Lu Han

I Knew You Were Trouble

 

Kim Jongin sits diagonally behind the angelic boy from before, and realises that he’s enjoying actually attending his first day of school.

He’s delighted when he finds out that the doe eyed boy is in his class, and Kai decides that a year is way more time than he needs to get to him.

Taemin sits right in front of him while Donghae sits next to him, right behind the deer, so Kai knows that Donghae can see him staring at the doe eyed boy.

But Jongin really can’t help it.

Staring at such an incredible, innocent looking creature is too natural for it not to be.

Coming to school eventually takes up a lot of Kai’s energy, since he’s never really bothered to attend before, and he’s lulled to sleep with the back of the boy’s head plastered in his mind.

He wakes to find the two of his friends waiting for him for lunch, Taemin shaking him energetically while Donghae eyes the small packet of cigarettes that are stashed in Kai’s jacket pocket.

Taemin is of course, the underage lover of Choi Minho, the owner of one of Jongin’s favourite bars.

Taemin has a knack for pickpocketing, shoplifting, and stealing in general.

The slim, nimble hands he possesses are good for that sort of thing, and he’s only gotten caught once. When he was twelve. Over a lollipop.

Kai knows Taemin learns really fast, though. And he’s smart, too, since he’s skipped a grade or two and he’s never gotten caught for anything after the little lollipop incident.

Donghae is probably the purest of their trio.

His only link to the ‘dark side’ is Eunhyuk, his boyfriend, a legendary street fighter in the underworld.

Some way along the line, Jongin could have sworn Eunhyuk had gotten Donghae onto some sort of acid or other, but that doesn’t really matter because all of them are pretty laid back.

They like trying new things. Maybe even mixing and matching a little.

What Kai also means, is that they are pretty powerful friends to have. And Jongin’s thanked his lucky stars for them, too.

If he didn’t know them, he would never have transferred over, and he would never have known Luhan. Also among other stints he’s gotten help in the past few years.

“What’s that boy’s name?” He asks, pointing his chin at the deer eyed boy once the three of them are settled at a relatively clean table.

Donghae takes one look at the direction where Jongin’s pointing, and immediately shakes his head. “No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.”

Jongin gives Donghae a weird look, partially because he’s acting as though he’s mentally retarded, and changes his target to Taemin.

The other boy makes a face, cocking his head at Donghae. “You know, Kai, Donghae’s right. That’s dangerous territory right there.”

Jongin glances back at the table the object of his affections is sitting at.

Like the doe eyed boy, the entire table is filled with fit looking boys who are mostly wearing varsity jackets in the school’s colours.

Patriotic bastards.

“You really shouldn’t go there.” Taemin waves a fork in Jongin’s direction, words muffled by the food he’s stuffed in his mouth.

Taemin is wearing dark, low riding skinny jeans, a double layered black wife beater and a soft black leather jacket with rips. There’s a shiny necklace with a golden key dangling from his neck, and his long, silky blonde hair is styled to the side.

“Try me.” Jongin smirks, nodding his head once at Donghae.

Donghae scoffs, rolling his eyes. “Fine, don’t come to me crying when you get beaten up by the entire football team.”

He’s wearing baggy black pants, sneakers, a white wife beater and a black hoodie over it, a pair of metal dog tags with his and Eunhyuk’s names hanging from his neck.

“Who the hell do you think I am?” Kai questions, waving his fork in the air.

It’s also quite a credible question, seeing as Jongin isn’t just anybody on the streets. He has a name, and a reputation to boot.

An infamous reputation.

Donghae just ignores him, playing with his food.

A particularly big piece of broccoli rolls about and bumps into a few stray grains of rice. “His name is Luhan. He’s Chinese, and he’s already moved to Korea for a while so he speaks Korean fluently. As you can see, he’s part of the school’s winning football team.”

Back at the football team’s table, Kai notices another boy with brown-black hair cupping Luhan’s face, and they look so… intimate and close it’s hard not to believe that they’re not together.

“Is he taken?” Jongin asks next.

Donghae simply shakes his head, his mouth full.

But before Kai can say anything, Taemin cuts in with an excited grin plastered on his face. “Luhan is the school’s darling. He’s the star striker on the football team. I’ve seen him play, and he’s got to be one of the best. Seriously. With his looks and abilities, he’s practically adored by the entire school.”

“The scary thing,” Donghae continues after swallowing, “Is that he’s actually nice. To everyone. He doesn’t hold grudges, never takes revenge, forgives and forgets easily… And he doesn’t even seem to know what kind of status he has in this hole.”

Interesting. Kai thinks with a smirk, looking back at the table the object of his affections is sitting at.

Coincidentally, Luhan glances at him just as Kai focuses on him, his eyes widening almost comically as his face flushes a delicate pink.

Jongin thinks that he looks like a deer caught in headlights.

Hah. Deer.

Luhan excuses himself from the table almost immediately after, scurrying out of the canteen quickly.

The boy from before follows him with his eyes, brows furrowed, before he turns back to his food with a shrug.

“Who’s-”

“Oh Sehun.” Donghae interrupts rudely, bright eyes meeting Jongin’s dark brown ones.

Taemin gives him a look. “He’s the one you have to look out for.”

“Sehun’s Luhan’s best friend. They’ve been inseparable since the first time they met, well almost anyway. Luhan is dead loyal to him. They don’t seem at all like best friends, though. Sitting on each other’s laps, back hugs, kisses on the forehead, ya-dah ya-dah. It’s like they’re a couple, so sappy I want to puke.” Donghae fake throws up, and Kai scrunches up his face.

“He’s a perfect son of a bish.” Taemin points out, resting his head on one of his hands sulkily. The other is under the table, and Jongin rolls his eyes at Donghae, who’s sitting obliviously next to a legendary pickpocket.

“He gets the best grades – he’s in the best class, and tops it frequently, mind you, he’s the star forward, and a shoo in for captain next season. He holds grudges easily, and gets back at people even faster. The only exception to that is probably Luhan. No one here’s got the guts to go up against him. He’s even got loads of girls here chasing after him, but he doesn’t seem to be interested in any of them.”

“I’ll bet he’s gay,” Donghae pokes his fork at Taemin, wagging his eye brows. “Gay for Lu-Lu.”

“You’re on,” Taemin’s eyes brighten, and he straightens up. “But I guess you’ll need that back.”

With that, the innocent eyed boy (looks are deceiving) tosses Donghae back his wallet.

Donghae looks appalled, slipping his wallet into his front pocket this time. “You need to stop doing that.”

Jongin’s gaze wanders back to Sehun as the other two continue ranting about said boy.

Their eyes meet for a brief second, and it’s as if there are sparks between them, before the connection is broken.

Kai stands and leaves.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: How was that? It's some insight to Kai, and the dynamics between Sehun and Luhan from another perspective.

Thanks for the subscribes! Now if you'd only comment and upvote...

 

Please Subscribe, Comment and Upvote :]