---

The price of Beauty

 

 

 

 

The bond between the demon and the girl was strong. Kai let all his senses  guide him to Hye Min, to save her once again…

 

She looked so helpless, lying on the couch with both her hands raised above her head. The guy she trusted for such a short time betrayed her, he after all wanted her body and nothing more. Just a simple one-night-stand that he’ll probably forget but the girl he forced to be with him will never forget. His hands were touching her everywhere, no matter her cries he wouldn’t let her escape. Hot tears were sliding down her face, why would someone like him do that to her? She had to be happy, why was she now in that situation … about to be . She called out for Kai, wishing that he could save her.

 

The air shifted in the room, hot … everything was hot, like she was in hell. Hye Min closed her eyes, she wanted Kai to save her because she knew that she was about to get . But the moment she felt those strong arms embracing her body, she knew that she was safe, right now when she was in Kai’s embrace. It was strange how someone could feel safe in a demon’s embrace, but for Hye Min the boy was the only person that could protect her, the only person that knew her from the start, the only person that she needed at the moment.

 

Once her eyes slightly opened, she noticed that she was in her room, but not the room she wished for, she was in her old little apartment where she felt safe. Kai was still holding her in his strong arms. Hye Min shifted lightly, the tears still sliding down her cheeks as she remembered the scene a few minutes ago.

“ Shhhh, don’t cry, Hye Min. Everything is over now “ Kai gently her hair. He knew that something would happen sooner or later, something that would harm the girl.

 

“ Why ? Why am I so unlucky? “ Hye Min cried out, she tugged her body closer to Kai’s. Her heart was bleeding once again, she was cursed to be unhappy. Why was she the only one being unhappy? Why the people being mean to her are still happy? … Her heart now was filled with anger, she wanted others to be unhappy as much as she was now. But she was not that type of girl, although she had changed, her real self was still there, reminding her of who she was before.

 

Beauty and fame ? Why she needed that when the words: ‘ I love you ‘ had no value anymore. People  she doesn’t know, saying how much they love her, because she was beautiful, because she was famous. She thought that everything she wished for till now was going to help her be a better person, to fit in this world. But now she realized that all she ever wanted was a person who she could trust with all her heart. A person that will love her heart and not her appearance.

 

“  Kai, I want to see my mother, just for a second. I want to hear her voice … please “ the girl begged desperately. She wanted to see her mother again, to snuggle in her embrace, to feel loved.

“  If I grand this, you’ll lose all your wishes leaving you with one “ Kai explained. To wish for a dead person to be brought back to life or simply calling their spirit was not allowed that easily. Hye Min would be left with only one wish before Kai could take her soul to hell.

“  I don’t care Kai, I just want to see my mother again. You’ll be happy if I give you my soul faster, so what’s your problem? “ Hye Min yelled. She pushed the boy away from her. Kai stood there without saying a word. The girl cried helplessly on her bed, all she ever wanted was to be loved. The boy bitterly smiled and vanished from the room, leaving a thin trail of black smoke.  A wish was a wish and he had to obey. Happy ? He was not happy at all …

 

Hye Min stood alone in the small apartment, everything was dark. She was alone once again, even Kai who she met a few days ago was gone. Loneliness … sadness …

“  Hye Min-ah, my little angel “ a tender voice called her name. She rose from the bed recognizing the voice of her beloved mother. The tears from her eyes blinded her vision, her mother was standing in front of her.  Hye Min rushed up to hug her mother, to tell her how much she missed her. The woman smiled widely embracing her daughter. It was like a dream, a dream that Hye Min never wanted to end.

“ I missed you so much ,mom “ the girl cried tugging into her mother’s embrace. She felt that warm feeling again, the feeling that her mother gave her every time, the reason of her existence.  The woman gently kissed her daughter’s forehead, ensuring her that everything was fine.

“  Don’t cry my little angel, I know that you’re a strong girl and will be happy one day with the one your heart desires “  her mother lovingly said. Hye Min misses her voice, her gentle touch… she missed her mother a lot. The woman slowly escorted the girl to her bed, both of them lied down just like when Hye Min was little. Her mother embraced her once again and the girl closed her eyes  as she was falling asleep.

