Performing

사랑해요

Every year, SM holds a trainee-only "talent show," where the trainees all try to show off their skills to Lee Soo Man, the songwriters, and the choreographers who all acted as the judges.  Usually the winning trainee or group would be first to be considered for debut. 

And that's why all the trainees were in the practice room today, getting some last minute practice in before the performances today.  I must've practiced my own routine hundreds of times.  The dance for "Ma Boy" takes a lot of practice for it to look good. 

"Noona, have some water.  You're practicing too hard." Oh Sehun said, breaking my concentration.  He held out a bottle of water to me, plopping down on the floor. 

"Thanks, Sehunnie." I took the water and sat down next to him.

We sat silently, just watching the other trainees practicing their choreography.  Some were really impressive.  I'd have to do really well if I even hoped to compete with them. 

"Tired already?" Someone sneered.  Sehun and I looked up and saw  Shin Taehyun, a trainee.  He was jealous because Lee Soo Man already liked Sehun and planned to debut him in a group soon.  That jealousy made him a total jerk.

"What do you want?" Sehun spat, eyeing Taehyun.

"Just preparing to beat you.  It won't be hard, especially with that dumb lisp of yours." He chuckled.

"You-" I started, but Sehun put his hand over mine to stop me from saying anything.  I settled with glaring at Taehyun instead.

"Annyeonhathyeyo, Thehun imnida," Taehyun said as he teased Sehun. Several of the other SM trainees turned and looked at Sehun, monitoring his reaction.  They were tired of Sehun always being praised by Lee Soo Man and the choreographers, and most were glad that someone was standing up to Sehun now.

"Thop teathing me!" Another younger trainee named Choi Sangmin added, also mimicking Sehun's slight lisp. 

Sehun glared at the trainees but said nothing.  I assumed it was so that he wouldn't be teased even more about the way he talked.  Even though he was one of the youngest in the room, he had to be the more mature one and just ignore them. 

"Come on guys, it's not funny." One of the older trainees said in an exasperated tone.  Sehun brightened a little at his hyung's words, thinking that he would step in and protect him from the other trainees' insults. 

"Theriouthly, Thehun ith inthecure about hith lithp," That older trainee, Lee Dongmin, said instead, causing everyone else in the room to laugh hysterically. 

Finally, I stood up and stepped in between Sehun and Dongmin.  "That's enough, Dongmin.  I can't believe you'd be so immature.  I thought wisdom and maturity came along with age." I slung an arm around Sehun's shoulders protectively.  His cheeks were slightly red from embarrassment and he looked like he was fighting back tears. 

"Come on, noona.  You know we were only joking around." Sangmin rolled his eyes.  "You don't need to protect him."

I shot a glare at Sangmin that caused him to flinch.  "Stop being immature and I won't have defend Sehunnie." I spat, using the nickname I had always called Sehun by. 

"I know we went too far..." Taehyun started.  I slowly nodded, waiting for the rest of his apology.

"...And I'm thorry," He faked the lisp again, causing everyone but Sehun and I to laugh again.

"Listen you little son of a--"

"Noona, it's fine." Sehun said softly, wrapping an arm around my waist. 

I took in a deep breath to calm myself down. "If Sehunnie didn't stop me, you'd be dead right now Shin Taehyun."

Dongmin scoffed. "Baby 'Sehunnie' always needs to be protected by his big, scary noona."

"You're just jealous that Sehunnie is the top choice to debut in a group soon."

"Says the one who was too late to join SNSD and not even considered to be in f(x)." The trainees around  us all "ooh'd" at Dongmin's insult.

Dongmin knew that I had been close with the f(x) girls and that everyone was shocked when I hadn't been announced as a member of f(x).  I was later told that I "wasn't ready to debut yet" and the fact that I wasn't good enough still hurt. 

"Come on.  We need to practice for the talent show.  Let's go use one of the other practice rooms and leave the failure and her baby alone." Their laughter stabbed at us as they all followed Dongmin out.

Slowly I removed my arm from around Sehun.  "I'm sorry, Sehunnie.  It must be embarrassing to be around someone like me."

"Of course not.  Come on, Noona.  Let's just practice a few more times." He suggested, resting a reassuring hand on my shoulder. 

I shook my head.  "I don't think I'll practice anymore, Sehun."

"I'll see you during performances, then?"

"...Maybe not." I sighed.

Sehun reached forward and pulled me into his arms.  Since when were his shoulders so broad?  His arms felt comforting.  I had wanted to leave SM and never look back, but Sehun's embrace made me want to stay forever.

"Let's prove them wrong." Sehun whispered in my ear.  I looked up at him, confused, only to meet one of his cute smiles. 

"What are you--?"

"No time to talk, we have to work on our choreography!  Forget about those guys." He cut me off, tugging on my wrist impatiently.

I shook out of his grip.  Normally I was fine with skinship, but his touch made my cheeks heat up.  "It's fine, Sehun.  They don't bother me, okay?"

