---

The price of Beauty

 

 

 

 

Cold breeze brushed Hye Min’s hair. She was tightly holding Kai’s shirt. Her brain was blank, all she could think was of a reasonable explanation. She was in front of her door few seconds ago with that weird boy, and now both of them were standing on top of the Tower Palace where all the glory of Seoul could be seen. Hye Min wasn’t afraid of heights, but standing on the roof of one of the biggest buildings in Seoul was a different story.

 

“ H…how ? Who… ? What are you ? “ she questioned, but somehow she was afraid to find the answer. She knew that that Kai guy was not an ordinary human, then what was he ? Was she out of her mind? A dream or a nightmare was Kai? … So many questioned haunted her head, but not a single answer came up.

“ If I told you that I was a demon that came to save you, you would probably think I’m insane “ Kai spoke, holding firmly the girl’s waist. He could tell that she was scared, it was in the human nature, being afraid of the unknown. Hye Min slowly calculated the situation she was in, she was sure that all of this was not a dream. The cold wind made her body shiver, or it was the boy that was holding her body from collapsing.

 

“ D…demon ? How come ? “

 “ In this world there are a lot of things that seem like a dream, Hye Min. But not being able to see something  doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist, right ? “ Kai leaned closer to the girl. His dark eyes looked at her own, trying to see the soul in her body. It was sad indeed, her soul was crying, yelling to be saved.

 

He raised his hand and gently brushed her hair, like they knew each other for centuries. Hye Min’s eyes widened at the sudden touch. Maybe it was because Kai was a creature from hell, but she felt a little warmth in her chest. His strong hands pulled her smaller body to his own. Enveloping her as if protecting her from something. Her head rested on his chest, but there wasn’t a sound … the rhythm of his heart… it was like his heart was deeply sleeping or he had no heart at all.

The wind was strongly piercing through Hye Min’s body. She closed her eyes and felt that same feeling like the first time the boy teleported on the tower. That strange feeling like traveling through time and space, like dying and being reborn again.

 

Once her eyes slowly revealed her own living room, she breathed heavily stepping backward from Kai. Her body was still shivering from fear. Kai was a demon, he was a mythical creature … but if he was coming from hell, does that mean that God rejected her from his Heaven? Is Kai here to take her away, is she really going to face death ?

 

“ Why did you came, Kai ? You said that you can save me? Save me from what ? “ the girl whispered. Her voice was shaking, she was tired … tired of everything that surrounded her. To save her, could someone really do that ?

“ That’s correct Hye Min. I came here to save you “ the boy blankly replied. He took a seat on the couch, his gaze was on the girl “ I know everything about you. I know that your mother died not long ago, that you want to be part of the society, that you want people to notice you … that you want to show the world that you’re better than all of them. I know it all, Hye Min… Your soul is desperately crying for help “

 

“ Please stop “ Hye Min lightly cried. Hot tears fell from her eyes remembering all of this.

“ Lonely … hurt … “ Kai continued, not taking his eyes off of the girl “ …betrayed … unwanted …”

“  LEAVE ME ALONE ! “  the girl cried, her body collapsed on the floor. The words were stabbing her heart  mercifully. Her tears blinded her vision, she saw how Kai smiled all pleased with her cries. He got up from the couch and kneeled down.

 

“ I can give you everything your heart desires. Beauty, power …. “ he said leaning closer to Hye Min’s face “ Say it all and I can make you the happiest person on earth “

Hye Min wiped the tears from her cheeks. Why was she so weak? She wanted to be pretty, for people to notice her, to be desired.

“ What’s the price ? “ she firmly questioned. The boy smirked lightly as his hand reached out and her hair.

 

“ You’re a smart girl, Hye Min” Kai replied getting up. He helped the girl to stand up, like he did the first time they saw each other “ 10 wishes. You have 10 wishes. You can wish for anything. The price is your life and soul. When you use your last wish, I’ll take your soul “

 

Hye Min wondered a little. The price is big, but she thought about how unlucky she was. How she wanted to be loved, how she wanted to be happy even if that means selling her soul to the demon. God? Where was he when she needed him so desperately. Where was he when she was all alone?

