Chapter 2

The Stars in His Eyes

 

"Hongki oppa, it's nice to see you!" You said elated. Jaejin saw your overly excited reaction and decided it was his time to exit. "Okay Nana, well I guess I'll see you later. I'll treat you next time! Kamsahamnida" Jaejin said then walked out the door leaving you alone with the man of your dreams. 
"Do you want something to eat?" You politely asked him. Hongki nodded and smiled. There wasn't a thing you wouldn't do to see that smile each day. You went to go prepare him some food and returned with many side dishes and rice made. Hongki's eyes got bigger and he smiled approvingly. 
"Wow Nana you're so talented. I didn't know you could make stuff like this!" He said getting more kimchi. "I learned from my grandmother when I was young" you explained. "She must've been a great cook!" You smiled at the compliment. "You have a beautiful smile you know?" Hongki said causing you to choke on your lemonade. "Mwo-mworago?" You said startled. "Gwaenchana? Aigoo, you should slow down Nana-yah." Hongki said laughing to himself at your reaction. You could feel your cheeks turn hot. "Oh I'm okay, you just caught me off guard." You stiffened. "I like your smile as well." You timidly admitted and quickly looked down. Hongki put his finger beneath your chin and brought your gaze to his. "I'd like to see more of yours." He said with his eyes twinkling. You could hardly breathe, he was making you so nervous. "Then maybe you should come around more often." You said with your best attempt to flirt back. Hongki smiled and got up. "Thank you for the food. I think I should go now, it's not good for a man to be in a woman's room this late at night." He said and caressed your face in his hands. He then slowly pressed his lips lightly against yours and smiled at your stunned reaction again. "Goodnight" he said and closed the door behind him. 
Your heart was pounding so hard you thought it would jump out of your chest. Does Hongki oppa like me? You asked yourself. How else could you explain that kiss? You touched your lip, as they were still tingling. You walked over to your bed and fell comfortably onto it. You closed your eyes, breathed in slowly and fell asleep.