D.O Hates Me

Everyone Hates Me

Yay, I finally got a comment!!! I'm loving you so much right now for commenting. I really do love it when you guys comment. It makes me feel all fluffy and stuff and I just want to scream even though it's the middle of the night.

Still no subbies though... Please subscribe? I like subscribers too, and so does Ji Hye, and Kai, and all of EXO, basically.

Since this is less than a thousand words... DOUBLE UPDATE!!!

P.S Why is D.O so cute?

-0-

D.O probably hates her because she’s an absolute disaster in the kitchen.

Yes, it was true she was a girl, but she was just so accident-prone. It was a joke amongst the members and she laughed along with it. Onew condition, they’d tease, knowing she had been particularly partial to SHINee. She was quite close to them too (she was close with Key oppa, obviously, and she became friends with Taemin through Kai, which was an oddity in itself since she wasn’t close to EXO-K’s main dancer at all) and she felt guilty for being slightly more comfortable at times with her sunbaes rather than her own group members. It was odd too, seeing as she spent more time with her members than anything but there was just something about the slight disfunctionality and craziness of SHINee that med her feel like they were a real family (Logically, she realises that they’re only so close because they’ve been together for so long while EXO had barely been formed for a year which accounted for their detachedness).

So she supposed she could consider herself the Onew of EXO-K (or perhaps all of EXO, now that she thought about it) without the love of chicken. She tripped over thin air and banged into the coffee table in the living room every time even though it never moved an inch from its spot. She knew Onew wasn’t really bad in the kitchen, but she was horrible in it.

She always seemed to get some sort of injury from the kitchen. Burning her hand, cutting herself, hitting her head against the cabinets… the list was endless. She didn’t know who was more baffled at her utter lack of coordination off the dance floor, her or Kyung Soo (He was older than her, but giving him an honorific like ‘hyung’ or ‘oppa’ never seemed right. He never said anything about it either. He did like to joke that she acted more his age than half the boys in the dorm anyway. She always thought it was a crack at Baekhyun hyung’s and Chanyeol hyung’s inability to act their age), who was always patching her up.

“Ji Hye-yah, you should be more careful,” he chided as he cleaned her cut once more after her failed attempt to make sandwiches without getting injured.

“I am,” she grumbled back. “It’s not my fault I’m clumsy.”

He grinned at her and finished bandaging her up, ruffling her hair. “It’s okay. I’m used to it. Although if this keeps up, we’ll need to buy more bandages. Maybe we should just ban you from the kitchen.”

He never did put up with his threat though and she was always grateful for that. How else was she supposed to make her snacks if she was banned? Kyung Soo always said he didn’t mind making something for her, but she didn’t want to keep bothering him. So what if she got hurt every now and then? She needed her independence.

She tried her best to help out in the kitchen whenever Kyung Soo cooked. It didn’t feel right to her that he had to do all the cooking. She was the girl after all. It should be her job, no matter how ist that sounded and despite being a total klutz, her mother had taught her how to cook.

Sometimes when she helped out, it felt like the end of the world was nearing. She’d get burnt or cut herself multiple times just to do a simple task. She didn’t mind the injuries, but Kyung Soo, being the umma he was, would freak out immediately.

Once, he got so frustrated with Ji Hye that he yelled, “Ji Hye, stop helping me in the kitchen if you’re just going to get hurt!”

She felt hurt, but she played it off. She was the maknae; she was supposed to play things off. Most of the things they said rolled off her in one way or another.

“Alright,” she said casually, carefully masking the hurt she felt. She playfully raised her hands and backed away from the kitchen slowly. “I’ll remove myself from your sacred domain, your highness. But I’ll be back!” She was careful to play it off as a joke. She didn’t want to get all depressed just because her favorite hyung yelled at her. It wasn’t like her. The rest of the maknae line would probably just make fun of her for acting like such a girl (She knew she was a girl, but she was never treated as one, so it would be weird if she started acting like one now). So she held it in and treated it like a joke, even though all she wanted to do was cry, or at least sit in her room for a little while and sulk. She didn’t act any different during dinner, except maybe she was a little quieter than usual. Then again, she talked about as much as Sehun did (which wasn’t much) so she doubted they really noticed the difference. That was her: Song Ji Hye, maknae of EXO and master of acting. It was times like that she wondered why she never pursued acting instead of singing.

She didn’t know if Kyung Soo noticed, but she helped him out in the kitchen less often. It wasn’t obvious. She simply reduced the number of times she helped him out until it seemed that she rarely helped him out. Even when she did help, it was only to do simple things like boiling water or stirring the soup. She didn’t really trust herself to do anything else. Kyung Soo definitely kept her away from the knives.

She wished she were less clumsy. Maybe then Kyung Soo would want her to help out more. He didn’t even call her out for helping less. Maybe she was just that subtle with the change, or he preferred not having her around.