Flower Petals

Honey, Syrup, Whip!

 

a doodle doo! a doodle doo!

I opened my eyes and looked at around my room. My stupid chicken alarm clock is around here somewhere., running around and hiding from me. I sat up on my bed spectating every inch of my room. When It hits 6:00 a.m. it suddenly starts running around. It helps people wake up in the morning by having somewhat of an "exercise".

"It's around here somewhere..." I whispered to myself.

Suddenly I see the chicken running across my dresser. 

"Found you!" I yelled.

I jumped onto the floor and chased the chicken. It's pretty fast I got to admit maybe I should start working out...or not. Too much of a hassle. This thing had me going in circles. First it was here then it's there and when I think I finally have it it tricks me and goes somewhere else! I hate it but It's not like I can throw it away. My brother gave it for me on my birthday. I don't want to hurt his feelings.

The chicken goes for a corner and I got it surrounded. 

"Ha! I got you know chicken!" I yelled as if it could understand me.

I pick it up and shut it off. What a bother it is to have this alarm clock. I go walk up to my mirror that's next to my bed and look at myself.

"It's time for school! I have to try my best in order to be #1! I am going to be at the top of my school! The jerk Kim Myungsoo won't beat me!" I yelled virtuously to myself

Who am I kidding? I probably won't be the best at my school. The jerk Kim Myungsoo is always beating me at EVERYTHING! He is always one step higher then me. If I get a 100% on a test he would get a 100.1%! Why? I don't understand why! Is it because he's filthy rich? Is it because his father owns the school so he gets any percentage he wants? Is it because he's the most popular kid in the school? Is it because he scares teachers and the students? Ha! Well Ima tell you one thing...I'm not scared of him! Nope. Not one bit! I will beat him. Watch!

I quickly get dressed into my uniform and head to the kitchen.

"Good morning Dara" My mother called out.

I looked at her and smiled.

I don't have such a good relationship with my mom. I only live with my mom. My dad left us because he got "tired" of mother. I was at least 10 years old I think. Now I'm 17 so that's about 7 years without a dad.  But you know I don't need him because I have my brother. He's always there for me. Eventually my mom got married again but he also left. So now my is an alcoholic and finds comfort in alcohol. She's also always crushing my dreams. She never believes in me.  I once told her I was going to open my own cafe. One that everyone loves and would be #1 in Korea. You want to know what she told me? "Dara your cooking skills are the worst! How are you going to be able to succeed!? And look at you you're so ugly. Only people who are attractive bring in costumers. And you're hosting skills? Don't get me started on that! You're to shy to even ask a waiter for a napkin! Give up on that. Just become a...a...a garbage person! You know the ones that come and pick up trash. They earn a good pay. "

I gave up on my dream. She's right my hosting skills are pathetic.

"I'm leaving now bye" I told my mother.

She waved goodbye and watched me as I walked to school.

"Wow. Today is so pretty!" I shouted with happiness. I hate the sun. It's so hot when it's out and it always gets me all sweaty. I don't like sweating. That's why I prefer winter. And it is winter so I'm happy! I walk down the same road to school everyday and everyday at the same time I get to see him walk to school. Kim Hyun Joong. He's the cutest guy ever! With his hair shining in the sun, and his precious smile that melts every girl, and how incredibly nice he is to everyone! He's perfect! I don't know much about him though. I don't talk to him. I just like watching him from a distance. 

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

I hear my phone ring and buzz.

"Yellow" I answered

"Yah Dara! Where are you!? I've been waiting for you! The bell is going to ring in like 5 minutes! Where are you!?" My best friend Jessica yells.

"What! 5 minutes!? That's a lie! I'm halfw-" I stopped in the middle of my sentence. I've been day dreaming about Kim Hyun Joong this entire time! And now it's made me late! "Oh my gosh! Jessica I'm on my way right now! Sorry!" I quickly hang up my phone and ran as fast as I can. Jumping over rocks and trying not to bump into people. I've finally made it with 1 minute to spare. And now I'm sweating! Eww!

"Where have you been? Eww. Why are you sweating?" Jessica asked.

"I....ran...beacause...I...was...daydreaming about....KIm Hyun Joong...and...I didn't realize....what time it...was." I panted.

"You still like Kim Hyun Joong? You've had a crush on him for 3 years now! Get over him Dara. You shouldn't be having a crush on someone for that long" Jessica scolded. 

That's easy for her to say! Jessica is really pretty. She always has boyfriends. She changes them like she changes her underwear.

I looked down at the ground and nodded.

"Ok." I whispered.

"Come on let's go" She called out.

School is never boring to me. I love learning new things. But Kim Myungsoo hates school. I know this because I have him in my classroom. He is always spacing out and never pays attention in class and yet he still is the best!? Why? I just don't get it! I was sitting down at my desk minding my own business when suddenly I feel a flick at the back of my head.

"Hello second best." Myungsoo mocked me.

"Second best?" I questioned. "Ha! Not for long. You'll see I'll be better then you! Just watch!"

Silence grew between us.

"I'm watching." Myungsoo replied. "I'm going to watch you fail."

Really? This guy is getting me really annoyed!

"Yah really!? Get out of my face smartass."I whispered low so he wouldn't hear.

He chuckled and walked away purposely hitting my chair with his foot. I glared at him but he didn't bother to look back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(At lunch)

"Yah Jessica do you think Hyun Joong will ever talk to me? Or even better like me!?" I asked cheerfully.

"Kim Hyun Joong? No never." Jessica cruelly said.

"Thanks for crushing my hopes...."

"Yah Dara you know what you should do? Pick the petals off a flower. I hear that actually works." Jessica suggested.

I looked to my right where a bunch of little flowers were sprouting. I should try it. What's the worst that can happen. I picked out the only pure white flower that was growing in that little grassy area.

I took a petal off

"He loves me..."

Then another

"He loves me not..."

"He loves me..."

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

"Dara the bell rang lets go!" Jessica quickly grabbed my hand. The one that was holding tightly onto the flower. I dropped the flower and followed Jessica.

Does he love me or does he not? How many petals did that flower have!?

"Jessica! How many petals did that flower have!?"

Jessica's shoulders shrugged.

Come on Dara! Think! How many did it have?...One....Two..Three...Four....Five....

Five! It had five petals!

He loves me...

He loves me not...

He loves me....

He loves me not..

HE LOVES ME...

 

 

 

^o^