“I-i-its all m-my fault. If I hadn’t went to the a-army, Super Junior m-might s-still e-e-exist.” he sobbed. Kangin grabbed the smaller man’s shoulders and tore him out of the hug. He stared deeply into Leeteuk’s puffy eyes, showing deep sadness and guilt.

“Never say that it was your fault. We knew that one day it would happen, and it did, just sooner than we all thought.” he softly said, gently hugging him again.

The end of Super Junior wasn’t really the best thing to remember. It started all the way back when Hankyung first left in 2010. Super Junior was not expecting this, and in return, was in chaos. And then Kangin and Heechul left to go to the army. Kibum went on a temporary hiatus for his acting career. The biggest blow was when Leeteuk left. The constant change in members was too much for the others, and so the tension grew between the remaining members. From simple arguments, to full on fights, they fought and broke each other. Added on top that SME changed CEO, the stress level went up. Down to only nine members, they tried to hold on as long as possible, but it seemed at the time that disbandment was the best choice. Everyone left and went their own ways, some angry and hurt by others, all disappointed that they had broken their promise with the ELFs.

Donghae shivered as he recalled one of their many arguments. Feelings for each other that they had hidden for a long time had came out, brothers hurling them back and forth. He was thankful that Eunhyuk had stayed by his side throughout the entire time, otherwise he was sure that he would have headed towards the same direction as Sungmin. Speaking of Eunhyuk...

The two of them finally made their way back to the room, Eunhyuk once again supporting most of Ryeowook’s weight. Once they were in sight, Kibum, who was next to the door, flung himself at the duo and sobbed together with Ryeowook. Leeteuk joined along, creating a mess of snot and tears. Eunhyuk sneaked out of the hug to go to Donghae’s side, clinging to him like the monkey he was.

“Should we...?” Donghae hesitated. Should they...?

“Maybe in a few minutes? Let Ryeowookie decide when he wants to hear it.” He paused.“And let’s wait until things have calmed down.” ‘Though chaos would be sure to happen right after it’s read.’ he added as a silent thought. They watched for a bit longer, and eventually everybody did calm down to a certain level. Eunhyuk moved again to help Ryeowook to a chair, taking the opportunity to ask whether he was ready or not.

“Do you want to do it now?” He whispered. Ryeowook tensed, but nodded anyways. He gave Eunhyuk the letter, who handed it to Heechul. Said man looked at the paper as if it was a foreign object. After receiving no explanation from Eunhyuk, he stared back at the envelope. His eyes widened in realization. He looked back up to Eunhyuk, disbelief and surprise evident. Eunhyuk just looked away, willing his tears to not fall.

“No way...” Heechul practically tore the seal apart, and skimmed over the paper inside. His eyes got wider and wider as he read further. Once he was finished, he just gave a glance to Kyuhyun and Yesung before passing out in Hankyung’s arms. Hankyung laid Heechul down softly before grabbing the paper from the man.

“I-is this what I think...?” Ryeowook nodded and buried his head into Eunhyuk’s arm.


“Y-yeah. Sungmin’s letter of goodbye.”


Hi! (*hides*) I'm so sorry for updating a day later than usual. This chapter was very hard to write because of a major writer's block (me and my stupid head) >.< I'm not really proud of this one, but I can't really think of anything else (and the fact that it is so short) >.< I promise it will get better (the story and my awful writing).

Aside from my story, one of my good friends just began her first solo story! Please support it with a lot of comments and love ^^ Here's the link:  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/381976/picturesque-fluff-romance-snsd-taeny :D

Please comment and subscribe! Thank you to the 14 subscribers so far. ^^ Seeing the number so high (to me) makes my day :D

~Ana