Chapter 23: YG Family's test? SM Town's meeting?

First Love and It Hurts

 

Chapter 23


Previously at the 2NE1 dorm:

‘♪Ding Dong♪’

‘Huh? Bommie unnie, Dara unnie and Minji are all in here. Who is at the door?’ Chaerin thought.

When Chaerin opened the door, Jiyong came rushing in.

“Oppa! What are you doing in here?”

“CL-roo, who is at the door?” Bom asked and it was answered by Jiyong’s presence. Bom’s friendly unnie face turned to a fierce unnie mode.

“What do you think you are doing here?” Bom confronted.

“I need to talk to my Minji.” 

“You are in no position to talk to her. You’ve also hurt her. What makes you different to Taemin? At least Taemin knew he hurt her and he made amends but you intervened!” 

“Unnie, calm down.” 

“Chaerin, stay out of this!” Chaerin immediately shut up and became still.

‘This is the first time I saw Bommie unnie like this. I know that she is different when she’s mad but she goes to her room and never let us see this side of her. Jiyong oppa is going to be so dead.’

“Noona..”

“Don’t you Noona me, Kwon Jiyong. You are so out of my Christmas list.” Bom said then pouted.

Chaerin suddenly looks like she’s about to fall on the floor laughing but decided not to or else she will be killed by Bom. She knows that Bom has this side of her being scary when mad one second then be wacky the second and back again when you don’t answer her or reason with her enough. 

“Noona, I’ve decided to give that pretty boy a chance. He should prove it to me by passing the Five tests.”

“What?!?” Bom and Chaerin said.

“It’s the only way. Besides, Five Tests are made for you four remember? In that way, I’m going to be fair.”

“Jiyong, he’s just a kid. Let Minji experience first love without something like this.”

“I don’t want her to be secretly dating. If she will date, we should know. I’m telling you I haven’t approve of him and he has to prove not only to me but to the whole YG Family that he’s worthy. Even Yujin has her own test for him.”

“How would a baby test Taemin, oppa? That’s beyond ridiculous.” 

“This is his only chance. If she wants to date Minji, he has to pass or wait until the Five year no dating policy is over.” Jiyong said and he went to Minji’s room. Bom was about to follow Jiyong when Chaerin stopped her.

“Unnie, just let oppa do this so that he can rest his mind about this. Let’s just help Taemin pass these five tests, okay?”

“Okay, you know what to do Chaerin. I’ll tell Dara. Taemin passed her test so she’s on our side now.” The two both smiled.

Minji’s Room:

Minji is asleep on her bed. Jiyong went to Minji’s side and her hair like a worried oppa/appa. Jiyong can see tear-stained face of Minji as he continues to her hair. 

“Taemin-oppa, please. Just please, stay away so that my oppas cannot hurt you.” Minji mumbled in her sleep and a tear came out of her eye.

“Minji-ah, I won’t hurt your Taemin. I won’t hurt you again. I’m sorry, Minji. I’m sorry for being a bad oppa. I’ll just test him, okay? I have to see what kind of man he really is, how did he stole your heart and hurt you. I have to see if he can fight for you, protect you and be there for you, always. Minji-ah, I promise if he passes, the two of you can be together and I’ll beat the crap of those people who’ll try to get in between the both of you. You know that you are the only person that I treat as my little sister as if we are blood-related and practically raised you during your trainee days up to now. So, I won’t back down easily who tries to steal my lil’ sis away from me.” Jiyong said while Minji’s hair and he kissed Minji’s forehead then he left Minji’s room.

Jiyong texted Taemin using Minji’s phone. ‘I know that you know I confiscated Minji’s phone. I want to meet you tomorrow at YG’s Fitness Room at 2 pm.-Jiyong.

He then opened his own phone. 'YG Family, someone's gonna take the five tests. Prepare yourselves. It will be SHINee's maknae, Taemin. He's going to take it for our maknae. Please don't tell hyung about this, it will be halted before it even started.' Jiyong sent it to the members of YG Family except the president. 

Present:

SHINee’s Dorm:

“Hyung, why are you in leader mode?” Jonghyun asked but was nudged by Kibum to shut up.

“You four! When are you going to tell us that Taemin is being like that? Are you going to carry the burden all by yourselves? What do you think us, hyungs would feel about that? I’m so frustrated to all of you!” Leeteuk said. 

“Did you know how we felt when we saw Taemin collapsed from dancing a while ago? We were shocked and to find out he’s suffering. What kind of hyungs are you? The four of you should guide him and protect him.” Eunhyuk reprimanded.

Suddenly, the door opened and,

“What is this I hear my Taemin confessing at Strong Heart? Who the heck is that girl? The four of you better confess or suffer the consequences.” Heechul said, then he noticed Leeteuk.

“HEE-NIM!” SHINee suddenly stood up.

“Jungsu? Hyukjae? What are you two doing here? Are you here also to demand who the girl is?”

“We are not here for that, we already know who that girl is Heechul, it’s 2NE1’s Minji and the four of you will you sit down, Heechul, you too.”

After Heechul sat down, SHINee sat down. “Minji? 2NE1’s maknae? I thought Taemin likes Sulli?” Heechul asked.

“Hee-nim, Taemin liked Sulli first but he fell for Minji.” Jonghyun answered.

“When did that happen? Am I missing something?

JinKi explained everything to Heechul, Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Luna what happened from the start up to now.

