The Fair and After Party

Deception

They went to the fair, and Donghae immediately bought them both a huge stick of candyfloss.

"I lurve candyfloss." Donghae grinned an all teeth smile while Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow.

They walked in relative quiet, but Eunhyuk noticed Donghae was still gripping his hand in a death-grip, and his hand was squeezing Eunhyuk's so much, he could see a vein on Donghae's hand. It seemed Donghae didn't notice this, because whilst his face was happy, his hand was not.

A clown walked by them, and then a tall person on stilts lifted Eunhyuk up. He heard a snakey voice say by his ear "Put the plan into action now. Don't think. Like always." Eunhyuk felt something be slipped into his pocket. Eunhyuk pretended that nothing had happened, but when he was on the ground he tried to look at the stilts person only to see the glimpse of a mask with a creepy smile.

Donghae sensed the atmosphere was a bit weird "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I felt like guy was touching me up." Donghae laughed "No, seriously, his hands were closer to my crotch area than they needed to be." Eunhyuk said, tutting Donghae with the shake of his head and his finger waggling from side to side.

They walked past a boxing arena where one person had just beaten another. "Anyone! Anyone can win this luxury set of the finest chocolates, if they just beat this man. What the hell, I'll give you one to be brave enough to try!" A buff man, with prominent muscles was having his arm held up. You could see the referee's arm getting tired from holding up that hulk of muscle.

"Give it a try." Donghae whispered to Eunhyuk.

"No. No." Eunhyuk replied. Then he thought Well, if the plan's going to be put in place today, then might as well show off my skills.

"Pretty please?" Donghae showed off his puppy eyes even though he could probably win it for himself. "I reeeaally want those chocolates." Donghae said, like he was Eunhyuk's girfriend and this was a cheesy drama. Eunhyuk sighed, and then stepped into the ring.

"We have one challenger! He looks like a scrawny anchovy, but he'll do." The audience laughed I'm not bloody fighting for this guy to make fun of me Eunhyuk fumed  "In this ring, anything goes until one person is on the floor for ten seconds. Ready! Start!"

The muscly guy started by lunging at Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk dodged. The guy tried for a right hook. Eunhyuk dodged. By this time the guy was really getting annoyed. "This game is not ab-" Eunhyuk stepped in quickly and punched him on the side jaw. The guy clutched his face. So an anchovy can pack a mean punch, after all. "No rules." Eunhyuk said shortly, before doing a quick side kick, making sure the guy couldn't  grab his leg. Eunhyuk dodged the flurry of attacks the man threw at him, stepping closer and closer to the edge of the ring. Just when the guy thought he had gotten Eunhyuk, Eunhyuk dived underneath his armpit and did a strong kick to the boxer's back. The boxer flopped off the ring and onto the floor. Eunhyuk bent down and whispered in his ear. "We both know who's going to win, so do you want more pain, or are you just going to lie on the floor for ten seconds and have your pride damaged a bit."

It seemed this boxer didn't care for pride. He lay there.

Donghae was stunned for a moment and then clapped on over-drive. Eunhyuk took Donghae's candyfloss, and dumped the chocolates on him.

"There you go." Eunhyuk said.

"Amazing! AMAZING! Wow, you must be even better at running than I thought you were."

"Maybe."

Suddenly, people in the fair were giving them a bit of space and crowding to the edges, whether it was because it was the mayor's son, or they had witnessed the boxing match, or that they had finally noticed Eunhyuk's odd hair colour.

Eunhyuk finished eating the candyfloss as Donghae was doing a shooting game.

"I'm just going to put this in the bin."

"Okey-dokey." Donghae was acting a bit strange, either high on sugar rish, or giddy from the fair. Eunhyuk put the candyfloss in the bin, and then started running, swerving round the people, not bumping into anyone, until he reached the bank. The guards there would cause a big riot if they started fighting, and this is what Eunhyuk precisely didn't want. Eunhyuk dragged two random people into the doorway, creating a big confusion. On the corner, he could hear footsteps going towards him, but not in the direction of him. He waited until the footsteps died away. Then, he took his blonde wig off, and put the bomb underneath down in a corner. It was quite a small thing, really, but it did make his head look quite big. He took the match sticks the stilt man had given him and lit the fuse. He had checked this place earlier on the tour. It was quite high-priority but even though it was, the watchmen seemed to zone over it, because no-one would dare to steal from the highest security safe there. And there was a little ledge, just designed to make the place look posher, but it was the perfect place to hide it.

Then he tiptoed out, making sure to listen for the swish of the head, when both guards had turned their heads the other way, and slipped out, it is easy to break into things if people aren't properly paying attention, like these guards who, in the 5 years they'd been there, no-one had broken in.

Donghae looked happy when Eunhyuk came back. "You went to put the sticks away?"

"Yep."

He was doing something else. The bin was just over here but by the time I had finished he had just come back. Pabo Donghae. How could you let this happen? Let your guard down just because the kid side of you hasn't died yet? You're supposed to be the best, act like it!

"Okay then!" Maybe I should take him straight to the prison now, and inform the police now. Surely he wasn't way for too long? Just long enough to inform someone of something?

Even his expression looks confused, not very good at hiding emotions. He probably thinks I didn't plant anything. Anyway, my speed is my best point. but I need to get him out soon. That bomb has a long fuse but half an hour might not be enough.

Eunhyuk tried to drag Donghae home, saying he was sick.

Haha. The best excuse I have. So suspicious.

Hmm, this is so suspicious maybe he is actually sick. I'm sure being a ninja he could have invented a better excuse than that, if he needed.

I won't take him to the police station yet.

They entered Donghae's small flat. Donghae suddenly found himself being pressed against the table and his hands bound with rope, then the feet. Eunhyuk took off his wig.

"What the hell? I knew I should have taken you to the police!" Donghae shouted, the treachery he had seen coming, but not the wig.

"Yep. You should have" Eunhyuk said "Because now you are coming with me. I don't want you to stop me getting away, and who knows? Maybe you'll be handy when we take down the rest of this place."

"What do you mean rest of?"

"I mean in about ten minutes, a bomb's going to go off, destroying the safe, but more consequentially, killing a few people who are at the fair in the bank vicinity."

"You can't take down our city with just that!"

Eunhyuk put his face close to Donghae's as he bent down " No, but after you put fear into people." Eunhyuk wiped a crumb off Donghae's eyebrow and smiled "The rest comes naturally."

Eunhyuk hauled Donghae onto his back, opened the window and landed quietly on the veranda below, and then jumped again onto the road, which was near-empty because of the fair and the fact it was a working day.

Eunhyuk was moving at a fast pace but sometimes wobbling under the strain of Donghae's weight at the speed Eunhyuk was running.

This is where we find out the truth Donghae thought as Eunhyuk made his way through bushes.

Twenty minutes later, they were in a clearing.