Part II: Day 2

Say Something

 

 

 

~DAY 2~

 

 

Fact #7: LUHAN LOVES WATCHING YIXING.

Luhan anxiously plays with his earlobe as he habitually gazes at Yixing, who is for some reason staring blankly into space with his mouth slightly agape.

He’s become so damn hopeless.

Luhan sighs very audibly at the thought, making his seatmate who is so adamantly and seriously answering their Calculus test glare at him, before shaking his head and burying his face into his palms.

Yixing’s point of obsession with Kris… He finds it disgusting, crazy, desperate, blind, and et cetera. Luhan knows this is his plan, but his plan technically ruined his oblivious, lovable best friend. Where is his Zhang Yixing?

Like for example,

 

Luhan: Knock. Knock.

Yixing: Who’s there?

Luhan: Luhan.

Yixing: Oh, Wufan?

 

Luhan deadpans at the thought in his head. Luhan is being replaced by the bastard Wufan???? The bastard who wants to be called Wufan only by those who are dear to his heart—as Kris mentioned to Luhan one time they were chatting.

That must not be.

He wants old Yixing back.

Project Yixing must be terminated.

Yixing is his.

Fact #8: LUHAN IS JEALOUS????

Their Calculus teacher claps his hands and says to the class, “Okay, time’s up! Pass your papers!”

Everyone complies except Yixing. Luhan bites his inner lower lip before nudging Yixing back into reality.

Yixing raises both his eyebrows as he looks at the older with a questioning look. “What?”

“You better pass your before the old ex-gay bastard fails you!” Luhan hisses, throwing daggers at Yixing with his ultimate death glare.

Yixing opens his mouth to argue with Luhan and to tell him to keep watch of his language, but the older stands abruptly, snatches Yixing’s paper from his grasp, and passes it to the Calculus teacher himself.

When Luhan returns to his seat, Yixing leans in closer and whispers, “You just did not say ''…did you?”

Luhan can’t help it. He feels so angry right now. At himself or at Yixing, he doesn’t know. But he knows that he does want to get mad at Yixing. “Oh, yes, I did. Um, no. Actually I think I mispronounced sheet in-tentionally. Got a problem with that?”

“N-n-no, of course, there’s nothing wrong. I mean, are you mad?” Yixing speaks in his usual mellow voice, the kind of voice one uses when making a child sleep upon bedtime.

Luhan inwardly grits his teeth, his breathing becoming even more uneven.

How can this Yixing be sooooooo oblivious to how Luhan is feeling right now??!!

Then, the biggest question in Luhan’s mind then flashes madly in his mind like a wild, angry siren: WHY IS HE EVEN FRIENDS WITH ZHANG YIXING???

“Yixing, leave me alone, okay?”

“But why?”

“Because I am actually mad at you.”

Yixing retreats to his own world silently, which Luhan really, really, really regrets. The last thing he wants is to make Yixing ignore him. But isn’t that what he actually wants right now?

Luhan slaps his face as he mentally slaps (as well, with hitting and spanking) and tells himself over and over again, Stupid Luhan!

Just as Luhan is wallowing in his own thoughts, Yixing passes him a folded piece of paper. Luhan takes the paper, unfolds it, and reads:

Dance practice room later at lunch??? Please?

Luhan can’t hide a grin.

 

*          *          *

 

The music is already booming in the practice room when Luhan enters, expecting to see Yixing dancing with the beat. However, he sees the younger boy cross-sitting on the floor and talking to himself in the mirror.

Luhan’s anger had already dissipated but it comes running back again—blame rapid diffusion!—when he hears the taboo word of the day: KRIS. So what Luhan does is this:

He shuts the door with a Thud!

Yixing ignores him.

He puts his bag on the floor with an even louder Thud!

Yixing still ignores him.

He stomps his feet as he walks closer to Yixing.

But Yixing still can’t see him as he continues to rant on his fantasies about Kris, which really, really disgusts Luhan now because his friend’s mind has become so corrupted!

