I Think I Like You

Miduhyo (Believe)

NOTE: for this chapter, I will use nobody's POV ^^

That same night, Jaejoong and Jaerin went ice-skating, just the two of them. The weather is cold, but they both still enjoyed spending the time together.

“Are you cold?” Jaejoong asked Jaerin, seeing that she’s shivering.

“Nah, I’m good,” Jaerin replied, squeezing Jaejoong’s hand to assure him she’s fine.

“But still, you make me worry.  Here, take my jacket,” Jaejoong wrapped his jacket around Jaerin’s body, hoping that the girl would feel warmer.

“Thanks,” she said. They continued skating, still holding hands.

Then out of the blue, Jaejoong asked, “What does a farmer count his cows with?”

“Huh?” Jaerin asked back, not getting what he just said. “What?”

Jaejoong, who doesn’t seem to notice the confused look on Jaerin’s face, continued, “COW-CULATOR!”

There was an awkward moment of silence until Jaerin finally understands and,

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD JAEJOONG that was the cheesiest joke I’ve ever heard!”

Sure enough, it was cheesy, but Jaerin can’t stop laughing. She lost her balance and stumbled to the ground, bringing Jaejoong to stumble along with her.

Jaejoong, who at first was offended because Jaerin said his joke is cheesy, is now laughing along. They were lying on the ice, but they didn’t even mind the cold. They were too happy to notice.

Jaejoong stared at Jaerin as she still continues laughing. Right then, Jaejoong knew he’s supposed to tell her his feelings he had keep all along. Wait, he got a better idea.

With the two of them still lying on the ice, Jaejoong shouted, “I LOVE YOU KIM JAERIN!”

Jaejoong closed his eyes and crossed his fingers when Jaerin finally shouted back,

“I LOVE YOU TOO KIM JAEJOONG!”

Jaejoong opens his eyes and his eyes widen, not sure of what he was hearing earlier. But when he saw the smile on Jaerin’s face, he just knew that the girl has accepted his feelings.

“I LOVE YOU MOREEE!” Jaejoong shouted.

“I LOVE YOU MOST!” Jaerin shouted, even louder.

Then the two of them realized that they were still lying on ice…..

And they burst into laughter.

 

It was getting late. Jaejoong and Jaerin walked together, holding hands. When they finally arrived at Jaerin’s house’s front porch, they stopped for a while.

They were standing face-to-face in front of the house’s front door. Jaejoong was looking deeply into Jaerin’s eyes when he asks,

“Can I kiss you?”

Jaerin, who is startled, just freezes in her spot.

Jaejoong move closer to her, holding Jaerin’s cheeks in his hands. When their lips were just an inch away from touching, Jaerin ducked under, avoiding Jaejoong and successfully landed a peck on his right cheek.

“And that’s all you’ve got for today,” Jaerin said playfully before winking and got into her house.

Jaejoong has never experienced such joy.

 

Bzzzzz, bzzzzzz, bzzzzzzzzz

Jaejoong’s phone vibrates in his pocket. It’s a call from Changmin.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Ah, thank God you’re not asleep yet, hyung!”

“Well, you’re lucky I’m still up,” he said. “You sound so frantic. What's up?”

“Ya hyung. Do you ever fall in love?”

‘What’s with the sudden topic?’ Jaejoong wondered. “Uh, yeah, of course. Why?”

“That is, I’m kind of confused right now. I don’t know exactly whether I like someone or not but there’s this urge from inside me to just ask her out.”

“That means you like her, dummy,” I said. “Is this your first time?”

“Well, yeah. Wait, how do you know that I must’ve like her, hyung?”

“Sometimes, when your brain is tired of thinking, your heart will speak,” I explained. “What your heart says, it’s best for you.”

“Whoa, hyung, that’s deep.”

“Yeah. I know,” I said. That was deep. “Think about it again,” I finally said. “And good luck.”

“Thanks, hyung,” he said. I smiled, although I know he couldn’t see me. And he hung up.

 

Changmin had made up his mind. He has promised himself that he will be brave enough to tell Seungmi his feelings. Today, they were supposed to meet at a park. Changmin has been there for 15 minutes, yet Seungmi hadn't show up.

When she finally did, she waved her hand to Changmin. He waved back.

"You're early," Seungmi said.

"You're late," Changmin said with a smirk.

"Anyway. I'll go get some ice cream. You want some?" she said, pointing to the ice cream truck nearby.

"You really understand me, dude."

"Mint chocolate-chip, I suppose?"

"Uh-huh," Changmin said, nodding. With that, Seungmi headed off.

Changmin put on his headphones, blast off the volume of his iPod and closes his eyes.

 

Just as Seungmi got to the ice cream truck, the truck started to pull away.

"Hey! HEY!" she shouted. "YA! Stop!"

But the truck keeps on going. And Seungmi keep running.

Then she realized that she wouldn't catch up with the truck, so she finally stopped chasing it.

But then she realized something even more important;

she didn't know where she is. She's lost.

 

'It's been fifteen minutes,' Changmin wondered. 'Where is she?'

He turned his chair around, expecting to see the ice cream truck there, only there isn't any.

Panick starts to rise up in his chest. 'Where did she go? Where could she possibly be?'

Without further thinking, he tosses his jacket onto his shoulder and started running throughout the park.

Screaming out the girl's name, he ran and ran.

 

A little while later, Changmin felt a familiar voice calling his name.

"Changmin! Ya Shim Changmin, that's you right?"

A feeling of relief washed over him. He smiles as Seungmi walks up to him.

"That annoying ice cream truck pulled away before I was able to order," she explained. "But then I saw a pretzel shop and decided to buy these, are you okay with - "

She wasn't able to continue because now Changmin is pulling her into an enormous hug.

"Ya, what are you doing? We're in a public place, you know - "

"Let's just stay like this for a moment," he said. Then looking into her eyes, "Please."

Seungmi returned his hug. "I would love to, actually," she smiled.

"Don't ever get lost again. Or else I must put a GPS detector on you," he said, ruffling her hair.

"Don't be such a paranoid. Besides, I enjoy getting lost. It's kind of fun."

"It's not fun because I got worried whenever you're not beside me..."

That, startled Seungmi. Changmin loosened his hug and stares at Seungmi's eyes, where he can see his own reflection, before finally saying,

"Because I think I like you."

 

 

Author's Note: How was the chapter? I hope it's not too boring ^^ school is making me crazy with all sorts of projects and tests and stuff, but I promise to update frequently! :D sorry for the grammatical or spelling mistakes. English is not my mother language. Special thanks goes to Celine (2104thecassie), Laurent (Shiningtaelli23) and Stella (baektotheyeol). Yu guys are da best! Lav yuuuuu!