Protective

사랑해요

 

 "You don't control me, Sehun!  I can hang out with whoever I want to," I shouted, glaring daggers at the youngest member of EXO-K. 

Sehun returned my glare and crossed his arms.  "How do you know he isn't going to...isn't going to assault you or something?!  You have to be more careful!" He scolded. 

"Hajin wouldn't do that to me."

"How do you know he was just pretending so he could get your guard down?"

I pouted.  "I trust Hajin oppa.  He's not that kind of guy."

"Oh, so now he's your 'oppa' now?" Sehun snapped, his voice growing louder and louder. 

Rolling my eyes at him, I turned to leave.  I slung my purse over my shoulder and then fished around for my phone inside it. 

1 MISSED CALL.  KIM HAJIN. 

I quickly pressed the call button and held the phone up to my ear.  Hajin said he would be here around this time, so maybe he had called to say that he had arrived. 

"We're not done here!  You can't go out with him!" Sehun yelled when he realized I was calling Hajin.

Scoffing, I turned to face him.  "Why do you care?  Hajin will be here soon, anyway.  Then you won't have to bother nagging me."

"I just don't trust that guy! Don’t—”

"Hey princess." Hajin's voice came through the receiver, making me block out Sehun's voice.  I smiled when I heard his nickname for me. 

"Hi, oppa."

I could imagine Hajin's beaming grin after I called him oppa, making me smile. 

"I'm here to pick you up. Ready to go to your first club?"

"Ready as I’ll ever be.  I'll be down in a little."

Hajin chuckled.  "Don't keep me waiting too long.  I want to see your pretty face."  My cheeks pinked at his compliment. 

"I-I'll see you soon."

"'Soon' isn't soon enough," Hajin said sweetly, hanging up.  Still flustered, I placed my phone back in my purse and quickly took my compact out to check how I looked.  For now, everything seemed fine.  My cheeks seemed a little pink, but the cold air would hopefully cool them down.  Satisfied, I pulled on some heels and turned to leave. 

"Tell me where you're going, at least," Sehun said harshly, stepping in between me and the front door.  He held out his arms, as though I'd try to escape.

"A club.  Now, move."

"A...A club?!  No way!"

Anger boiled up within me and I had to stop myself from trying to push Sehun aside.  "I may be younger than you, but I can still make my own decisions.  Stop acting like this.  It's normal for a girl my age to go to a club."

"You're being an idiot!"

"You, Oh Sehun, are being an overly controlling jerk!! I thought you would be supportive since we were best friends."

"Oh so it's my fault for caring about your safety?!"

I narrowed my eyes.  "It's not 'caring' anymore!  It’s suffocating!"

"Why can't you see that this friend of yours is a bad guy?!"

"You know what?  I'm done.  I'm not going to take anymore of your insults." I said sharply, quickly moving past Sehun and slamming the door behind me. I still heard him yelling as I stepped into Hajin's car. 

"Are you okay, princess?  That Sunghyun kid bothering you again?" Hajin asked, frowning when he noticed my upset expression.  I didn't bother correcting him and nodded.  He noticed Sehun coming towards the car, and took off.

"I don't know what happened.  We used to get along so well."

Hajin squeezed my hand reassuringly.  "Don't worry about him anymore.  You're with the Kim Hajin.  The club scene will cheer you up.  Trust me."

I smiled and nodded.  "Thanks."

 

Soon we arrived at the club, and I could hear the music blasting  already as we stepped out of the car. 

"Ready, princess?" Hajin winked and held out his hand for me to take. 

Nervously, I grabbed his hand and followed him into the packed club.  The music was so loud that I couldn't hear myself think. People were grinding on each other and pushing me around. 

"Hajin oppa!" I panicked as someone knocked our hands apart while dancing.  Some guys seemed to notice that I was now alone and I felt myself surrounded by two of them. 

"Hey, baby.  What's your name?" One said really close to my ear. 

The other one placed his hands on my waist and closed the distance between us too close for comfort.  "I haven't seen you around before, beautiful.  Let oppa treat you well," He said close to my ear. 

