Wind

Chained Heaven

 

Another long day of tiring, no, exhausting practices was finally over.

 

And, once again, Park Bom, the trainee, was coming back home past midnight.

 

Bom walked alone, in the freezing streets of Seoul, in the hardest winter she had ever experienced. For some reason, winter that year was harsher than the others. Or, perhaps, that was just her imagination. But she couldn’t deny it. It did feel horrible.

She brought her freezing hands next to her face, and started blowing warm air to them. She smiled happily and put her hands back on her pockets, momentously feeling them a little bit warmer than before.

 

She was sleepy and her feet were almost numb, that without talking about her legs. She could barely move them. Even though she hadn’t been able to resist the whole dancing practice, it took every single bit of life and energy out from her.

Not that she was lifeless, no. But it was just the huge sensation of tiredness that was engulfing her mind.

 

She sighed discretly and softly shook her head, snatching any negative thoughts away. Her eyes looked up to the dim streets lights. With the fog, they looked even dimmer.

She breathed in the freezing wind…

 

It was cold.

No, it was frosty. More like icy.

 

She wondered how in the hell she was able to do what she was doing. She knew she was crazy, but she never thought she would reach that level. People say you should chase after your dreams, but… hers just seemed so crazy and difficult to reach that she was seriously beginning to doubt of herself.

She looked down at her steps as she walked to the front.

 

 

In her mind, she blamed herself for not getting that choreography right. The other trainees put so much effort in their routine, and they did it so much better than her…

 

She felt ashamed.

Ashamed because she couldn’t get better.

 

 

Her eyes teared up and she stopped on her tracks for a minute, collecting her thoughts and carefully wiping her tears away.

She even was pushing her boyfriend away.

 

She was sure that, now, when she reached home, he would be sleeping. Either in the couch or in the bed, it didn’t matter.

She knew she was making him suffer, and that was what made her suffer the most. Maybe she should just give up on everything and try to be a better girlfriend to him.

But no, he wouldn’t let her do that. Not him.

 

She breathed deeply, and, ignoring her ranny nose, she kept walking forwards.

 

She wasn’t that far from home anymore.

 

 

She and Seung Hyun lived in a very small house, with two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, a small space that you could call a living room, and another small room that served as a storage. Seung Hyun was rich, but he preferred to give up on his fortune so that he could be with her, whom his parents never approved as his girlfriend.

She was an orphan, and everything she had left from her parents were memories and that small house where she spent her childhood.

 

That what made her feel worse. She should have never crossed his path, she should have never attended the same school as him, she should have never fallen in love with him. He should have not fallen in love with her either…

But somehow, they ended up together. And he gave up everything for her. His parents gave him a reasonable quantity of money at the end of the month, and that was what kept them independent. Even though they didn’t like her, they still cared for their son and she felt grateful for that.

 

She would ask him sometimes why he had chosen her over his well-being, and all he would reply was a simple smile.

 

A smile.

 

 

That smile was what broke her heart even more.

 

 

She looked to her front, and sighed in relief as soon as she saw her house’s door, and she searched for the keys on her coat.

She took her cellphone out as well and looked at the time.

 

01:43 AM.

 

Another night with only 5 hours of sleep was coming ahead. She knew it wasn’t healhy for her, but she couldn’t help it. That’s how intense her life was.

 

She opened the locked door with the key and entered inside, locking it down again as soon as she could. She hastily took her trainers off, and wore her slippers. She breathed in deeply and rubbed her eyes, walking towards the stairs.

She could make the first set of stairs, but when she reached the living room, her legs gave in.

 

She groaned in pain and tried to get up, but she felt too weak.

 

 

She heard hurried steps and it wasn’t long before a pair of strong hands were holding her waist and pulling her up.

 

 

“ Are you alright ? ”

 

She looked up at him and smiled warmly, scratching the uneasiness off. She looked well at him, he was wearing pajamas. She felt so bad for waking him up like this.

 

“ Mmm. ”

 

She nodded and tried to get up again, but failed miserably. Seung Hyun breathed deeply, looking worried.


“ No, you’re not,” He sighed and lowered down, “ Put your arms around my neck, come on. ”

 

Bom tiredly obeyed him, as he made strength and pulled her up. She rested her head on his neck, engulfing his warmness, as he held her legs tightly with his arms. She closed her eyes momentanously, feeling him carrying her delicately to their bedroom, they laying her comfortably on the bed.

 

“ Sit, I’m going to bring you something to eat. I won’t let you go to sleep with an empty stomach. ”

 

She sat on the bed, her tired arms pulling her towards the pillow. She rolled up in a ball and waited for Seung Hyun to come back with something to comfort her empty stomach.