“What?!? Big Bang did what to my Taemin?!?” Heechul said.

Leeteuk is in deep thought, Eunhyuk is recovering from shock and Luna wasn’t even surprised.

“I kind of expected it to happen, no offense Hee-nim.” Luna said.

“Luna..” Heechul said with a dangerous voice.

“Hee-nim, hear me out. If you put yourself in Jiyong oppa’s shoes or Big Bang’s shoes for that matter and if I am Minji, what would you do if that happens to me too?”

The SuJu members became silent.

“See? That’s why you can’t blame them for being like that. Even Taemin realized it.”

“Okay, I understand but that doesn’t mean they can lay a hand on Taemin like that without facing the consequence.” Leeteuk said.

“That’s probably why Minji said to Taemin to stay away from her even it hurts her. She knows that will happen in the future, her oppas are very protective of her. She wants Taemin not to take the five tests because the five tests don’t mean five tests at all.”

“You told us a while ago that there are only five tests, one for the trainer, one for the stylists, one for Jiyong, one for Teddy and one for their president.” Eunhyuk said.

“I’ve just remembered when Jinki oppa said that Taemin recently passed Dara unnie’s test.”

“Dara noona tested Taemin? How?” Jonghyun, Minho and Kibum asked.

“I don’t know guys what kind of test she gave Taemin. All I know is he passed. Bom noona said in her text.” Jinki said.

“You have Bom’s number and you two are always texting? Can you give her number to me?” Leeteuk asked.

“HYUNG!!” SHINee and Eunhyuk said.

“What? Can’t I have it?”

“Jungsu-ah, stop it. We have a bigger issue here.” Heechul said.

“Okay, oppas. Now that Taemin passed Dara unnie’s test, all 2NE1 members are on his side. Taemin has to worry about Gummy unnie’s, Big Bang oppas, Se7en oppa, 1TYM, Jinusean, YG’s girlfriend Eun Joo unnie, his daughter—“

“YG’s daughter? You mean the baby?!?” All the guys asked.

“Yeah, she’s part of the YG family.”

“How could a baby give a test?” Heechul asked.

“Exactly, Hee-nim. That’s why Minji won’t let him take it.”

“Those Big Bang!!! Do they think we will let Minji be with Taemin without any tests too?? Minji should be subjected to SM Town’s test too.” Eunhyuk said.
“Hyukjae hyung I think you’ll love her before you can give her your test.” Jonghyun said.

“Yeah, hyung. When you meet her, you’ll instantly have this instinct to protect her.” Minho said.

“She’s too cute when she’s being herself but when she starts to dance she becomes a different person.” Kibum said.

“I think she’s best suited to be Taemin’s girlfriend, she can hold him down when he’s too much and she can make him smile when he’s down. You all know when he’s down right, he dances till there is no tomorrow. But when Minji was around him, we never saw him like that.” JinKi said.

“So basically, all of you approves of her.” Leeteuk said.

“Yes, hyung.” All of them answered. 

“If Kibum approves of her, then I still have to see it for myself.” Heechul said.

“I agree.” Leeteuk said.

“Don’t leave me out hyung!” Eunhyuk said.

“Luna, I want to ask you something.” Heechul said.

“What is it, oppa?”

“Does Minji love Taemin, like he’s the only one for her?”

“Yes, oppa. Minji loves him more than anything, more than Stitch, more than her previous country life and more than her own success. Why did you think she just went off to LA? She went with Jiyong oppa in order for Jiyong not to be around when he knows she’s hurt. She knew Bom unnie and Chaerin will hold Big Bang and Dara unnie. She also knew that Se7en oppa won’t hurt Taemin because it is against his principle. So, oppa is that answer enough?”

Heechul is in deep thought then he went to Taemin’s room. Leeteuk and Eunhyuk made the four do 100 push-ups, 100 squats and duck walked all over the living room for 50 times as their punishment. Luna was taking the video while holding her laughter.

“Hyung! What are you doing here?” Taemin asked.

“I came here as fast as I could to ask you who is that girl you confessed to at Strong Heart. You didn’t even tell me.”

“It’s Minji. Gong Minji. 2NE1’s maknae, hyung.”

“Do you really love her?”

“Hyung, I love her more than anything and I regret that I hurt her hyung. I have to take the five tests if that’s what it takes to be with her again.”

“Okay, Taemin. I’ll help you. Don’t forget to call me everyday regarding this matter. I’m always here for you.”

“Okay, hyung. Thank you.”

“I have to go. I have someone to punish.” Then, Heechul went off.

FLASHBACK:

“Sulli used Taemin to make Minho jealous not knowing that Minho and Krystal are going steady.” JinKi said.

Present:

“Choi Sulli, although you are one of my favorite dongsaengs, you made a mistake and made Taeminnie like this. You have to be punished.” Heechul said.

The next day:

“Where do you think you are going?” Jonghyun asked.

“Hyung, I’m going to YG.” Taemin answered.

“Without your hyungs?” Minho asked.

“Yeah, hyung.” 

“That hurts, son.” Kibum said.

“We’ll be going with you. Bom noona said we have to be by your side when you are going there. Besides, GD sunbaenim didn’t texted that you have to come alone.” JinKi said.

“HYUNGS!” 

“No, buts Taeminnie. We are in this together. We made a promise to ourselves and to 2NE1 members.” JinKi said.

They went to YG Building to be greeted by…

“Annyeong, Taemin! Your first test will be with us.”