Shim Changmin

Miduhyo (Believe)

Exams are coming up. Yeah, I never really studied though. I don’t need to study music because it’s just, you know, a part of me that’s kind of stick to me. So even though I didn’t study, I will have everything related to music easy for me.

So as you know, Kibum had flown away to the States today, so I was left with my buddies Jaejoong and Jaerin in class. Jaejoong and Jaerin aren't siblings, but for some mysterious reasons I didn't know their names are similar to each other. Jaejoong, Kibum, Jaerin and me are always together,. But everything kind of changed since Kibum asked me out. Truthfully, I kind of like our relationship back then, just as friends.

Oh yeah, I was supposed to tell you about my family too. My family consists of four children; me – Seungmi, my younger brother Seunghyun – though I thought he’s more mature than me, Seungrim – my favorite saeng who always envies our maknae Seungri – simply just because he’s the maknae. Mom and Dad are away most of the time, I don’t know where, they said it was a ‘business that cannot be told to children’.  That makes just the four of us at home most of the time.

Don’t forget my oppa Kim Jonghyun. Although he’s just my cousin he is a very close relative to me. If I want to look up on someone to depend, he’s always there for me, his smile greeted me every time we meet. When I was young back then, he said that he used to sing me lullabies before I got to sleep. I had to admit that he has a golden voice that can make me, if I’m not his cousin, fall for him. And yeah, he sure got the looks, man. Jonghyun oppa is my role model.

 

 “Annyeonghaseyo, Shim Changmin imnida. Manasseo bangapseumnida,” and he bowed.

Oh, today there’s this new guy at school. I don’t really payed attention, though.

Well, at lunch time, I think I saw him approaching our table, I mean, Jaejoong's, Jaerin's and mine. I thought, ‘what was he trying to do?’ when he asked,

“Can I sit with you guys?”

Wow. Is he supposed to fill in the empty spot that has been left by Kibum? My heart says so but I couldn’t figure it right. My instincts told me that this guy’s going to change my life, either fully or a bit.

“Sure,” I finally said, after an awkward moment of silence.

“Thanks,” that Changmin guy said. “Have you guys been eating together, I mean, just the three of you?” he asked, pointing to the fact of the four chairs circling the table. “Well, if yes, it’s kind of odd to me.”

“Uh, no, actually,” Jaejoong said. “One of our buds went to the States just this morning to continue his study there. So, um, I guess you’re going to fill his place then. The name’s Jaejoong, bro.”

“Jaerin,” as she shook his hand.

“Seungmi,” I said with a smile.

“Nice meeting all of you guys. I wouldn’t expect my first day of school to be like this. I thought I didn’t make friends that fast.”

“Well, you should. In this school, everybody’s keeping up the fast pace. Sooner or later, you will have to have someone to get your back. We can, if you need to. And you came in the right time to fill the spot of Kibum," Jaerin said.

“So Kibum’s the name, huh?” he said. “Kay, I’ll try my best to replace him then,” he smiled.

I never thought of someone replacing Kibum before. I mean, the four of us, Kibum, Jaejoong, Jaerin and me are buds since middle school and I can’t imagine what would happened if someone left and someone else filled in the empty spot. It would be, odd, I guess. But hey, it really happened and I don’t think it would be that bad. Changmin is open-minded and friendly. Now I’m looking forward to knowing him more since he’s become, kind of, automatically, one of my buds.