Chapter 7

The Complicated Non-Existent Relationship of Kris and Tao

imageimageimage

Even from a non-shipping standpoint this can give people weird ideas.  Man I wonder what the hell Kris means by this when he says tonight.  Oh jeez Taoris totally ship themselves.  Hell, Kris is the captain of the Taoris ship.  

Tao and Kris did get to know each other over the next few days.  They laughed at each other’s stupidity over the last two years.  They had liked each other longer than anyone else in the office and only now became close. 

They travelled to each other’s hometowns.  They even met each other’s parents.  They did everything they could to make up for the last two years.

And on that one glorious night before returning to Korea they finally did it.  And it was nice and a bit romantic.  Kris lit candles and rented a private beach house for the night. 

            “Hey are you ready to go?” Tao came into the room with a suitcase in his hand, “Why haven’t you packed yet?”

            Kris turned around, “I don’t know.”  He shrugged. 

            Tao looked questioningly at him.  Kris was retreating back to his robot mode and he didn’t like it.

            “Seriously,” Tao tugged on his hand. 

            “I just don’t know what’s going to happen when we get back.  I mean…it feels kind of surreal right?” Kris looked at Tao’s hand on his. 

            “Do you want things to change?” Tao asked, “I mean I thought you were my boyfriend.”

            Kris looked up into Tao’s face.  They had pretty much acted like that throughout the whole stay in China, but they never labeled what they were.  Kris gave a relieved smile and grasped Tao’s hand tighter.

            “Now that you’ve said it, you can’t get out of it.”

            “As long as you stop being Mr. face robot back at work,” Tao tried to run but Kris tugged hard on Tao’s hand making him collide into his boss’s chest. 

          Kris placed a chaste kiss on Tao’s forehead before letting him go, “You’ll pay for that tonight, I promise you.”  Tao laughed.

            “Oh yeah, I’m commanding you to help me pack.”

            “Only because I’m used to listening to you, I’ll help.” 

 

            “Are you kidding me?” Kris entered the small bathroom on the plane.  Tao tugged on his collar and shut the door behind him.

            “This plane is too small.  How the hell are we going to in here?”

            “Oh come on.  Can you honestly say you’ve never fantasized about having on a plane before?”  Tao was already taking off his own shirt, “Look I’ve made things easier for you.” 

            Kris looked at Tao and quickly took off his own shirt.   

            A few minutes later as Kris was tightening his belt, he decided to spring the news on Tao who was still in a good mood.

            “So I talked with Ms. Oh and you’re no longer my intern.”

            Tao hit his head on the sink as he tried putting on his pants, “What? !” Tao was rubbing the back of his head furiously, “When were you planning on telling me this? I told you I don’t need a ing promotion.  Seriously after this whole week you’re going to dump me?”

            Kris grabbed the boy’s cheeks in his hands, “No!  But you can’t be my intern forever.  She said she’ll transfer you to public relations.  If it makes you feel any better we’ll be on the same floor.”

            Tao frowned.  He felt like he had stepped forward 10 steps with Kris but was now going back 5. 

            “You’re basically getting rid of me,” Tao frowned.

            “Are you kidding me Tao?  This is good for you!  You’re better than any intern and you don’t deserve to be making copies when you can be out in the field getting paid more than minimum wage,” Kris looked around for his shirt and quickly put it on.  The bathroom was extremely small for two very large and tall men. 

            Tao pushed open the door and tried to get out but Kris was in front and blocking his way.  Kris closed and locked the door again. 

            “Why are you being so stubborn? Do you want to be my intern forever?” Kris grabbed Tao’s shoulders. 

            “Yeah.  Until you die,” Tao grinned, “And then I’ll take your place.”

            Kris grinned and pushed Tao against the wall, “This is serious Tao.  I’m firing you as soon as we land.”

He tightened his belt and was about to open the door but stopped when Tao said, “Well maybe I’m firing you from being my boyfriend.”

            Kris sighed, “Tao.”

            “I’m serious. This is ridiculous.”

            “You’re being ridiculous.  It’s not like we won’t be seeing each other every day.”

            Tao looked down at the sink, “We don’t see Suho every day.”

            “Because he’s too busy de-purifying his intern.”

            Tao frowned, “You know what I mean.  The departments run around different schedules.  Suho’s always busy.”

            “Tao,” Kris grabbed Tao’s face in his hands, “Did I tell you that your office is right next door to mine? And that the public relations work you’ll be assigned to is closely related to data management?”

            Tao’s mouth was open, “Leeteuk’s office?”

            Kris nodded, “He’s been promoted.  And since you were a data management intern with a talent in public relations, Ms. Oh thought that you would be the perfect replacement.”

            Tao slapped his boss's face and Kris rubbed it in shock, “I thought you would be happy!  Nothing has to change!”

            “You’re an idiot,” Tao opened the door and pushed Kris out.

            “How am I an idiot?” Kris asked as he followed Tao to their seats.

            “You really need to say these things before you get to the bad part. It’s not that hard, ge.  Then I wouldn’t have shouted at you.  You’re really stupid you know.  I almost wanted to break up with you.”

            “Over something like that?” Kris was really confused as he sat down beside Tao.

            “Aish do you get emotions at all?”

            “I’m learning, Tao,” Kris put his head on Tao’s shoulder.

            “What are you doing?  You’re a big man and this looks scary,” Tao smiled.

            “I know.  But I know you find these type of things cute.” 

 

Next Chapter will be the final chapter! I appreciate any feedback you guys can give me especially hardcore Taoris shippers cuz this is my first Taoris story :D