Luhan badly wants to punch Yixing, slap him endlessly so he would come back to the real world, pinch his cheeks as hard as he could, and— Luhan is even willing to head Yixing!

But Luhan does none of those options. Instead, he starts tickling the younger on his sides.

“Yah!” Luhan shouts.

Yixing screams and yelps like a girl as he begs Luhan to stop. “Hey, Luhan! Oh! Not there! Don’t touch me there! Oh! No! Please, Luhannie~”

Luhan stops. He loves being called Luhannie. Yixing grins in victory. Luhan squints at him. This will never be Yixing’s victory.

Luhan presses his body closer to Yixing, his hands still guarding Yixing’s sensitive, ticklish parts, and brings his mouth closer to the spot just below Yixing’s ear.

Yixing-ah~” Luhan says with a wicked grin on his face. He’s so gonna love this.

“What is it, Luhan ge?” Yixing asks.

Then, Luhan blows softly into Yixing’s neck.

Ahhhhhhh~

Yixing cringes and curls under Luhan. He squeals, shrieks, and—

Gosh, he really is so damn cute but why does he also make cute sounds escape his mouth? This is going to be bull. No, it’s actually... Yixing’s got a way to go to like this.

Then, wild questions crush all his happy thoughts.

If he had also been in love with Yixing…

If he were as brave as Kris Wu to win Yixing’s heart…

If the time came when Yixing and Kris would finally have to do it…

--------------------???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????--------------------

Luhan breaks his cage and lets Yixing go.

No. No. No. No. No.

That would be bull indeed, right?

He can’t imagine himself doing it with Yixing. But he can actually imagine Yixing doing it with Kris. He can so imagine Kris doing things (both imaginable and unimaginable things) to his precious best friend. And with Yixing’s expressions and reactions…

No.

Yixing’s gonna be good in bed, all right?

.

Luhan rakes a hand through his hair and blinks his eyes several times, when Yixing asks him (as innocently as always, just like an oblivious deer caught under a hunter’s target point) with a slightly ragged breath, “Something wrong, Luhan?”

“You have so defiled me, Zhang Yixing!” Luhan screams at him, which surprises the younger.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Yixing stammers, not knowing if meeting Luhan’s fiery gaze or not would be the right thing to do.

“Of course, you don’t. If only you know what I go through every single night since that confession! My life’s a living hell right now.”

But Yixing does not say anything. Because he doesn’t know what Luhan is talking about! Yixing really is the King of Innocence!

Yixing stands and offers a hand to Luhan, saying, “Wanna dance?”

Luhan takes Yixing’s hand and lets himself be pulled upright by the younger male. “For the upcoming festival?”

“Y-Yeah,” Yixing smiles shyly. “My partner is sick so I don’t have anyone I can practice with but you.”

“But why me?” Luhan asks curiously. Honestly, he feels suspicious about this. “You should’ve just asked another girl to be your dance partner.”

“Luhannie...” Yixing his upper lip as he thinks of how he should explain his predicament to Luhan. “You see… They…kind of…changed the rules…”

“Can you please do it fast, Yixing? In case you need to remember, we only have half an hour left before Calculus.”

Calculus again after lunch. Stupid Calculus.

“Okay, so they changed the rules. Instead of it being a boy-girl partnership, they changed into…you know…”

Realization dawns on Luhan quickly and unknindly. “Yixing, look at me!”

Yixing hesitantly meets Luhan’s gaze. Yixing is so honest and oblivious, and with their history, Luhan can tell what’s running through Yixing’s brain cells with just one look.

Luhan gasps. “Oh, my god. This is so not true.”

Yixing purses his lips and entwines his fingers nervously as he continues to look down on the floor. When he finds the courage to speak again, he tells Luhan, “I know this is a silly favor, but…please?”

Fact #9: LUHAN CAN NEVER SAY NO TO YIXING.

