Five

✡☪ Two Moons ☪ ✡


Betrayal

1. the breaking or violation of a presumptive contract, trust, or confidence that produces moral and psychological conflict within a relationship amongst individuals, between organizations or between individuals and organizations: All Aurora could feel was betrayal from her best friend and leader.

 

 
Xiumin was surprised. The shabby shack wasn't really that. From inside, it was a mansion. Crystal chandeliers, marble columns, velvet furniture. 
 
Rhea smiled. "Amazing, isn't it? The look from outside is a barrier. No one will go into a run down shack."
 
Kris nodded, smiling. "Impressive."
 
Elizabeth puffed her chest up, grinning. "Thanks. It was all my idea." 
 
Mei and Noah giggled and ran forward together, going into the kitchen. Lena stumbled behind them, holding her head. Aurora had previously been yelling at the guys, so Rhea had charmed her into being quiet and walking obediently behind them. Rhea couldn't control Aurora's wild hair, though. It was moving like wild snakes. 
 
Once everyone was sitting around a small table, Rhea spoke up. "So, tell me boys. Give me one reason as to why I should trust you." As she said those last words, she cocked her head to the side, her smile huge. 
 
All windows and doors closed with a bang and the lights began flickering. 
 
The boys gulped, and everyone glanced at Kris. He cowered in his seat, smiling nervously. "We were just... Exploring?" 
 
Elizabeth cocked her head to the side. "You guys are casters. It's obvious."
 
Luhan panicked. As he spoke, his voice got higher. "What? No! We were just-"
 
Noah stood up, narrowing her eyes. "You broke our binding curse." 
 
Rhea stopped chewing to let Aurora speak. "You found us!" 
 
Rhea growled and glanced at Lena. "What were you going to tell us, Lena?"
 
She was sitting away from the others, hugging her knees to her chest as she looked at everyone's face. "They are here to--"
 
Lay was standing besides her. When she was about to finish her sentence, he threw his cup of tea on top of her. "O-oops. I'm sorry!" 
 
Lena glanced down at herself and sighed before standing up and going out. "I'm going to change."
 
Kris was freaking out, he didn't know what to say. Luckily, Luhan took over. "We're half-casters. The caster world brands us as freaks. We're running away from them, trying to find a safe haven. Do you think we could be welcome here?" Then, by telekinesis, he told his brother. "Tao, their leader likes you. Make her trust you. She'll let us stay if you make her fall in love with you. The others will have no other choice but to welcome us."
 
Tao nodded and smirked, moving to sit besides the short haired girl. "Noona~ Will you take care of me~?" 
 
Rhea blushed and nodded, smiling slightly. "B-but it's not my choice to make. My sisters need to vote."
 
Tao silently cursed in his mind. "Dammit..."
 
"Girls, what do you.. think?" Rhea asked with a warning look.
 
Noah and Mei smiled, nodding at the same time. "Yes!"
 
Elizabeth shrugged, smiling. "Why the not?"
 
Lena came back, looked at Lay with sad eyes, and nodded. "Okay..."
 
Chen was amazed. Rhea wasn't even chewing gum, yet her cold stare could make everyone do whatever she wanted. 
 
Aurora looked to the side, a smug look on her face. "How about no?" Her hair began moving, and suddenly the girls, except for Rhea, sat straight and looked annoyed. 
 
Mei and Noah glared, looking mad. "No." 
 
Rhea glared at Aurora, growling. "Aurora."
 
Elizabeth snarled at Xiumin, her eyes dark. " no."
 
"... Aurora."
 
Lena shivered, pouting. "No."
 
Rhea stood up in a blur, and threw herself at Aurora. She grabbed her by her hair and pulled her up. "I told you to ing knock it off! They stay because I say so!"
 
Aurora whimpered like an animal, trying to pull her hair from Rhea's hands. "Fine! I promise I'll stop!" 
 
Tao glanced at his brothers with a smirk. Kris and Xiumin winked at him with a smile. Luhan sighed, obviously not happy with what he made Tao do. Chen and Lay glanced at each other, completely mad with Tao.
 
Rhea turned to the guys with a creepy smile, her golden eyes twinkling. "Follow me. I'll show you your rooms." 
 
Tao put his arm around her shoulders and walked with her, trying to keep himself from snapping her neck. 
 
The guys followed after them, glad to have found their prey. 
 
Only three girls followed them, though. The other two stayed behind, planning against the boys. 
 
Aurora glanced at Lena, hatred all over her stare. "Tell me I have a reason of doubting them."
 
Lena smirked, looking dangerous for the first time. "Oh, you have no idea... Dear sister, those men will be the death of us."
 
 
•••
 
 
Chen smiled and pulled at Elizabeth's sleeve.
 
Said girl turned and grinned at the shy boy. "What's up, cheekbones?"
 
Chen blushed, glancing down. 
 
Luhan covered him up. "He wants to know why you girls are out here all alone... And why you've gone into such extreme measures to stay hidden." 
 
Rhea glanced back at them, a scowl on her face. "We are dark casters, obviously."
 
Elizabeth grinned like a maniac, putting her arm around Rhea's shoulders. "The darkest of them all. We are on the government's hit list!"
 
Noah stepped in, pulling Mei after her. "We are treated worse than terrorists. If anyone sees us..."
 
"We are to be killed instantly." Mei finished her sister's sentence without any emotion on her face.
 
Rhea nodded. "We were all claimed before we were supposed to, and everything got ed in the .. Except for Noah. The claiming moon disappeared when she was born, after Mei."
 
Tao leaned closer to Rhea, before holding her hand. "I'm so sorry."
 
Said girl shrugged him off, glancing awkwardly to the side.
 
Lena and Aurora walked into the room. Lena was shaking nervously, while Aurora was fuming. 
 
"I hope you know what you're doing, Miss Leader. Because Lena told me everything... And these guys are up to no good."
 
Rhea stood nose to nose with her best friend, baring her teeth. "Listen to me. I am the leader here. If I make any mistakes, I take full responsibility."
 
"They came here to kill--"
 
"They, Aurora, came here for protection. And we will help them. They are the same as us! And nothing you say or do will change my mind." 
 
Aurora glanced around, feeling betrayed, before growling in frustration and running out of the room. 
 
Lena shook her head. "I can't believe you, Rhea."