Part II: Day 1

Say Something

 

 

It has been exactly 30 hours, 36 minutes, and 8 seconds since the moment Luhan commenced his Project Yixing. Luhan has been patient, persevering, and creative during that extremely huge timeframe. It has taken him a lot of effort to coax Yixing into liking Kris, and a lot of effort into convincing Kris to just plainly show forever-dense-Zhang-Yixing that he is head over heels in love with him.

But do not misunderstand Luhan. He only has good intentions for the two of them. He is indifferent to Kris, but Yixing is his best friend. He can’t leave Yixing alone, especially if he knows that his best friend is actually in love with the most popular guy in town but doesn’t know it himself—Or, Yixing knows it but doesn’t want to acknowledge that fact that he likes Kris.

But Luhan’s most important reason is this.

Fact #5: LUHAN IS ZHANG YIXING’S NUMBER ONE SUPPORTER.

Yixing has had a lot of flings and heartbreaks in furious, terrible succession even way before Kris Wu entered the big picture. Some relationships lasted for a day or two but there were even ones that lasted for only an hour or less. So when Luhan realized that Kris is more than sincere towards Yixing and when he became aware of the potential those two possess, he decides to help.

Luhan thinks that the two of them just need a little push.

A little push?

He thinks he’s pushed way too hard already and their progression is still way too slow. Even slower than a snail or a turtle.

But, Oh my, god, Luhan has never expected Yixing to reach obsession way beyond obsession in such a short period of time.

Fact #6: LUHAN ALWAYS LOVES TO CONTRADICT HIMSELF--KING OF PARADOX.

Luhan has to admit Yixing’s obsession is worse than his own to the point that it can be equated to being crazy (maybe van Gogh-crazy style).

So, being Yixing’s love counsellor officially begins today.

 

 

~DAY 1~

 

 

School cafeteria. One of the places Luhan hates most.

Luhan begrudgingly sets his tray down on the table as Yixing sits beside him.

“You could’ve gone without me,” Luhan mutters under his breath. “You know how much I hate being with these ugly people.”

Yixing, however, just beams him a foolish smile. Actually, Yixing smiles like a clown. Oh, how Luhan wants to offer Yixing right at that moment three or so bottles so he could juggle and finally get Kris’ attention. If ever the subject he's thinking about is indeed in the cafeteria.

As if to counter his doubt, he sees the crown of blond hair sticking out among the crowd of sweaty people. He is tall and handsome. Well, he just simply stands out wherever he goes. Period.

“Here they are!” Yixing gasps in excitement, squirming in his seat and tucking a lock of hair behind his ear.

The members of the basketball team take their seats around a long table on the other side of the room. Kris, however, does not sit with them. He is actually walking towards Luhan’s direction.

Luhan lets his jaw drop a little, then groans in dismay. “I should’ve just left you on your own.”

“No!” Yixing clasps his hands around Luhan’s, but the older quickly retrieves his hands.

“Yuck! You’re sweating. Please, Yixing, refrain from touching me for a while!”

Luhan hurriedly digs his hand deep into his pocket for his hand-sanitizer. His number one best friend, just above Yixing.

Fact #7: LUHAN IS A CLEAN FREAK. HE HAS GERMOPHOBIA.

Yixing pouts at Luhan as he watches the older rub his hands with three drops of the sticky liquid.

“I’m just nervous,” Yixing tells Luhan.

The crease on Yixing’s forehead and the uneasiness written all over the younger’s face—Yixing looks like he’s about to cry—build up the guilt in Luhan’s heart. Not knowing what else he should do, he tells Yixing, “Okay. I’ll stay with you, but just this once, okay?”

Yixing nods but starts to shake visibly because Kris Wu stands like a tower in front of the two of them.

“Hi!” the giant greets the two of them in his usual y, husky voice.

But come on. Everyone knows who he’s really trying to look at.

But Kris Wu is still unfortunate.

The object of his affection could only fix his stare at his meal. Luhan sees Yixing balling and unballing his fists as he bites his lower lip. Luhan then turns to look at Kris.

Oh, Kris saw that all right.