"Get off, I came with someone." I said, pushing them off of me.  "Hajin oppa!" Quickly moving away from them, I went to find Hajin.  I really just wanted to get away from those two creeps.

My heart beat faster when I saw the two guys following me.  I took a turn and saw Hajin...with another girl.

They were pressed up against one another, hands all over each other.  Tears formed at the corners of my eyes when I realized how quickly Hajin replaced me, even though he was the one who brought me here.  I was about to turn when--

"We weren't done with you." The first guy from before said, yanking me back by my hair.  I screamed, but the second man pulled my face towards his and forced his lips against mine.

Gross!! I panicked, bringing my knee up between his legs.  Finally let free, I ran away from them.  I pushed my way through the crowd and dashed out of the door.  Hajin probably didn't even notice. 

I couldn't go back to Sehun's place.  I used to rely on Hajin, but that was obviously a mistake. 

Cliche as it sounds, my legs seemed to have a mind of their own and I soon found myself at the Han River.  Sehun and I always ended up walking along it, talking for hours on end.  Back when Sehun was a trainee, he had always taken me here after we went out to eat somewhere.  Sehun and I were inseparable.

My heart clenched.  I had stormed out on Sehun and gotten so mad at him, but he was right.  I felt guilty and horrible for not trusting Sehun. 

I looked out at the water and felt tears fall down my cheeks.  All of the couples walking by just seemed to be mocking me.  People would glance at me, but then just keep walking.  I’d never felt more alone than right then.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms close around my waist.  I jumped and tried to get away, thinking that the guys from before had caught up to me. 

“It’s me, it’s just me.”

I stopped squirming and realized that it was Sehun.  “Sehun-ah...” I whispered, hugging him tightly and crying into his shoulder.  “I’m so sorry Sehun-ah.”

Sehun just held me close and my hair, letting me cry.  After a while, my sobs slowly turned into sniffling and I calmed down.  “I’m sorry.” I repeated, burying my face into Sehun’s chest. 

“I’m sorry for before.  I was worried because...”

“You just knew something bad could happen, huh?”

“I was worried because I love you.”

I looked up at Sehun with wide eyes, pulling back from our embrace just enough to see his face.  He was looking back into my eyes intently.  “Please don’t be lying.” I said softly, my heart thumping loudly in my chest.

“I’m not.  I really love you.”

I placed my hands around the back of his neck and brought him closer, kissing him softly.  At first Sehun was surprised, but he soon wrapped his arms around me and deepened the kiss. 

“I love you, Sehun-ah.” I said breathlessly as we pulled away. 

“Want to tell me why you’re out here?” Sehun asked softly.  He gently wiped away a stray tear and kissed my temple.

I took in a deep breath.  “Hajin left me almost as soon as we got there.  I tried looking for him and saw him with another girl. Then these guys blocked me and started to bother me...They almost...almost...” I felt fresh tears fall down again and I hugged Sehun close again. 

Sehun rubbed my back comfortingly.  “Shh, I’m here now.  I’ll always protect you, remember? If we ever see them again, they’ll regret ever touching you, okay?”

I mumbled a ‘thank you’ and snuggled against him again.  

My phone began to ring, breaking our moment.  Grabbing my phone out of my pocket, I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Hajin.  Sehun glanced at the screen before taking the phone from me and putting it to his ear.

The first line was loud and rushed and I could hear Hajin’s voice.  “Princess, where’d you go?  Oppa is worried—“

“Cut the crap, Hajin.  Never approach my girlfriend again or you’re dead.” Sehun spat, cutting Hajin off.  He hung up the phone and handed it back to me. 

“If he bothers you, let me know, okay?”

I nodded, resting my head against his chest again.  “I’m really sorry for getting mad at you earlier for being protective.”

“I’d want to protect you even if you hated me.”

“I love you, Sehun-ah.”

Sehun smiled and kissed my lips.  “I love you too.”

 

~~~~~
I literally have 10 documents up with unfinished stories ; _ ; I hope you like this one! More to come hopefully soon!

Also if you know where I took the name Kim Hajin from, high five! :D

Thanks for subscribing, commenting, and voting!! :' >