Chapter - 2 - Awkwardness

Unsually Quiet

The next morning, Baekhyun woke up with cramps all over his body. As he stretched, he could hear Kyungsoo making breakfast with a whining JongIn.

“I said I don’t want toast today,” JongIn whined, much like a kid.

“There’s no way I’m making a full meal breakfast, we’re leaving in an hour, now stop whining and go get dressed. Wake up maknae & Baekyeol while you’re at it.” Kyungsoo ordered.

Baekhyun flinched at the mention of him & Chanyeol’s unit name. “Oh, Kyungsoo still doesn’t know I’m sleeping out here,” he thought. He was having a really bad morning & the last thing he wanted was to have some intense interrogation so as to why he slept outside which could  earn him a cold and worst case scenario, lose his voice. He dragged his heavy body to the table, plomped down and started munching on toast.

“Oh, I didn’t hear you wake up or should I say normally wake up?” Kyungsoo smirked, with a teasing smile on his face. Baekhyun knew what he was referring to. Normal wake up sounds mean he & Chanyeol yelling at whoever woke them up and slamming their bedroom door, throwing a tantrum before the manager hyung put them to a stop. He smiled as he remembered. Morning was unsually quiet again. Not knowing what to respond, he just quietly ate there, half-awake.

When he was eating, he heard those familiar footsteps nearing the table. Chanyeol always walks with his feet shuffling the floor. “This kid walks like a model in front of the fans though” he thought. Wanting to avoid some awkwardness, he got up from the table while gulping down the last bite of toast with coffee and got up from the table so suddenly that his coffee mug almost fell which was caught by a towering Chanyeol.

He tried not to look up at him, instead he did, meeting a pair of brown eyes staring down at him. His eyes looked tired with a shade of black under his eyes. Baekhyun’s heart took a leap, he never thought the eyes of his best friend were that…. Beautiful, even with the dark circles.

They stared at each other for what feels like hours which actually could be only a couple seconds before they heard a cough from maknae. “I told you Junmyeon hyung, those tow are having PDA even early in the morning, you really don’t have to worry about them not talking.” Sehun teased which caused both of them to blush hard.

Chanyeol broke the silence & said, “I’ll just go to the bathroom.” He practically ran down the hallway leaving a very confused-looking Baekhyun and amused members.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat and motioned Baekhyun to sit back down while the latter prepared to leave. “Okay what was that? He said, with a trying-not-to-smirk expression.

“I haven’t even washed my face, I have to get dressed.” Baekhyun almost stuttered. He felt himself being pinned down to the chair by his two maknaes when he tried to escape the second time.

“Nuh-uh, not until we get an answer from you.” Kyungsoo said, with a very serious expression. Then Suho snapped, almost jumping up from his own chair, “No way, did you guys do.. you know. Is that why you guys aren’t talking and blushing hard?”

Baekhyun almost choked, “Do what? COME ON, GRAMPS! I THOUGHT THAT IS SOMETHING JONGIN WOULD SAY! AND SINCE WHEN DID YOU TURN Y?” With that, all of s fell about laughing, even normally poker-faced maknae tearing up because of laughter.

“I didn’t even sleep in the room last night,” Baekhyun mumbled under his breath.

“We know, and we also know that MBC is *NOT* the only reason you guys aren’t talking.” Kyungsoo said, matter-of-factly.

Getting frustrated, Baekhyun barked, “Don’t you all have a schedule to attend to?” and stomped off into his bedroom.

Chanyeol heard all of the conversation, wondering himself what has gotten into him that he couldn’t bring himself to talk to Baekhyun. He was always the one to give up whenever they fought, this time, it is different. They didn’t start a fight based on something as childish as having different opinions on ice-cream flavours or on which channel they would watch. His best friend was practically rejecting him. He clearly said he doesn’t want Chanyeol near him anymore.That upsets him to no end. No, more than that, it hurts him so bad. He didn’t sleep well last night either, waking up and checking for the whimpering noises of Baekhyun he has always been used to sleep through the night.

Chanyeol has always been this bubbly, loving & cheerful person around his closest people, Baekhyun’s clearly on top of the list. He was sure both of them need each other’s advice even when buying food. They are roommates and how was he going to live with someone he’s not talking to 24/7 in a room, especially that someone means everything to him? One thing for sure, he loves Baekhyun which is not abnormal because he says that all the time to Baekhyun himself or the members or the fans. Maybe he just needs to give Baekhyun some space. Then he came out of the bathroom, fully dressed because he didn’t want to bump into Baekhyun in the bedroom.

 

Sorry, this chapter is really short. while chapter 1 is so long. me and my randomness. Subscribers are loved, also silent readers and comments are also appreciated. One subscriber yay! Thank you, peppermin. :)