Chapter 5 - I don't want to admit

Unsually Quiet

They had a feast for dinner, cooked almost singled-handedly by Kyungsoo. It’s not like others didn’t help but anyone in Kyungsoo’s place would rather do it alone with some people trying to help him and ending up breaking the plates.  JongIn almost spilled the whole pot of soup when he was helping Kyungsoo transfer it from the stove to the table. Still, they managed to enjoy their dinner ever so noisily and crowded around the dining table that was meant for a maximum number of 8 people.

 

“Hey, Yeol, let’s go get something for desserts,” Kris called, causing the heads in the living room to snap up at the mention of food.

“Can I come too? I want to have ice-cream,” the panda-eyed Chinese maknae pouted.

“No,no, we will just buy for you guys. I just want to spend time with my favourite dongsaengs who are apparently not talking to each other.” Kris smirked, followed by the wiggling of his perfect eyebrows as he earned a high-five from Kyungsoo.

“I’m tired hyung, just you and Chanyeol go,” Baekhyun said not looking from fiddling with his phone.

“No. I want both of you to come with me.” Kris persisted, not giving in. “Where’s that kid, Chanyeol?”

“He went into the bedroom, just now, he just walked right past you, didn’t you see him hyung? Wow, you’re really getting old like our Gramps,”  Sehunnie teased with a very amused smile that he caught M’s leader.

“I’m not Gramps, Hun, I’ve told you..” Suho tried to argue what who was immediately cut off by Kris, “Baekhyun, since when did you guys become so difficult?” He called for the second time, becoming slightly annoyed.

“Fine, fine, I’m going, happy?” Baekhyun impatiently got up from the sofa and sat down in front of the door to put on his shoes. “Chanyeol!” Kris called again, for the third time, his tone deadly annoyed.

“Can please someone get Chan freaking yeol from his room? We are trying to watch a movie here. Oh by the way, Baek, I want strawberry flavoured,” Jongdae added with a smile to Baekhyun after exploding.

And there came Chanyeol, bouncing as he linked hands with Kris, signaling that he was ready to go.

“Wait, I gotta go grab my wallet,” said Kris, running towards the dining table.

Chanyeol suddenly caught the sight of tiny Baekhyun tying his shoes at the foot of him.

“Baek, you coming too?”

Baekhyun looked up and nodded, “Yeah. Why? Duizhang insists me so.” His tone filled with unwillingness.

“It’s okay, if you don’t wanna come. I have something to talk to Kris hyung, anyway.”  Said Chanyeol, his tone nonchalant.

“Fine, then. Goodnight.” Baekhyun stood up, kicked his shoes off, stomped down the hallway to his room and slammed the door hard. He was panting as if he had held in his breath all his life. An unfamiliar pang in his chest was growing stronger that it almost engulfed his whole mind. He threw himself onto the bed, trying his best to calm down. A lot of thoughts were whirling in his head.

“What is this feeling? I’m not jealous, am I? Seriously, Baekhyun?”

“Let’s go. Where is Baekhyun again?” Kris sounded totally annoyed. “I’m not playing hide and seek with both of you for God’s sake!”

“I just said he doesn’t need to come with us. Plus, I really have things to tell you.” Chanyeol pouted.

“Aish, this punk, I’m not going, I’m not going,” Kris huffed and went to sit down on the sofa.

Chanyeol stood there, confused. Then Suho, the guardian angel appeared, “Sehun and Luhan hyung could go buy food, right?”

Kyungsoo was just sitting quietly in a corner with a book, observing the situation. “Oh ho, someone is jello.” He mentally clapped. And with a smirk directed towards Chanyeol who had those confused puppy dog eyes on before his expression changed into a questioning one because Kyungsoo was smirking at him for no actual reason he knew of.

The next morning, Baekhyun was awoken by the noise of Chanyeol opening the drawer at the head of his bed. He rubbed his eyes hard to see it was only 6 o’clock in the morning. He worked his brain wondering if there was an early schedule but he sighed in relief as he remembered they were having their holidays.

“Sorry, did I wake you?” Chanyeol whispered, so unlike of him.

“What are you doing early in the morning?” He squinted his eyes to see Chanyeol in a black tracksuit as if he was going out for exercise. “But Chanyeol never exercises,” he thought.

“I’m just finding my earphones, did you by chance see them?” His hands rummaging through his bag.

“Yes, I saw you put it in your pocket of the coat you wore yesterday.” Baekhyun yawned.

“Really? Thanks, Baek. I’m just going out to exercise with Kris hyung. Bye!” There he went, waving like a maniac and running out like an 8-year-old child which Baekhyun found so ‘adorable’.

“Wait, did I just think that? No. Baekhyun. You’re just sleep-deprived. Go back to sleep and you’ll never think of that ever again.” He convinced himself, though not so successfully.

 Baekhyun was woken up the second time that morning by Kyungsoo who shook him violently.

“Hey, can’t you be gentler? You’re waking up a sleeping person, not a dead one!” He groaned as Kyungsoo removed the blankets Baekhyun had on.

“1,2,3.. Woah. You’re sleeping under 3 blankets. How do you not suffocate?” Kyungsoo said, trying to pull all the blankets off of Baekhyun.

“Just lemme sleep, Kyungsoo, it’s still early.” Baekhyun snatched one of the blanets from Kyungsoo again and hid under it.

“It’s already noon for God’s sake! It’s a beautiful day. You should go out rather than curling in bed and being jealous like a teenage girl.” Kyungsoo smirked, sitting on Chanyeol’s bed fidding with the ipod he found on it.

“What? Jealous.. I’m not jeal..” Baekhyun emerged from under the blankets, properly awake.

“Yeah. Keep telling that to yourself, oh.. what is this?” Kyungsoo’s eyes went the size of saucers. He seemed to have found something on Chanyeol’s ipod.

“What is it?” Baekhyun was interested. What on earth could Chanyeol have saved in his ipod that it caught the attention of Do Kyungsoo?

“Is that a girl? Woah. She’s pretty. How did he manage to get a girlfriend amidst the schedules? Wait till manager hyung..” Kyungsoo was cut off as Baekhyun snatched the ipod from him, eyes fiery with jealousy he didn’t want to admit.

But what Baekhyun saw was not a girl but more surprisingly, it was a picture of him sleeping peacefully. Chanyeol must have taken it any other night he stayed up late. Chanyeol had always told him that he sleeps like an angel. He smiled as he remembered. His thoughts were distracted when he heard Kyungsoo laughing. Like real hard. Elated that Baekhyun fell for his trap.

“And you say you’re not jealous!” He rolled on the bed, holding his stomach, laughing.

Baekhyun glared at his friend but he wasn’t letting his mood get ruined.

Baekhyun turned his expression from a very satisfied one to a nonchalant one as if it was nothing. But his insides were doing somersaults and he seared he could hear butterflies flapping in his tummy. He swiped a finger on Chanyeol’s ipod to see many photos of the duo and many other snapshots of Baekhyun. He smiled internally.

“You know, I’m still here and maybe if you would want to know, you’re smiling like a huge idiot.” Kyungsoo smirked.

Baekhyun blushed a tomato red as he realized his internal smile surfaced. Before he managed to protest, Kyungoo turned to the door and before leaving, “You’re madly head over heels, Baek. I’m not sure if anything could save you now.”

 

Sorry for the late update. Life has been hectic. I'm settling in my new school. Please bear with me. The story would be ending soon. Thanks again to all my subscribers. Oh and by the way, I just think my whole story isn't fluffy enough so i'm wondering if I should write a sequel to this. Please comment. :) Lots of love.