---

The price of Beauty

 

 

 

 

The day was fast replaced by the night. At a small apartment in Seoul, a young girl was marveling at her new appearance. It was a miracle how she changed just for one night. Her life was taking a whole new road. But was that the road leading to her happiness ?  She was just a little girl, little girl that wanted to be part of something big, a girl that wanted to be loved.

Hye Min danced along her little apartment, the temporary happiness that the boy gave her was all she needed, at least she thought of that. Bur her heart wanted more, not only beauty … she wanted more, she wanted the world to notice her…

 

“ Kai ? Are you here? “ she called out. She needed him, he was the only one that made her happy. Hye Min felt that little shifting in the air. He was here…

“ I’m here Hye Min “ his voice made the girl jump a little. It was hard getting used to his sudden appearance. His eyes were focused on the girl, he knew that she had another wish.

“  Kai, I want to be a model “ Hye Min firmly said. She knew exactly what she wanted. She wasn’t the same unlucky and shy girl anymore. She was now strong, just because Kai was beside her. He was an angel in her eyes, the angel that came to save her…

“  A model ? “ the boy questioned. He raised his eyebrow while his lips formed a small smile.

“ You know,  cameras … clothes … “ Hye Min smiled going toward the boy. She looked at his perfect face “ …being the main attraction “ she added. The boy just nodded, another wish was used.

 

~~~

 

The next morning someone rang on the doorbell, Hye Min rose from the bed sleepily making her way to the door. In front of her stood a middle aged man, his fashioned clothes looking expensive. The girl just wondered why this guy was in front of her door.

“ Why are you standing like that? Get ready we’re late for the photo session “  he scolded the girl. Although she had no idea what was going on, she quickly dressed and went out with the guy. In front of the small building was parked a big black limousine. The guy opened the door for Hye Min and both of them went in. ‘Was all because of Kai ? ‘  she thought on the way.

 

The moment the limousine stopped in front of a big building, Hye Min was greeted by a group of women. They greeted her and escorted her to a studio in the building. Immediately they gave her fancy dresses that she could change in. After doing her make-up, a handsome photographer told her to stand at the white background and act naturally. Hye Min nodded lightly and did what she was told. When she was little, she always imagined posing for some magazine. She knew back then that she would never become a model, until she met Kai who made her wish come true.

 

After a few shots from the camera, Hye Min got used to the flashlight. She wanted her mother to be by her side right now, to see how her daughter became what she always wanted to be …

After one tiring day at her new work, Hye Min got changed and before she could head home, the middle aged man called her. He turned to be Hye Min’s manager. He introduced the girl to the new photographer.

“ I’m Kim Daejun “ he smiled at the girl. She blushed lightly and just nodded.

 

At her apartment, Kai was sitting in the living room. He was just sitting next to the window, looking at the lively city. It was night again, the perfect time for him, a creature from the underground. He enjoyed the darkness as much as he enjoyed Hye Min’s presence. He knew well where the girl was, after all they were bound together. He felt whenever she was happy, or sad…  like they are one being.  She was happy … excited … Those feelings were somehow unfamiliar to him. But one thing was for sure, he was glad that the girl could smile once again.

His gaze followed the people that were walking down the street. Hye Min was not the little girl he knew. Although Kai came into her world few days ago, he had known her much longer. The girl that was thrown away by the society.  The little girl that he wanted to save …

 

 

The front door cracked a little. Hye Min entered her little apartment and saw Kai just sitting there. Would it be nice if she thanked him? After all, he was going to take her soul after her last wish. But that mysterious boy made her happy, she was happy for the first time. She placed her coat on the couch, she now realized that the little apartment was not enough. If she wanted to start a whole new life, she had to let go of the past …

“ Were you waiting for me ? “ she asked the boy.

“ Yeah “ he simply answered. His gaze fell on the girl, before he slowly lifted himself from his seat and headed toward her  “ I see you have another request from me, am I right ? “

“ Y…yeah “ Hye Min whispered  timidly. She swallowed hard, looking at the boy in front of her “ I want to be famous, I want to be rich …. “ and another wish was made that night. A wish that was completely going to change the average life of an average girl named Hye Min.

 

~~~

 

The morning Hye Min woke up in a whole new bed, in a whole new room. She rushed out of bed and looked amazed at the view before her eyes. A light knock caught her attention and she went to the door. A woman was smiling brightly at the girl, holding a tray in her hands.

“ Good morning Mrs. Lee, are you going to eat your breakfast in bed or you’ll eat in the dining room?” the woman asked the confused girl.

“ I think I’ll eat breakfast in bed “ the woman nodded and placed the tray with her breakfast on the little table in the room  and left the girl alone. Hye Min eyed the tray and smiled a little. She took a seat on the white couch. Her eyes landed on the magazine that was placed on the table, her eyes widened at the picture of herself right on the front page. Her hands grabbed the magazine in amazement.

 

‘ The famous Lee Hye Min is the new face of Etude House. The new beauty line that our young princess is presenting are the most wanted skincare and make-up products right now in the marketing .’

 

“ How you like the magazine, Hye Min ? “ Kai appeared sitting right next to the girl on the couch. She smiled looking at the magazine again, they called her princess …

“ It really surprised me “ Hye Min chuckled at the boy. She took the cup of tea and brought it to her lips. She was indeed happy thanks to Kai, the boy who helped her. She looked up at the boy and smiled at him. Hye Min enjoyed his company, that warm feeling he gave her although he was a creature from hell.

“ I’ll come tonight “ he said before disappearing from the room. Hye Min sighed lightly, he could have at least stayed a little longer.

 

~~~

 

Famous, loved by everyone… Hye Min was the new face of perfection, something that she never thought she could be. In front of her new home a bunch of boys and girls were waiting for her. Screaming out her name, reaching out papers so she could sign them. They complimented her appearance, saying how much they loved her. But how could they say that they love someone just because they are pretty on the outside? She just nodded and entered the car that was waiting for her.

 

Another photo session followed the girl. She was now the star of Etude House, one of the best brand in the marketing.  Daejun, the photographer that she met yesterday was in charge once again. He was indeed a person that could make you laugh. Hye Min thought that if she had a person like him by her side it would be great, someone that could love her heart and not her face.

The night came again, Hye Min rushed to go home knowing that Kai would be there, standing next to the window and waiting for her arrival.

“ Hye Min-ah “ Daejun called after the girl “ Would you like to have a drink with me ? “

It was the first time someone ever asked her out. She was so happy that her mind was not thinking straight. Hye Min followed the guy to his car, completely trusting him.

 

~~~

 

Kai stood in the new apartment, he waiting for the girl to come home. He watched once again the people walking along the streets. It was a night like any other in the human world, a simple moonless night. It was the same when he met Hye Min, it was definitely a sign that something was coming up.

Kai suddenly felt strange, he got up from his seat looking around the room. He could clearly hear a voice calling him… her voice.

“ Kai, please save me “ he captured Hye Min’s voice again. She wished for his help … Without even thinking he vanished from the room to fulfill Hye Min’s wish, to save her … 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took me awhile to update sorry for that >.<

I was busy with homework and exams … a real pain in the

Thanks to Melody for the awesome movie-like poster ^^ ~

Comment and subscribe :))