New Kids

Since Then...

It was a normal day. Alarm went off every five minutes at 6:00am. I have to wake up early since my school is pretty far away.

Next year is our graduation year so I promised my oppa, Shin Soohyun, that I would study hard. He visits at times but he's always caught up with work or he just doesn't have the time. Yup... that's my brother right there for you. Working non-stop. He's like a perfectionist at work so he's never late and he's always organised. (And people still ask why he's always getting promoted.) He offered me to live with him because he was worried when he heard that I was moving out. But I just ignored his offer because I wanted to see how it felt like being independent for once and not always relying on him and umma. I have to admit... it's really lonely.

I finally got up after my annoying alarm.
"Stupid thing." I slammed the clock and went to the bathroom to wash up. I changed into my uniform and went to the kitchen to cook.
"Looks like I'll have to eat eggs and toast again..." I went over to the fridge but to my surprise, there was a note on it.

 

Yah pabo! Stop eating eggs or you're going to get fat. (Trust me I know you more than you think.) I bought you some fruits and cereal to eat. I'm coming over tomorrow aswell and it better be clean unlike last time. Don't let your oppa clean after you so much, arasso? But I can't do anything about it since umma told me I have to check up on you a lot. You're probably wondering how I got in there right? Well you left a spare key under the mat so yeah. Pretty typical hiding place for a key. Stay safe and don't worry about oppa. I'll always be there when you need me! :)
~Saranghae dongsaengnim <3

From, Soohyun oppa.
(P.s, cereal is in the pantry and I put a fruit basket on the dining table. Eat well!)

 

*Oh oppa.* I couldn't help but laugh at his little note. I did what he told me to do on the letter and ate some cereal and fruits. It wasn't that bad. "He better buy me more of this stuff."

 

It was time to go. I walked outside and waited for the bus.
"Why does it have to be so cold today." I tried to warm myself up but nothing was working. While failing at warming up, a jacket was suddenly put over me so I looked back.

"Shin Heesun, don't you know how to keep warm." He giggled as I just stared at him shocked.

"Mir oppa. What brings you here?" Mir has been a friend of mine since 1st grade. I could always trust him and luckily I found a house close to him and that we go to the same school.

"Just wanted to see my best friend. Why? Is that not allowed?"

I just giggled. "Not at all. Just don't shock me like that next time."

"Mianhae. I won't do it next time~" He did a really cute aegyo and puffed up his cheeks. I poked them and ended up just playing around for a while. Suddenly, something hit my mind about Mir.

"Mir oppa..."

"Nae?"

"How long do you think we're going to stay friends?" He stared at me confused for a while but then gave a humble smile.

"For as long as we live." He gave me a hug that really felt warm and safe. I smiled and hugged him back. "Why would you ask that? Do you not want to be my friend?"

"Of course I do! The question just got to my mind somehow. But don't worry oppa. We will always be friends. Forever and always." I looked up and smiled while he looked at me with shining eyes and smiled back.

"Since you're concerned, let's pinky swear on it." Mir held up his pinky as I locked mine with his and pressed our thumbs together. "Forever and always!"

*Bang Cheolyong... I never want to loose you. Forever and always!*

==================

We arrived at school and walked straight to class to get ready. Mir and I were always in the same class which made it more fun since he's my only friend. I never usually made friends. But with Mir... It was different. The way we became friends wasn't normal but at least we got to know each other.

 

 

It was early summer in 1st grade. I usually went swimming lessons after school.
As I was walking to the pools with Soohyun, I noticed a kid standing in the middle of the pathway staring at me. He just kept staring and staring until we passed him and just continued walking. I looked back and he was still staring at me but I soon ignored it and went on. It seems like I know him from somewhere.


We arrived at the pools and I was about to start my lessons. I looked around the pools and it was packed full with people. I just kept looking at everyone enjoying themselves until someone caught my eye. It was the guy on the pathway that was staring at me. *He followed me?*

We finished off our lessons and Soohyun oppa said that I could have some free-time in the water. So I did. I looked at Soohyun oppa and tried to call him but he was too busy texting. I wanted to try to swim in the deeper side of the pool so I did. Next thing I knew was that I was on the edge of the pools lying down. I looked up and saw the boy that was staring at me on the pathway.
"Yah Heesun! You drowned! You're lucky this kid saved your life. I was so worried! Don't ever go to the deep end of the pool, arasso?! I'm just glad you're safe." Soohyun said while hugging me as I was still staring at the boy.

"What's your name?" I asked him curiously.
"Bang Cheolyong. But you can call me Mir. When I saw you on the pathway I knew who you were. You go to my school." *So that's where I saw him*.
"Kamsahamnida. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be alive right now. Want to be my friend?" He nodded and my oppa just stared at us smiling.

We continued playing in the water until it was time to leave.
"See you at school best friend!" *He called me his best friend...*

 

 

 

It felt like it was just yesterday when that happened. I couldn't ask for another friend more precious to me than Mir. *Saranghae Mir Oppa*

"Heesunnie, look outside the window!" Mir took hold of my arm and dragged me to the window and all you could see was a big crowd of people.

"I wonder what it's for. We'll probably find out later." I went back to my desk but before I could sit down, Mir took my arm and dragged me outside into the crowd.
We walked through each person and tried to get a better view of what was going on.

"Hop on to my shoulders and tell me what you see." Mir bent down and I got ontop of him and looked at what was going on.

"Omo..."

"What is it?" He asked looking up at me and brought me off his shoulders.

"We have new kids in school."