"Let me take care of you, Noona."

~~~

"Next is Oh Sehun." Choreographer Greg Hwang said into the microphone, gesturing for Sehun to go up on stage.

"There's been a change, sir." Sehun handed the tech crew a new disc with the song we were about to dance to on it. 

The trainees, who represented the audience's reaction, were casting confused looks towards us.  Everyone knew that Sehun and I were both doing solo songs initially. 

"Let's get on with it, then." Greg said, noticing that a couple other judges were getting impatient with the change of schedule.

I took a deep breath.  This performance could get me into a group.  There was so much pressure.  All of the judges are good at what they do and know what they want for an idol.  Sehun looked over and squeezed my hand reassuringly. 

"Don't be nervous.  Let's go." He said confidently, with a small smile.  Sehun was just as nervous as me, but the fact that he pretended to be confident to make me feel comfortable made my heart flutter.

We got into our starting positions in the center of the stage, and I could feel everyone's eyes on us.  Sehun placed one hand on my waist and his face was only inches from mine. 

The song started playing, and some of the people in the audience made cat calls when they realized what song it was. 

"When I look into your eyes, I’m a Trouble Maker..." Sehun sang, his eyes locked onto my own. 

"When I stand next to you, I’m a Trouble Maker,"

I tried to copy Hyuna's fierce look as I sang, looking out at the audience.  The judges seemed interested, and the trainees were on the edge of their seats. 

"I'll steal your lips again, and run far away," Sehun's face came closer and closer to mine, and I almost didn't turn at the right time.  He winked as we continued dancing.  My heart threatened to beat right out of my chest.

Towards the end of the performance, everyone was cheering us on.  The final move was coming up, and I didn't know how to react.  Sehun pulled me close and used his hand to block our faces from being seen by the judges and the audience. 

In the practice room, we ended up laughing it off and starting the routine over again. 

I definitely wasn't expecting him to press his lips against mine. 

Sehun smiled as he pulled away, removing his hand.  Nearly all of the trainees stood up and applauded our performance.  We bowed, and waited for the judges' criticism. 

"Very, very y.  You two have great chemistry." Choreographer Shim Jaewon clapped, a smile on his face. 

Greg looked proud.  "Best performance we've seen so far."

"I loved it.  y.  Am I right?" Songwriter Kenzie said, earning screams of approval from the audience.

The noise died down as the most important judge was left.  President Lee Soo Man.

"The expectation for this performance was very high for the two of you..." Lee Soo Man started, looking at the two of us. 

"But...you two more than exceeded expectations.  I can see you two debuting soon." He finished. 

"Next is Choi Sangmin..." Greg announced next, but Sehun and I didn't hear it.  As soon as we got offstage, Sehun hugged me and swung me around. 

"We did great!" Sehun said happily.  "You were amazing."

I pinked at his compliment and smiled back at him.  "You were amazing too,"

"That kiss wasn't for show, Noona."

My heart leapt again.  "What do you--" I was cut off with Sehun's lips on mine again.  This time, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.  And as cliché as it was, kissing him just felt right.

"...that concludes the performances.  And now, the winner." I faintly heard Lee Soo Man say. 

Sehun and I took random seats and listened in.

"With an unanimous vote, the Troublemaker duo wins!"

"We did it, Sehun!" I screamed happily, hugging him tightly.  Sehun wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"Aw, look at the cute couple," Taehyun sneered. 

Before I could even say anything, Sangmin and Dongmin pushed Taehyun aside.  "Don't listen to him.  We're sorry for before, Sehun.  You two really were amazing." Sangmin said. 

"We're just a little jealous of you two.  I'm sorry." Dongmin confessed.  "You guys killed it out there."

"Thanks, hyung." Sehun grinned.  Taehyun, dejected, walked away without another word.  Soon all of the trainees had filed out of the room.

Lee Soo Man approached us and shook both of our hands.  "Sehun, you may have expected this, but you will be a part of the new 12 member group I plan to debut soon.  You will meet your fellow members soon."

"Thank you very much, sir," Sehun bowed respectfully. 

Soo Man turned to me.  I felt nervous again. 

"I regret not placing you with f(x).  In 2013, I have plans for a new girl group.  You will be the leader."

"Thank you, sir!" I said, bowing to him and trying not to be overly excited.

He smiled at our reactions.  "Great performance today.  I'll anticipate even more, now." Soo Man said, leaving Sehun and I alone again. 

"You're going to be in M1 or M2!" I said to Sehun excitedly.  Everyone in SM knew the rumors by now.  

Sehun nodded, grinning widely.  "And you'll be the leader of your own group!" He pulled my face close and removed the gap between our lips. 

"Thank you for convincing me to perform," I said softly, resting my head on his chest.  He chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

"I didn't want you to leave me.  I love you, Noona."  

I blushed as a smile crept onto my face.  "I love you too, Sehunnie."

 

 

~~~~~

Phew! Finally ^^"

*edit* I know LSM isn't the CEO anymore...but he's just better known ^^;

I hope you all enjoy it!  Thank you for commenting, voting, and subscribing <3