Difficult to go back...

Working Hard For Your Love

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I smiled as I broke the kiss, “Alrighty, now I have to go. Bye.”

“See ya.”

I turned around and hugged my books tightly as walked towards the direction of my next lecture. I chuckled to myself as I thought about Ji Yong. To be honest, I do kind of like the romantic things, a girl would be lying if she said she didn’t. It feels so good to have Ji Yong around despite the fact that I did find him annoying since high school.

I felt Ji Yong grab my hand and he was breathing really loudly, aish, seriously I’m just going to class and he’s like this.

“Ji Yong, go back to-”

My eyes widened as I saw Myung Soo standing in front of me.

“Jenny, I need to talk. It’s been seven mon-”

I jerked my hand away from Myung Soo’s hand, “Really? Did you need to talk when your mother rejected me and made a fool out of me seven months ago?”

The nerve of this guy, how dare he goes and talk to me. Aish, why am I getting all emotional?

Myung Soo put his head down before grabbing my hand again.

“Let me go.” I glared at him.

“Jenny please, I need your hel-”

“I don’t want to hear it. Leave me alone!”

My hands felt numb and I started to feel scared. I’ve never seen this side of Myung Soo, even at his angriest; I’ve never seen him this scary.

I walked away hoping that Myung Soo would leave me alone but knowing him, I know he wouldn’t so I picked up the pace.

Myung Soo grabbed my hand and pushed me towards the wall and trapped me with his arms. I looked into his eyes and they looked so blank and yet they were tearing up. My eyes turned looked to the left as I tried to avoid Myung Soo’s eyes staring at me.

“I just want to talk, why won’t you let me?”

“It’s-it’s not about me letting you talk but you not letting yourself talk in the first place,” I found the courage to look at Myung Soo in the eyes.

“Where was this need to talk when your mum said that she didn’t want us to get married? Where was it, huh? Where was it? Where it when I needed you?!” I raised my voice.

“I DON’T KNOW!” I flinched as I Myung Soo raised his voice and hit his hand against the wall, “HOW COULD I, AT THE TIME CHOOSE BETWEEN MY MOTHER AND MY GIRLFRIEND?! HUH?! HOW COULD I?!”

What Myung Soo was doing was really scaring me, my lips began to tremble as tears welled up in my eyes. How dare he say he had to choose between me and his mum, it’s not like I did anything wrong. How could he say that?

“What?! Did your girlfriend do something wrong?!” I stared at Myung Soo. “Was she a bad person?!”

A tear ran down my cheek as I continued staring at Myung Soo. Myung Soo let out a sigh as he put his head down.

I pushed Myung Soo’s arm away, “Let’s stop this, okay? I don’t think that it’s good if you keep doing this to yourself. Let me go.”

“Look, I need your help with some family matters. You’re the only person I know that has experience in law. Please help me.”

I pursed my lips together. It would be a stupid move for me if I were to help him… It would definitely give him ideas. I can’t just reject him because that would be mean and what if he’s in a lot of trouble… it is law-related.

“I don’t know, I’ll ask Ji Yong about it.”

“Ji Yong-sshi? You’ll ask him? It has nothing to do with him.”

“If it’s related to me then it has everything to do with him and vice versa. If you want the help, I suggest you just back off.”

I used my shoulder to push him away before quickly walking off to class. Myung Soo ah, if you continue to be like this, it’ll really become difficult for us to be friends…

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

You let out a sigh as you fidgeted with your pen.

“Jenny-sshi, are you okay?” your friend asked you.

You looked up and smiled, “Neh, I’m okay.”

“I heard that Myung Soo-sshi is in some financial problems.”

“What?” you asked in a shocked tone.

Your friend looked around before turning back to you, “Look, I hear that his mum invested in some strange company and now they’ve pretty much lost close to everything.”

“What are you on about?”

“Isn’t that why Myung Soo has been going around and asking you? I thought you knew and that’s why you’ve been avoiding him.”

“No… I didn’t know…” You pursed your lips together as your eyes moved around with a concerned look on your face.

“Oh! I’m so sorry then… Jenny-sshi, I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay,” you smiled before looking down at your notes.