Two

Vixen

You went to buy some groceries to make a quick dinner for yourself. Ever since you'd broken up with your boyfriend, you found yourself eating in more frequently. If you continuously ate leftovers, it was cheaper, but if you were looking for a change, it was a little tedious and expensive.

The store was empty tonight as you strolled down the aisles, pushing your cart. You picked up a few items here and there, tossing them into the basket and keeping a mental check on the price. You were almost at the end of your list, but couldn't find one item that you really had a taste for.

You frowned, standing in the middle of the aisle, looking up and down the shelves for what you needed.

"Can I help you find something Miss?"

You glanced behind you and saw a small, skinny boy in the store uniform.

"Yes." You turned to him, and told him what you needed.

"Oh, we moved that to another aisle." He told you. "Follow me."

You trailed after him as he shuffled a few aisles over, leading you to a shelf stocked with the product you were searching for.

"Thanks." You reached up and plucked what you needed from the shelf.

"Are you ready to check out now?" He asked, and you nodded in response.

He lead you to the cash register in the front and punched in a code to unlock it while you put your items on the belt.

"How's school?" He asked, scanning the items quickly and placing them back in your empty basket.

"Ok," You said, watching the total climb higher and higher.

"That's good." He nodded. "I'm taking a class with Mrs. Hoffman again. It's awful."

"Bad move." You shook your head. "You go to the same school?"

He stopped scanning and stared at you for a moment. "I'm a sophomore. We had three classes together last year, and one this semester."

"Oh." You blinked. "I'm sorry..."

"No, it's ok." He shook his head and continued working. "I'm not the most popular kid at school. Are you and Tao still together?"

You grimaced. "No. No, we're not. We broke up a month ago."

"Oh! Oh. I'm sorry to hear that." He said. You raised his eyebrow at his brief moment of excitement. "Your total is 24.76."

You paid him and grabbed your cart again.

"Do you need help taking this out to your car?" He asked.

"No thanks."

"Are you sure?"

"No," You shook your head and glanced at the name on his tag as you left the store. "Thanks anyway. Later, Jongdae."