Because Kris is also biting and and biting and his lips.

Yixing’s innocent gestures are turning Kris Wu on!

Luhan giggles at the wild idea.

“Sit down!” Luhan hisses at Kris, still not able to hide his wicked smile, and then, he moves closer to Yixing and whispers to him, “Don’t panic. I’m here.”

Yixing nods.

Kris pouts.

Luhan knows Kris is being jealous. But he doesn’t care. Being jealous is good. Healthy even.

 

*          *          *

 

That night, Luhan urges Yixing to grab a drink with him.

“I don’t drink,” Yixing says.

He just wants to stay in his room, be glued to his computer so he could stalk on Kris all night long, and to write songs for Kris. Luhan has heard only one song, but he’s betting that with Yixing’s talent he could have finished an entire album with twenty-one tracks in just one night.

“Who said anything about alcohol? We’re buying taro pearl milk tea.”

Luhan grabs the younger’s wrist and leads him out of his room. The younger wriggles out of Luhan’s grip but the older is even stronger so Yixing settles on a series of verbal protests but because Luhan is still not budging despite throwing him a puppy dog face, Yixing resolves to just keep quiet and ignore Luhan for the rest of the night.

Luhan treats Yixing. Yixing is a little bit happier, but of course his mind is far off into another universe.

Luhan sighs. “Just spit the words out. I’ll hear you out.”

Yixing glares at him, then responds as fast as he could, “I hate you, Luhan. I really, really hate you. You know, this is all your fault. Entirely yours. You’re the reason why I’m like this. I feel like I’m going crazy over that stupid guy. How could I have—He’s like a drug. An addiction I can’t get rid of. A temptation, a delicious temptation that I can’t resist. There’s this thing I feel I’ve never felt before. I feel…so when he’s around. You know what I mean?”

By the time Yixing finishes, he is quite running out of breath. When he turns to look at Luhan, the older purses his lips.

At least Luhan is trying to.

His eyes are shut tight and he keeps on changing his place. Standing one moment, the next he is sitting down again, and the next he’s crouched on the ground, his hand grasping the arm of the chair to keep himself steady. He runs a hand up and down his face and rakes his hair with those slender fingers of his. He shoots Yixing a questioning look.

“Can I laugh, Yixing ah…?”

Yixing an eyebrow. “Go ahead,” he replies coolly.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luhan bursts out laughing. Boisterously, thunderously, unstoppably.Yixing digs his face into his palms as he tries to hide himself from the stares the people around them are giving them. If only Luhan could behave more properly. Yixing feels so embarrassed to death right now.

I don’t know that guy. I don’t know a person like him.Please don't look at me.

How Luhan turns out to be laughing is way beyond his imagination.

He jumps.

He crouches.

He slaps the table and the chair.

He wraps his arm around his tummy.

He even kneels on the ground!

He could have even rolled on his back!

He could have performed a cartwheel!

And that chin. That moment, when his mandible would seem to dismantle itself from his skull.

All in a repetitive pattern.

Yixing shakes his head slightly and hisses at Luhan so people wouldn’t think that he’s talking to the lunatic, spastic boy in front of him, “Stop that!” Yixing then darts his eyes from left to right, so Luhan would get what he is trying to say next.

Of course, Luhan is smart.

He clears his throat and returns to being normal.

Except that he really can’t.

His shoulders begin to heave up and down again as he tries to stop himself from laughing out loud.

“I-I-I’m really sorry, Xingxing,” Luhan says with too much difficulty. “It’s just, you finally feel around Kris? Way to go. You just have to get into his pants the next time you see him.”

Yixing slaps Luhan’s arm, which makes the older scream playfully.

“During lunch…”

“Ah…I know. Xingxing, you should’ve seen the bulge in his pants.”

Then, Yixing blushes fervently.

“Yixing ah,” Luhan whispers seductively. “You should not have dirty thoughts.”

But then, Yixing lets out a soft moan. He’s having dirty thoughts all right. He’s being just by thinking about Kris. And he doesn’t know how long he can still last.

 

 

Project Yixing Day One?

SUCCESS!

 


 

***To be continued***