“Okay, so you’re the girl or the boy in the dance?” Luhan asks, thoughts racking his head.

This can’t be.

This can be.

This is a chance.

But, no. He needs Yixing to be on his right mind.

Yixing squirms on his spot.

Oh, my god, no,” Luhan says uncomfortably. He begins to pace back and forth across the room. He knew he thought of terminating his project. It’s already a success after all, but he still needs to do a little alteration to his plan.

When he is done thinking, he plants both his hands on Yixing’s shoulders, and says eventually, “Think of me as your dance partner then.”

Yixing nods.

They change the music and play tango, and start dancing their routine. They waltz, they turn, they entwine their fingers, they stare into each other’s gaze then look away then look again. At first, everything goes well, but as they dance and dance and dance with the music, Yixing’s movements are becoming much more intense. Luhan groans inwardly as he feels the feeling of desire emanating from Yixing’s being. With the way Yixing is looking at him, with the way Yixing is slightly opening his mouth and his lips nervously, with the way Yixing keeps on staring at his…

Then, it’s time for another dip. Luhan does it gracefully, carefully supporting Yixing, who is now staring at him like how Nala stared at Simba in The Lion King.

Luhan looks away anxiously, which he should not have done.

Yixing adds pressure to his weight and pulls Luhan closer to him. Unable to anticipate Yixing’s action, Luhan slightly gives in to Yixing’s weight but manages to support both of them with his strong legs. Then, Yixing’s hold on Luhan becomes tighter as he pulls himself upward to plant a kiss on Luhan’s lips.

Luhan’s eyes widen in disbelief as he drops Yixing unceremoniously onto the floor. He blinks several times, as his mind slowly registers everything.

What did just happen?

He shoots Yixing a look with a mixture of bewilderment, shock, and…Luhan is not sure if he is blushing, but he can feel his cheeks turning hot.

On the other hand, Yixing also looks dazed on the floor, as if he’s wondering where he is right now and wondering who’s the one standing also-confused in front of him.

Luhan turns on his heel and walks away from Yixing to pick his bag, and says before leaving the room, “It’s class.”

 

*          *          *

 

The class return to their seats as Mr. Calculus Teacher enters the room with a bunch of papers in his hands. All this while, Luhan and Yixing have been ignoring each other.

More like, who wouldn’t feel awkward after they shared a kiss?

“Guess what?” Mr. Calculus teacher says to the class. “Someone got a perfect score.”

Luhan’s self-esteem slightly reaches a higher notch. He knows it’s him. He’s the top student, he always perfects his exams. No one can beat him. He seeks comfort at this fact, and thinking about it is a strong stress-reliever against his currently building frustration.

“Zhang Yixing!”

Luhan deadpans yet again.

Yixing looks around him, still confused as usual. “You called me, Sir?”

Mr. Calculus Teacher laughs. “You got a perfect score!”

Yixing lets his mouth form a large “O”, but purses his lips a second after as he turns to his right to peek a look at Luhan. The older is shooting daggers at him again.

“But, what did you write here at the back of your paper?” the teacher asks curiously. “I don’t understand, it’s in Chinese.”

Yixing blushes fervently. Luhan can’t take it anymore, so he stands up and snatches Yixing’s test paper from their teacher’s hand.

His eyes grow wider and wider and wider, as if they’re about to bulge out from their rightful sockets, as he reads word after word in a tremendously increasing speed.

You just did not , did you?!” Luhan asks Yixing in front of the class.

Everyone stares at Yixing, then to Luhan, and then back to Yixing. Luhan’s face is flushed with anger (and jealousy) while Yixing’s face is flushed with pure embarrassment.

What on earth has he done to make Luhan this mad at him?

 

 

Project Yixing Day Two?

Success but still in progress.

Next Status?

Project Yixing to be terminated at once.

Too much Kris Wu on Yixing's brain cells are plain dangerous.

Repeat! DANGEROUS!

 

 


 

***To be continued***