Innocent Invitation

Hidden Lies

''Hey, come play with me~!''

You were laying, your stomach pressed against the cold floor of a kitchen, calling a friend. As you kept silently shouting with hope in your seeking eyes, sudden sounds of bell echoed to your sensitive ears and let a small cat appear before your gaze. Your lips curled into a childish smile under the blurry, yet nostalgic atmosphere that was surrounding the both of you. Your giggles were full of happiness, your words filled with a child’s enthusiasm and your heart was beating joy. Such an innocent image just appeared in your mind.

But it slowly faded away..

 

----

''Mah! Hyunnie-ssi! Wake up~~!!!''

 

Your sleeping face frowned and dived into your crossed arms. A grumpy waker you were. Slowly, your brain started to analyze the environment surrounding you, being careful of any sound that could be heard. Everything seemed dead and at rest, despite the pair of hands that kept shaking your arm impatiently, causing your heart to sob in injustice. With a quick move, you raised your head and looked at him through the few of hair that fell on your delicate face.

 

''Daehyun, please,''  you whispered ''we’re in a library.''

 

''You’re not suppose to sleep here thought.''  he playfully grinned

 

Pissed off, you heavily sighed and let your head fall back on one of your arm. Daehyun was on his knees right next to you, looking straight into your eyes with an inch of mischievousness filling his gaze. There was almost no one under the neon lights of this gray library; only few older people who came to read dictionaries. With the last drop of effort in your body, you blew away the hair that was blocking your view and gave a pouty, slightly pissed face to your friend.

 

''Why do you keep following me?''  you lazily spit.

 

''Because I like you much.'' he simply replied with a big smile on his face.

 

You bluntly rolled your eyes at his teasing words and sat up straight, each of your movements followed by his glare.

 

''I barely know you Jung Daehyun,'' you rested your head on the palm of your hand ''but it’s like you know me since years''

 

He chuckled.

 

''I’ve heard that from many others.'' he smiled.

 

Like you were used to, your hand reached the edge of his cap and pulled it down on his face. You could tell he was an outgoing person but something about that made you feel uneasy whenever he was around. You didn’t know why.

 

''I’m searching for a certain place,'' you gently spoke  ''will you help me find it?''

 

Daehyun lightly lifted up his cap away from his face.

 

''Of course I can,'' he smirked ''what is that place?''

 

For some seconds, you blankly looked into his eyes with a soft smile illuminating your angelic face. Something suddenly pulled your empty heart.

 

''..I don’t know yet.''

 

__________________________

1st chapter, I must admit, is kinda confusing and weird…

But don’t worry, more the story goes on, more it’ll make sense x)’

Hope you’re going to subscribe, comment and love this fic ((:!

SweetPotatoPie