Day 4 - Snow

30 Day Drabble Challenge

Jongup really liked winter. He loved the smell, the nice crisp air, and snow. Boy did he love his snow.  He smiled as he watched it fall heavily outside, the white fluff coating the ground outside in soft, icy layers. It looked perfect to build snowmen in or maybe have a snow ball fight. 

 

"Himchan hyung, go outside and play with me?" The elder looked up at the sound of Jongup's voice, a sigh escaping his lips before he could stop it. He hated winter. The coldness, the lifelessness of everything, and most of all, he hated the snow. It was always so cold and wet. He really wanted to say no to Jongup but the other, obviously because of the sigh, spoke up before he had a chance to respond. "Haha, I was just joking, hyung. I know you hate the snow. It's okay, really!" The look in the youngers eyes, even though he was smiling, showed disappointment and... was that sadness? Himchan wasn't sure to be honest but once again, before he had the chance to open his mouth, another voice cut in.

 

"I'll go with you, Guppie! I love being out in the snow." Youngae, already dressed in his heavy outer wear, smiled his biggest at Jongup, bringing his hand up to ruffle the others hair. With an excited 'yes' Jongup dashed into his room to get ready for the cold weather outside, leaving Himchan and Youngjae alone. Usually they got along pretty well but for some reason, things seemed tense, causing both boys to frown. "Sure you don't want to join us, hyung?" Himchan forced himself to smile, "No... I'll stay here." the other just nodded, his frown turning to a smile once more when he saw Jongup bounding into the room. "We'll be back soon, Himchan hyung! Bye!" and with that, the dorm was quiet again.

 

Himchan tried his best to busy himself with other things... reading, tv, computer... but after about 15 minutes,  he made his way to the window, his eyes immediately going to Jongup. He was chasing Youngjae with a handful of snow, laughing at the other when he tripped over his own feet. This caused a chain reaction and Jongup fell when he stopped to help Youngjae up. The older of the two rolled Jongup underneath him, his face entirely too close. Himchan felt jealousy bubble in his stomach. It was ugly and made him feel sick. He turned away before he could see more, making his way to the sofa again, throwing himself down upon it.

 

Himchan decided at that moment he really did hate winter and especially the snow.