GNC

Working Hard For Your Love

 

You walked out of class and saw Ji Yong smiling, wide eye at you as his chest moved up and down to show that he was panting. You chuckled to yourself as you walked towards Ji Yong.

“I don’t even have to make a guess and I already know that you ran ALL the way from my class to your class.”

“Well, I’m sorry for wanting to make sure you were safe.”

You scoffed, “What? So are you my body guard now?”

“You should just call me Superman since I’m much more than that.”

You let out a laugh of disbelief, “Whoa, the confidence in you… is just… wow.”

Ji Yong smiled as he took your books and held your hand, “Come on, let’s go. The others are waiting for us.”

You hesitated and Ji Yong looked at you, “What’s wrong?”

“Well… Myung Soo came up to me and said that he needed my help.”

“He needed your help?”

You nodded your head, “Well, he has some financial problems and he’s asking me for help. I don’t know what it is exactly but I’m not really sure.”

“Help him then,” Ji Yong said without hesitation.

“For real?”

Ji Yong nodded his head, “Well, I wouldn’t want you to have bad karma because of me.”

“You seriously okay with this?”

“I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t but you chose me over him so I’m not concerned but if you do get mixed emotions, you have to tell me so I can step up my game.”

“Game?” you asked in surprised tone, “You have game?”

Ji Yong narrowed his eyes before pinching your nose, “Enough to get you.”

You let out a laugh of disbelief, “Yeah, yeah. I know.”

“Well, to be honest, Myung Soo asked me before when I left my lecture room.”

You whacked Ji Yong’s arm, “You made me have a hard time for nothing?”

“Oh come on, seeing you bite your bottom lip when you’re worried it cute and your frown is adorable.”

You frowned but then you shook your head, “Would you still think it’s adorable if I had wrinkles on my forehead?”

“I would buy you some cream before it was going to happen.”

“Psh, knowing you, you would drop me like a hot potato.”

“What? But if I do, who would want an old wrinkly, senile man? Anyways what are you using to jump to these conclusions?”

“High school.”

“Whoa…”

“What? You would show off a girl to me and when I ignore you for a while because you’re always in my face about it, you and that girl have broken up during that duration of the time and over ridiculous reasons.”

Ji Yong rubbed his chin and nodded his head and raised an eyebrow, “Okay, well then let me ask you something. Usually when you want to make someone jealous, what do you do?”

“I would show them what I had and – oh!” your eyes widened as you understand where Ji Yong was going, “Oh, so you that’s why you were… oh…”

Ji Yong smiled, “But you remembered me bringing those girls… which meant you paid attention to me during high school.”

“Of course I did,” you said with a straight face.

“Wah! A woman with no shame at all, admitting to that without hesitation.”

“Well, let me ask you something. When you’re playing whack-a-mole, what do you have to do?”

Ji Yong glared at you before pouting and walking off.

You stomped your foot and let out a grunt before following after Ji Yong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

—————Phone call————-

You: Yeobseyo? Who is it?
Myung Soo: Oh, it’s Myung Soo. It’s good to see you still kept your number.
You: And you still kept me on your contact list…
Myung Soo: *awkward laughter* Well… I was wondering when we would meet up to talk.
You: We could just talk over the phone; so what’s the law-related problem that you need my help with?
Myung Soo: My mum listened to Lizzy and invested in some stocks and it went downhill and now we’re having money problems and I think-
You: You think Lizzy has something to do with it?
Myung Soo: Neh… *clears throat* she was acting really strange and I suspected something was up.
You: Well, can you give me the name of the company?
Myung Soo: It’s called GN Company. 
You: Do you know what it sells? Or what it does?
Myung Soo: No… I was just too preoccupied with trying to sell it.
You: *sighs*Well do you have any idea of where its headquarters is? 
Myung Soo: Umm… I think I heard from my mum… that it was in Itaewon. That’s about it. Sorry…
You: Alright, I’ll go and do some investigating of my own.
Myung Soo: *hesitation* thanks Jenny, for doing this… after everything that has happened.
You: Forget it. It’s because I like helping people, I would have even helped my enemy if I knew that my deed was a good one. 
Myung Soo: Um… thanks anyways.
You: I haven’t done anything yet. Thank me when I do something later. Bye.

—————-End of phone call————-