Listen [EPILOGUE]

Chained Heaven

The middle-aged man knocked on the door.

 

" Enter. "

 

He opened the door and looked inside. The young male was still glued to his laptop, probably finishing up one of the multiple chapters of the novel he had been writing for the past two months. 

 

" Young master, there's this package for you. "

 

Seung Hyun focused his view away from his laptop to his butler. He cleared his throat and frowned, getting up from his seat and approaching the older man.

 

" What is it ? "

" I don't know, master. But it comes from the hospital. "

 

Seung Hyun took the package to his hands and smiled at the butler,

 

" Thank you. You can leave now. "

 

 


 

 

Confetti was flying around in the air.

 

The loud music boomed through the speakers.

 

 

Dara delicately pressed her finger tips on her eyes, trying her best not to cry.

CL held the trophy in her hands, smiling teary-eyed.

Min Ji just let her tears of happiness flow freely, sobbing lightly.

 

The MC approached them with her broad smile, and giggled, " 2NE1 ! This is your first award ! "

 

Min Ji sobbed again, and covered her face with both of her palms. God... She felt so heavy in her heart.

CL nodded, and held her microphone, her voice shaking with emotion, 

 

" Y-Yes... Thank you very much everyone, we'll work hard ! "

 

 

Dara patted CL's back, giving her a sympathetic smile.

 

The female MC laughed softly.

 

" Would you like to dedicate this award to anyone ? "

 

Min Ji took a deep breath, and held the microphone high, next to .

 

" Bommie unnie... She-She passed away the day we debuted... She was supposed to be our fourth member, " The youngest took a deep breath before continuing, noticing the tears in Dara's and Chae Rin's eyes, 

" S-She fought so ha-hard for her dream b-but, " Min Ji sobbed, and covered her eyes for a moment.

 

CL took a deep breath and went back to her speech again, bitting her lip.

 

" We dedicate this award to her... Because this was her dream. She fought until the very end, " She breathed in, " U-Unnie... We asked Teddy oppa for permission... Your song will be in our album, unnie... " She sobbed and looked down, " I'm sorry... "

 

Dara hugged Chae Rin right away, patting her back.

 

Bom would forever be in their hearts.

 

 

 


 

 

" Huh, it's been some days since I broke up with you... I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about my condition. I didn't want to worry you, " She chuckled, " God, I'm stupid. "

 

Seung Hyun took a deep breath and closed his eyes tightly, before Bom could even keep with her message.

 

" Tabi ah, you know that I love you, right ? " She asked, her voice almost cracking up with emotion, " You know that song I recorded ? I wrote the lyrics thinking about you... "

 

He opened his eyes and breathed in shakily, looking to another side, crumpling the hospital papers on his hand.

 

You and I together, it just feels so right... And I know that you will never, hurt me in any way ’cause I’m so precious to you, " She took a deep breath, her voice shaking so much because of her tears, " You and I together, I know I have found the one... My heart tells me you will never let my scars be unhealed... You will always be my shield... "

 

" Tabi ah... "

 

He looked back to her photo frame, staring at her smiling face intensely.

 

" Even if the whole world stops listening... I only need you to hear me... "

 

 

"... I love you, Tabi. "

 

 


 

This story is dedicated to my late best-friend Judit, who suffered in the hands of cancer and, unfortunately, wasn't able to surpass it.

I love you, my fighter.

 

Thanks for reading this. I hope you liked it.

 

-Mari.


 Epilogue - Published 01/01/2014