 

~~~

 

The morning Hye Min woke up in her new apartment, in that luxurious room. There was no sign of her mother and she felt alone. She brought up a pillow to herself and squeezed it tightly to her body. The door lightly opened and that same woman entered the room. She smiled at Hye Min placing the breakfast on the little table.

“ Good morning, Mrs. Lee “ she said before leaving the room. Fake … her smile, everything about that woman was fake. Probably because she was sick working like a maid for some rich girl. Hye Min stood in her bed, thinking about a lot of things. She saw her mother last night, but this made her realize what a useless life she was living. She was not happy at all, the people loved her but not her true self. Some fake love that she never needed. Then why did she made that contract? Why did she wanted to be noticed by those fake people? In this useless world where all that’s needed is beauty?

 

Happiness ? No one could buy you happiness, if you have no one to share it with. Her heart was aching in pain, she was lonely …

Hye Min rose from her bed, making her way to the window where Kai was always waiting for her. He was now gone, probably waiting for her next wish so he could take her soul and be free again. She looked out just to find a bunch of teenagers surrounding the building, screaming her name. Fake… everything was fake. She stood next to the window, waiting for Kai. Without noticing, the girl got attached to the boy, to the person that knew her from the start.

 

The boy appeared before her eyes, he looked up at the girl and smiled lightly. He knew that she would wish for something before he takes away her soul, tonight was the last night for the girl.

“ You know that today I’ll make my final wish, right ? “  Hye Min asked the boy. Kai just nodded awaiting for her final wish. The girl turned around to take one final glance at the town. She’ll soon leave this place and no one will remember her, she would be one of the many people that would die.

 

“ I wish to be happy just once with my whole heart. I want to feel loved “ Hye Min smiled weakly turning around “ I want to be with the person that my heart desires. That would be my final wish “

Kai slowly moved to the girl embracing her smaller body. For the first time Hye Min wished something with the bottom of her heart.

“ It was no use to wish of that Hye Min, but either way I’ll fulfill that wish “  Kai leaned down and captured the girl’s lips in his own.  The person that her heart desired was him, the person that Hye Min chose to give her heart was the person that would take her soul away. The boy ended the kiss, looking at the girl’s face. She was crying but the smile on her face showed him that she too wanted his touch.

 

“ Make me happy, Kai “ she lovingly said to the boy, caressing his soft cheek. Hye Min had fallen in love with Kai the first time she saw him.

“ I want you to know that I had fallen in love with you long ago, Hye Min “  Kai whispered gently to the girl. She knew as well that Kai was not kissing her because she wished to be happy, but because he wanted to.

“ I know, Kai “ Hye Min tiptoed just to kiss his plump lips again. He lifted the girl and carried her to the bed, gently placing her on the sheets while kissing her again and again. Her hands traveled all over his back as he kissed her softly, lovingly. 

 

That night many people wondered why the moon disappeared so suddenly, why the stars were gone. But little did they know that one girl received the love she longed for her whole life. The night where Hye Min became one with the mysterious boy named Kai. That night their bodies merged in one, Kai’s gentle touch made her wonder if all the happiness she felt was a dream. If the boy was a dream after all, a beautiful dream that she would be glad to stay in all her life.

“ Hye Min “ Kai whispered her name many times. He panted lightly, gently holding the girl’s body against his own, not letting her go.

“ Thank you Kai, thank you for everything “  she smiled kissing his lips. She was happy, and if she could be with Kai when she dies it would be Heaven wherever she went with him. Because he was her personal Heaven even if they were in Hell.

 

~~~

 

The morning soon came. All the people were walking along the streets, enjoying the beautiful weather.  A woman passed by a shop selling TV’s, she stopped to see the news that the big screens were showing.

 

‘ This morning the famous model  Lee Hye Min was found dead in her apartment. She had a heart attack during her sleep, the doctors state that her heart was too weak and she probably died in peace as they found her with a smile on her face. May the young girl rest in peace. ‘

 

At the funeral a few people went to say their last goodbye. They were people that Hye Min hardly talked to, but they still went to send her away.

Kai was standing far away from all those people. He smiled lightly remembering the night he took her soul and heart away.  A figure stood right next to him, watching the funeral as well.

“ Are you ready to go, Hye Min ? “ Kai asked the girl. He reached out and grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers together.

“ Ready “ she smiled at him before they disappeared from the human world. A whole new future was awaiting the girl, now that she was bounded to Kai forever... 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

So this is the final chapter ^^ ~

Hope you all like my short story and of course I’ll make more short stories in the future ~

comment and subscribe :))