Oh Sehun

I Knew You Were Trouble

 

Luhan stands outside the open school gates, under the shade of a big tree as he waits for Sehun to stride out of block five’s double doors.

Since they’ve walked home together since they’d found out they live in the same neighbourhood, he’s already memorized the last class Sehun has each day, and what block he’d appear from.

It seems as though Sehun hasn’t been let off yet, although it’s been more than twenty minutes since the dismissal bell rang, and fifteen minutes since Luhan’s started waiting.

There’s a loud roar of an engine, and a small breeze as Kai drives out and stops right before Luhan, the latter’s eyes widened in surprise.

The dark haired boy is finally wearing his leather jacket, hands resting, lax, on the handlebars of his ride.

Tipping down large, metal-rimmed shades, Jongin smirks at the other boy. “Need a ride?”

Luhan bites his lip.

He really wants to join Kai on that motorcycle – oh sweet lord, how it beckons to him – but he has to wait for Sehun.

There’s still Sehun’s promise he has to keep in mind.

So instead of agreeing wholeheartedly, Luhan only shakes his head, an apologetic smile plastered on his lips as his eyes sweep over that delicious looking machine (and it’s equally, if not more, good looking rider) longingly.

“Really?” One of Kai’s brows arches as he questions the smaller, doe eyed boy. He knows that look in his eyes; how much Luhan actually wants to go with him.

“Yeah, don’t worry. I walk home with a friend,” Luhan’s lips stretch into a bigger smile, glancing to Block 5.

The polite gesture almost falls off Luhan’s face in horror, as he realises that it’s Sehun that’s exiting the building, quickly descending down the steps with his phone in hand, and that technically, he’s not even supposed to be talking to Kai.

Gaze returning, now urgent, to Jongin, Luhan steps back. “I’m sorry, but you should really go.”

Kai his head to the side, confused.

He doesn’t understand why Luhan is suddenly acting so distanced, until he takes a look at the direction the other boy keeps turning his head to.

Oh Sehun.

He’s still a distance away, of course, and he’s texting, fingers flying rapidly over the screen, so he hasn’t seen Luhan or Kai yet, but it’s obvious that he’s heading towards them.

And then it all clicks.

“It’s because of Oh Sehun, isn’t it?” Kai asks frankly as he pushes his sunglasses back up onto the bridge of his nose. “He doesn’t want you to hang out with bad company like me.”

Luhan’s eyes widen in surprise, already flushed cheeks going a shade darker.

It looks as though he’s about to ask How’d you know.

Kai only rolls his eyes behind the shades. “Well, tell me when you need a ride.”

Jongin glances back at the approaching figure of Sehun, turning back to Luhan and offering him a grin. “See Ya.”

Luhan only nods in response, mouth dry as Jongin speeds away, almost ramming down a few traffic cones in the process.

His heart is palpitating so fast and so hard he doesn’t even know why.

Luhan stares after the bike, unblinking as he watches it disappear down the hill leading to their school, and his mind starts to wander, like how it usually acts.

He’s thinking about Kai, and his motorcycle, and motorcycles in general, and money he needs to buy one, and jobs because you need jobs to get money, and then food because he thinks he’ll be working in the seven-eleven down the street (their “we’re hiring” sign was green, with black wordings – ooh that’s a nice combination) and then suddenly he’s craving for some Shin Ramyun because everyone knows Shin Ramyun has the best Kimchi instant noodles out there.

Luhan has always been known as a little absent minded.

Back to Kimchi noodles, he thinks there’s some left in the pantry (oh yes, four whole cups) but then his dad is home for once so he’d probably not be able to eat Ramyun-

“Was that Kim Jongin?”

Luhan almost shrieks so loud he surprises himself.

He holds a hand to his heart and tries his best to calm his breathing as he turns to face an indignant looking Sehun, arms crossed over his chest with his phone hugged by five lean fingers.

Sehun’s normally charming eyes are narrowed in suspicion, his fringe falling into them as though he were a model for a magazine.

“Uh… Yeah?” Luhan winces, because his statement comes out sounding like a question, cursing at his inability to lie to his best friend. “He… uh… wanted to ask what I was doing waiting under that tree.”

Sehun sticks his tongue out, his lips. “So you’re keeping to your promise?”

The smaller boy nods quickly in reply.

Sehun stares at Luhan a little, then shrugs and starts walking in the direction of their home, fluidly swiping across the screen of his phone and starting up his typing again.

Luhan follows along, their footsteps falling in sync easily.

Truthfully, Luhan really doesn’t like it when the two of them are finally together, but Sehun decides to text almost the whole way home anyway.

It’s like Sehun doesn’t even cherish their time together.

“Hey, hey, who’re you texting?” He asks, curious as he tries to peek over his friend’s shoulder.

Sehun sticks out his tongue at him, sending the message and switching off his phone before shoving both his hands into his pockets, the two boys never breaking their stride. “For me to know and you to find out.”

Luhan only rolls his eyes at him, gaze wandering over to the park nearby.

Tugging on Sehun’s sleeve excitedly as he spots an ice cream truck, little kids gathered around its side as a smiley-faced man hands out cones in exchange for a few won, Luhan requests for them to stop to buy a cone each.

Sehun doesn’t even spare the ice cream truck a glance.

“Nah, I just wanna go home. You can go buy one if you want, Lu.” He’s already walking away, phone back in his hand. “But I’m just gonna go… first.”

Luhan pouts at the ice cream truck, almost longingly, before he tears his gaze away from the icy treat and instead runs after Sehun to catch up.

To Luhan, Sehun has always been his best friend. The best one he’s ever had, maybe the only one.

Sehun has always been the nicest, handsomest, coolest person in his eyes.

But lately, Sehun’s changed, and Luhan doesn’t know if he likes the new Sehun.

The new Sehun is always on his phone, texting god knows who else (Luhan knows the football team has a whatsapp chat group without him, though) and he hardly seems to care about what Luhan wants anymore.

 

Luhan frowns a little as he falls back in stride with Sehun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sehun has an addiction to his phone lol

Anyway, some Hunhan. If that was considered Hunhan. And Lukai at the start.

I know, it was boring :[ I'm sorry for the crappy chapter.

 

Thanks for the encouraging comments. I appreciated them alot!

Please do Subscribe, comment and Upvote :]