---

The price of Beauty

 

 

 

 

Beauty. Perfection. Glamour. Is this what the world needs? Apparently, in this world only that matters. If you’re not pretty there’s no place for you. Maybe the appearance is not that important, but if the whole world believes in that lie, what could you do? Simply you would like to enter that world, because being alone is not always that blissful as someone would think.

 

“  Lee Hye Min, you’re late for work.” a middle aged guy yelled out loud at the girl that just entered the office. Hye Min was one of those people that were abandoned from the society. She was a shy girl, her appearance was not that good as well. Her clothes were not made from some well-known designers. She wasn’t ugly, no she was just average.

“ I’m terribly sorry Mr. Park, today was my mother’s funeral … “ the girl tried to explain. She wasn’t in the mood to be nagged  after all her mother died. The person that loved her so much had just left her side, leaving Hye Min alone in this worthless world.

 

“ I don’t care ! I want my employees to follow the rules ! Next time you’re late for work I’ll fire you ! “ the man yelled yet again. He tossed some papers on her desk “ I want you to finish those papers in an hour “ he firmly looked at the trembling girl. Hye Min nodded lightly taking a seat on her desk. She wondered how her life became like that?  Why was she so unlucky?

“ I’m sorry Mr. Park “  Hye Min heard the voice of another girl. She was wearing a plain dress that was so short that hardly could hide her undergarments. Not to mention that her s were half showing, the typical image. She was chewing a gum, while sinfully looking at her boss.

“ It’s fine sweetie, I’m sure you have your reasons “ Mr. Park smiled at the girl. He his lips like a hungry predator that was ready to attack his prey  “ Come in my office, we’ll figure out something “

 

Hye Min knew what was coming up next. She felt bad for her boss’s wife and his son. If she knew that her husband was cheating on her with some every time, she’ll sure be upset. His wife was a calm and gentle lady and that’s the way her husband pays her off for the years she had spent looking after him and their child. Was the same fate following Hye Min behind?

 

She wanted to cry, because she deserved to be happy, because her mother left her side, because she wanted to be loved … she wanted a place where she belonged. But she was tired, tired of crying. She prayed for her soul as she wished many times those people to die, disappear from her sight. But what was God ? Some illusion made up by the church, just because people needed to believe in something ? But if he was real, why was he so cruel to her, a girl that did nothing wrong to others. Why was he so benevolent to those who were cruel to others ? If patience is the key to happiness, when her happiness will come ? How many years would she stay like that, forever waiting for her happiness…

 

~~~

 

Another long and tiring day passed by. The night was darker than original. The moon was gone, a moonless night…

Hye Min looked up the sky and wondered if this was a sign that something was coming. The night was cold, but that wasn’t something to trouble the girl. Coldness … darkness … the same every day. Now that her mother was gone, the warmth in the girl’s heart faded away. Hope ? … Hope for what? All her dreams, everything was gone. She was a body, just a useless bag of flesh and bones. Hye Min, the girl who no one needed in his life.

 

She went down the alley that leaded to her little apartment. She passed by the shop she visited every day, the shop she went to buy her mother’s favorite cupcakes that she loved so much. Hye Min lightly smiled, she knew that she’ll never buy cupcakes again, just because they would bring only memories of how someone once loved her.  She was still young, one year ago she graduated from college, but her life was not as she expected …

 

Hye Min entered the little building, heading to her apartment. She thought how cold and dark it would be without her mother waiting for her daughter to return. If she had a chance to never return in that apartment, she would gladly accept. But where would she go? To another place where others will step on her already weak heart, just to satisfy their need to be above others.

 

A figure, a man … a boy. A boy was simply sitting next to her door. If it was another girl probably she would run down the hall and out of the building, or call the police to arrest that probably high or drunk boy. But for Hye Min she had nothing to lose, her life? She would be grateful if the boy took her life away, because she had nothing to live for. Probably the boy was just like her, a person that no one cared about.

Her heart was beating fast, but her feet went closer to the sitting boy. He was unconscious, or simply sleeping in front of her door. Perfection … the word that could describe the strange visitor. Hye Min could honestly say that the boy was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen in her life. His perfect skin, his black hair.

 

“ H…hey, are you okay ? “ Hye Min’s voice shivered, her hand reached out to touch the boy’s shoulder before she lightly nudged his body. He let out a little groan and she just fell to the ground, surprised by his sudden movement. His eyes now were looking at the girl. His eyes were beautiful… mysterious…

“ Hye Min ? “ his tender voice called out her name. He knew who she was and maybe he came to kill her? Maybe her wish to leave this world and join her mother would be finally fulfilled.

The boy stretched his hands above his head, yawning sleepily. His gaze once again landed on the girl that was shivering from fear.

 

“ Who are you ? “ she choked on her own words, while trying to calm her heart. Who was that beautiful stranger that came to her door? What did he wanted from her?

“ I’m Kai, don’t be afraid, Hye Min. I’m here to save you “ a smirk appeared on the boy’s face. He reached out his hand to help the girl stand up from the ground. Hye Min hesitated if to take his hand or not, her body was still shivering. She looked up to see the boy once again “ Let me save you…“ he whispered with a gentle voice.

Something in the boy gave Hye Min that little strength that she needed, she timidly placed her hand into his own. He lifted the girl from the ground and smirked once again, satisfied that she accepted his offer “ Good girl “ he said before both of them disappeared from the little hall, leaving a thick black smoke …

 

Kai…What is he? … 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The first chapter is up ^^

Hope it was good enough, and thanks to those who subscribed and even commented on the story.

It would be a short story sorry for that, but hope it would be good enough ~

The second chapter will come pretty soon ~