“ I accept the deal “ once she said that, the boy took her hand and trailed his index finger along her palm.  A numb pain made her look at her hand. The thin red scratch was more than enough to let the red liquid slide down her pale skin. Kai lifted her hand and his tongue trailed the little scratch. Hye Min stood there, watching how the scratch that the boy made was already gone, like it never existed.

 

“ Now we’re bound together “ he smiled at the girl. He his lips seductively. The girl sure had a nice blood, too bad he dirtied her heart and mind offering her  happiness in a short amount of time.

“  Make me pretty, Kai. This is my first wish “  the boy leaned closer to the girl and trailed his hand along the curves of her face. He thought that she was pretty like that, without his help, but if that was her wish he should obey. 

“ As you wish, Hye Min “ Kai spoke just before she collapsed in his arms. He lifted the girl from the ground, carrying her to her bed. He stood in front of the bed for awhile, staring at her peaceful face “ You were pretty without my help … “ he whispered before vanishing from this world.

 

~~~

 

The morning came fast. For a lot of people it was just another morning from their lives, but for a girl it was the start of her new life or the start of her end. The sun lightly caressed Hye Min’s face. Her eyes lightly opened and she stood up from the bed. She wondered if yesterday night she was dreaming, if Kai was a dream. Her gaze landed on the mirror that was placed right in front of her.

“ Is…that me ? “ she whispered, looking at the girl in the mirror. Hye Min got up from the bed and slowly made her way to the mirror. Her eyes were still wandering around the reflection of the beautiful girl that was standing in front of her. Is that the reflection of herself, or was she still dreaming?

 

Her fingers trailed the curves of her face, her lips were perfect, her eyes were beautiful, her skin was soft. Beautiful, she was beautiful. She rushed to the drawer and took out a dress, the dress her mother bought her for her birthday. She never wore it, simply because she thought that a beautiful dress like that won’t match her average look. But now she was different.

 

She decided to walk out the steer to her work and not to take a taxi like every time. The people on the streets were looking at her. Some of them even complimented her look.  The dress was not that short, but was perfectly underlining her figure, the image of a fine and beautiful girl and not some .

Hey Min breathed heavily before entering the office. She was late and her boss was probably mad. She saw his back facing her.

“ Hye Min “ he yelled turning around. His mouth almost gaped seeing a whole new Hye Min standing in front of him.

 

“ I apologize for being late “ she confidently said, her gaze looked over at the girl or like she liked to call. Her eyes were wide open, like about to pop out from their orbs.

“ It’s fine Hye Min-ah, please take your seat “ her boss smiled widely, with that needy stare of his “ I’ll wait for you in my office “ he added going to his office. She knew well what he wanted and that just made her smile. She reached out and grabbed a paper from her desk, writing down something. Hye Min firmly stood up from her seat and went to the office. Her boss smiled seeing his new ‘toy ‘.

 

“ How’s your wife sir ? I’m sure that you’ll never see her again anyway “ she smirked. His smile faded away, replaced by fear. He swallowed hard looking at Hye Min.

“ W….what do you mean ? “

The girl smiled and tossed a little white envelope on his desk. He took the envelope in his hands and took a peek. The photos of him and his ‘‘ appeared before his eyes. His hands started to shake. He knew that it was over with his family, with his job.

 

“ Hope you don’t mind that I send the photos to your wife as well “ Hye Min chuckled lightly going to the door “ Have a nice day, sir “ she took her stuff from the desk. Work … who needs a boss like him anyway. She passed by the girl placing a little note on her desk. She suspiciously eyed Hye Min and took the note in her hands ‘ Good Luck ‘ was written down on it, making her wonder what she wanted to say with that.

 

At the exit of the company, Kai was standing there, waiting for Hye Min. The girl stupidly wished for her boss to be exposed in front of the president of the company and of course in front of his wife. She ruined the lives of that man and the girl with whom he cheated with. But also she saved a woman with a child from the lie they were living in. Hye Min used her second wish to save other people and at the same time destroy the lives of others, it was indeed worth it.

He saw how Hye Min went out of the building and he just disappeared leaving black smoke behind him… 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second chapter is up ^^

Hope you like the story so far ~

Comment and subscribe :))