Chapter 22: The meaning behind Minji's parting words

First Love and It Hurts

 

Chapter 22


Five minutes before:

“Yah! Luna treat us for a snack!” Eunhyuk said.

“What the? Oppa, you should treat me. I’m your dongsaeng remember?” Luna answered back.

“Luna, treat us.” Leeteuk said with puppy dog eyes.

“Leeteuk oppa, Eunhyuk oppa, you two should treat me. Mehrong!” Luna said then ran away from them.

“Aish! Luna come back here!” Leeteuk said and the two sped off to catch Luna.

Present:

Luna stopped at SHINee’s practice room.

“I thought SHINee’s practice is over, why is there music playing in their practice room?” Luna said.

Leeteuk and Eunhyuk grabbed Luna. “Gotcha! You are gonna treat us now!”

“Oppa! Let me down! Someone’s at SHINee’s practice room.”

“Why is there music playing? They are supposed to be resting. I’m gonna scold them.” Leeteuk said.

They opened the door to find Taemin dancing his heart off. 

“It’s Taemin.” Luna said.

“Whoa. I’m impressed. This kid could be beating me out of dancing.” Eunhyuk said.

“Anyways, let’s scold him. He’s supposed to be resting now.” As Leeteuk said that, Taemin collapsed.

“Lee Taemin!!” The three shouted. 

Leeteuk and Luna rushed to Taemin’s side while Eunhyuk turned off the music.

“Yah! Lee Taemin! Wake up!” Leeteuk said while slapping his face.

“Oppa! He fainted! Why are you slapping him?” Luna said.

“Oh right.” Leeteuk said with sudden realization but then, “Yah! I’m trying to wake him up.” Leeteuk said.

“Hyung, he fainted because he’s tired. Look at the state of his shirt, they are all covered in sweat.”

“Eunhyuk oppa you should change his clothes, he might get pneumonia.” 

“Okay, I’ll go get some clothes from his locker.” Eunhyuk said and went off.

“What the heck is he thinking?” Leeteuk said,

“Minji...please don’t. Don’t tell me to go away please.” Taemin mumbled.

“Minji?” Leeteuk and Luna said at the same time.

“I’m back. Luna go out for a sec. We are just gonna change his clothes.”

“Okay oppa,” Luna said.

Outside the practice room.

Luna calls JinKi.

“JinKi oppa, did something happen between Minji and Taemin?” Luna asked JinKi.

“Why do you ask?”

“Cause, we found Taemin dancing till he collapsed here in your practice room.”

“Taemin’s there?”

“Yup. Leeteuk oppa and Eunhyuk oppa is changing his clothes. He was drenched in sweat. He mumbled about Minji wanting him to stay away. What is happening?” Luna asked.

“I’ll tell you when I get there.” JinKi said.

“We’ll bring him there, oppa. I think Leeteuk oppa will scold you so better prepare yourself.” Luna said, and then she hung up.

‘Don’t bother JinKi oppa. I think I know what happened. I’m not Minji’s friend for nothing. It’s time to fix this misunderstanding.’

Luna went back inside. Eunhyuk is letting Taemin drink vitamin water to rehydrate.

“Lee Taemin, tell me what happened. What happened with you and Minji?” Luna asked.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Taemin said.

“Did she tell you to stay away from her?” Luna asked.

“She did?” Eunhyuk and Leeteuk said.

Taemin still silent.

“Did she? Lee Taemin, spit it out!” Leeteuk said with a commanding voice.

“Yes, she did hyung. It’s over. I should’ve seen that she’s in love with me earlier so in that way I wouldn’t have hurt her. It’s over. G-Dragon sunbaenim wouldn’t even let me see her. She just went outside to tell me to stay away.”

“I should teach that guy a lesson. Yah! Lee Taemin! There are other girls out there.” Eunhyuk said.

“Yeah, Taemin. You should just forget her.” Leeteuk encouraged.

“Oppas! Just out okay! Yah! Lee Taemin! Didn’t you get what she’s trying to say?” Luna asked.

“What do you mean by that, Luna?” Leeteuk said.

“What is she trying to say to me?” Taemin asked while he looked at Luna with questioning eyes.

“She told you to back off to protect you from YG family. Minji doesn’t want you to suffer the Five tests.”

“Five tests?” Taemin asked.

“Now that I remember it, the 2NE1 girls told that in Strong Heart.” Leeteuk said.

“Yeah, Leeteuk oppa, Minji wanted Taemin not to take the five tests.”

“What are these five tests?” Taemin asked.

“Basically, the first test is a test by their trainer. If you are not strong enough you’re out. After you pass the first test, you’re style will be tested by their stylists. Mind you, they don’t like the pretty boy look but you’ll do, I think. The third, fourth and fifth are the hardest. You’ll be tested by Jiyong oppa, Teddy oppa and lastly, their president.” Luna said.

“What!” Taemin said.

“That’s why she wants you to back off even if it hurts her to say that.” Luna said.

“You mean, she still loves me?”

“Are you stupid? After confessing your heart out at Strong Heart to her? Yeah, I heard from these two oppas. Of course, she loves you. She doesn’t want to see you hurt. Stupid Taemin. That’s why you are so oblivious.” Luna said. Taemin is smiling like an idiot.

“Omo! Maknaes falling in love! Why Luna doesn’t have a boyfriend yet?” Leeteuk and Eunhyuk said with pouty lips. Nudging Luna on the side.

“Aish! Oppas!” Luna shouted.

“I’ll take the five tests if that’s the only way to be with her.” Taemin said. The three of them smiled.

The three sent Taemin to the SHINee’s dorm.

“Yah! Lee Taemin! Don’t you know how worried I was!!” Kibum shouted at Taemin.

But before Taemin can answer,

“Kim Kibum, Lee JinKi, Choi Minho and Lee Jonghyun. I need to talk to the four of you. Taemin, go to your room.” Leeteuk said with the voice he uses when things got out of hands.

At Taemin’s room.

Taemin’s phone vibrated. ‘Text from cute best friend ♥’

I know that you know I confiscated Minji’s phone. I want to meet you tomorrow at YG’s Fitness Room at 2 pm.-Jiyong.’