Chapter 1

100 Kisses

 

You couldn’t hide your smiling face today. Taemin, your boyfriend, just called you and promised that he would spend New Year Eve with you. It’s been almost six months since you were together and it’s always been so hard for both of you to have a day together. You can’t even complain about it since you realize this is the consequences of having a relationship with a member of one of most popular boy band in South Korea. The last time you remember spent time together with him for more than 2 hours was his birthday 5 months ago, the rest was just simply having lunch or dinner together between his schedules.

Today is the last day of your college before a long winter break, and you have one exam for your organic chemistry class. You thought today would be an annoying day because last night you couldn’t get the things you have to memorize into your head. But heard Taemin’s voice on the phone and the news just now, you thought you could handle whatever happens today very well.

~~~

Evening on December 31, you left your apartment with flowers in your heart. This would be your first New Year with him and you get to spend the whole night with your most loved one. Taemin called you last night and told you that he had safely arrived in SHINee’s dorm. He went back alone after their Japan activity just so he could fulfill his promise to you, while the rest of SHINee’s members decided to celebrate the New Year Eve in Japan. So after almost more than two weeks not meeting him, including Christmas, You can’t restrain yourself for having this excitement in your heart. You just missed him too much after all.

You know it’s not common for people to give gift on New Year but since you both skipped celebrating Christmas together, this gift is practically your Christmas gift for him. It’s nothing special though, just Gryffindor look like red-and-yellow scarf and gloves you knitted yourself since two months ago. As a fan of Harry Potter and Gryffindor, his favorite house in Hogwarts, you hope that those simple handmade scarf and gloves would make a nice gift for him.

It was snowing a little when you reached his dorm, but outside the yard was covered by snow already. Being almost 45 minutes on a bus in winter like this made your body shiver of the cold. You intentionally went by bus this time because you knew it would be hard to park your car and how dangerous it is to drive in winter like this. You walked fast to the front door, felt your heart thumping even before you pushed the button on the right edge of the door. You heard steps walking towards the door after the bell rang and your heart thumping even more. You don’t know why though, because it’s obviously not your first date with him, so what’s with all this crazy heartbeats?