 

He came back to the bedroom, holding a bowl with freshly cut fruit, a sandwich and orange juice. He paused it on the bedside table. He helped Bom sitting up again, and gave her the sandwich. She smiled at him and munched on the sandwich, as he caressed her hair softly.

 

“ Why are you up this late ? ”

 

He breathed out a smile, and caressed her cheek.

 

“ I was waiting for you. ”

She looked down and nodded silently.

 

“ Seung Hyun- ”

“ Ah, it’s really cold outside today. ”

 

She looked up at him, not knowing what to say for a moment. She blinked her eyes and held the sandwich on her hands tightly.

 

“ Huh ? ”

“ You’re freezing. ”

 

His fingers softly pressed her lips and she blushed. He closed his eyes and lowered down, pressing his lips on hers delicately. She closed her eyes as well and kissed him back, until he broke the kiss with the same softness and delicateness. She opened her eyes and blushed, his fingertips brushing across her cheeks.

 

“ I missed you, Bom. ”

 

She felt tears coming back to her eyes but she managed to control them. She bit her lip and laughed awkwardly, shaking her head.

 

“ Yeah, it’s been a time. ”

 

Seung Hyun leaned over her and held her waist tightly with his arms, wrapping them around it. He rested his head softly next to her head and closed his eyes.

 

“ Bom… I will never regret what I did for you. ”

 

That was her breaking point.

 

She shakily paused her hand in front of , trying to muffle down her sobs as tears began pouring down her eyes. He lift up his head and smiled bitterly at her.

 

“ Bom… ”

 

She looked at him and shook her head, feeling all those feelings coming over to her head in no time. Her whole body was shaking and she didn’t even know why, but she felt goosebumps all over it. He kissed her tears-stained cheek, tasting the saltiness of her tears with the softness of his lips.

 

“ I don’t deserve you, Seung Hyun… ” She managed to whisper, closing her eyes. He held both of her cheeks with his hands, looking deeply into her eyes.

“ Bommie… You… you can’t say that… because that’s not true. ”

“ Tabi… ”

 

“ I barely see you everyday, but I know that’s because you’re working hard to achieve your dream. Bommie, I’m here, I’m with you, honey. Let me make this dream come true together with you. Let me be by your side. Please, having you by my side is the only thing I ask you for, Bom. ”

 

His eyes reflected sorrow and love. That warm gaze that was comforting her, that warm gaze that made her fall for him even deeper than what she should have. That was the look that she loved, that pair of beautiful eyes that looked at her always in the most beautiful way.

 

She bit her lip and let her head fall to the front lightly, breathing deeply. Seung Hyun took it as cue and took the chance to kiss her. His lips captured her upper perfectly, even making a bit of pressure on them. He bit her lip and pulled her lower one with his teeth, making her moan. He smiled lightly, and kissed her again. She responded to his kiss attently, her fingers catiously holding on his neck’s nape. She left the sandwich next to the other food and turned her complete attention towards him, drowning into him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ Today wasn’t that bad, ” Min Ji said, while stretching her legs after the exhausting dancing lesson. Chae Rin wiped her face with her towel, drinking few gulps of water afterwards. Bom sighed dreamily and sat on her seat happily.

 

Chae Rin laughed softly after looking at the elder, “ Unnie, what are you thinking of ? ”

 

Bom looked at her younger friend and just shook her head, “ Nothing. ”

“ That smile can be nothing. ”

 

Bom pouted cutely, faking she was mad with the others “ Aish ! Leave me alone, I already told it’s nothing… ” She put her earphones and began searching for some songs on her MP4 player.

“ I bet it has to do with Seung Hyun oppa, ” Min Ji said, getting up from the floor. Bom blushed madly and scoffed, shaking her head.

“ W-what the hell ? ”

 

Dara laughed, “ I haven’t seen you like that in a long time… ”

 

Chae Rin smiled mischeviously at her unnie, and turned even more to Dara, grinning devilishly, “ I think they got naughty last night. ”

“ Uuuuooohhhhh !!! ”

“ Y-Yah ! ”

 

The three friends laughed, but the older didn’t find it funny at all. She scoffed again and got up from the seat, pouting and fuming furiously.

 

“ Like, seriously ! What kind of business do you have with my personal life ? ” Bom asked to the three of them, not looking happy at all. She more upset than ever. She sighed and collected her things, putting her bag over her shoulders and going away from the dance practice room.

 

“ Unnie, where are you going ? ”

 

 

 

“ Ah, leave me alone. ”

 

 


  Chapter 2 - Published 09/29/2013