Two weeks after the incident

Teach me how to smile

After the school day Jongwoon was given permission to go get some fresh air. He was so happy to be able to finally go outside. The hospital is so boring and full of sick people. Outside is full of healthy people hanging out and having a great time! Least that's what he thought.  The sun was out, there was a beatiful breeze drawing the summer heat away. Ryeowook was by his side showing him around the neighborhood in lived in. Jongwoon saw that there was no one outside. Why not? It was simply beautiful outside.

"Where is everybody?" He asked Ryeowook.

"Inside most likely." Ryeowook answered 

"Why are they inside? Outside's amazing outside is beautiful!" Yesung pouted.

"Aparently staying inside is what makes you cool. Staying inside playing video games, watching TV or eatting a load of junk food. People nowadays view going outside as a punishment."

"But that stuff will make you fat! No one wants to be fat especially here in Korea with how high our beauty and fitness standards are." Yesung complained. "They should try living my life within a week we'll be begging to go outside for atleast ten minutes. They take their health for granted when there are people who aren't lucky enough to be healthy like them!" 

"That is so true. You just made me realize that before I met you I took that stuff for granted. The simple fact that my heart is strong enough to beat on its own." Ryeowook turned to Yesung placing an arm around his shoulder. "It's hard for some kids to realize how much they take the simplest things for granted."

"Yeah, while they don't have to worry about their hearts I have to carry medicine around everywhere I go just incase. The simplest thing could disturb my heart. Even scaring me could kill me." He took a deep breath wishing that he could just be normal like everyone else. 

"I think you're taking somethings for granted too Jongwoon. Something you didn't even realize that you were taking for granted." Ryeowook confessed.

"What? What am I taking for granted?" Jongwoon asked with shock in his eyes. 

"The fact that you're able to walk around without crutches, the fact you aren't paraylzed at all, you can breathe without needing a respirator 24/7. Also the most importantly the fact that you're alive. You even survived suicide not all people survive that. I bet you there are dead people who wish they were alive. Suicide victims that regret their acts." Ryeowook said

"Some people commit suicide for stupid reasons. I wasn't going anywhere. I'll be dead before I even get the chance to exprience college. Who knows if I'll even go to college. My stupid heart will probably give out before that." He pouted.

"Look Yesung, I'd give you my heart-" Ryeowook started

"No!"

"Huh?"

"You are not dying in my place! You have a full life ahead of you without heart problems slowing you down. I'm not losing the only friend I've ever had. Just no. It won't happen." Jongwoon yelled.

"If I was brain dead." Ryeowook added. "I know you don't want me to die in your place but if that happens to me and we're a match without hesistition I'll let you have my heart."

"But why would you do that for me?" Yesung's eyes teared up. 

"Well because if I die I want you to know how it feels to have a strong healthy heart. You don't have to wonder if you'll be dead or alive in five years. You'd be able to put all this crap in the past. Besides it'd just go to waste if I didn't donate it if I were to be brain dead." Ryeowook said. 

"You're so nice to me! I love you!" Yesung's eyes watered like crazy as he jump hugged Ryeowook

"I love you too! Don't kill me for my heart." Ryeowook hugged him back. The two were called gay by a group of teenagers who drove by. They just ignored the ignorant teens. Their words didn't effect them one bit but those idiots still tried.

"Get a room!"

"Blow eachother on your own time!" 

"Homouality is wrong!"

"Actually." Ryeowook started. "Bullying others is wrong. If you had atleast one tenth of a brain you'd know that and why does it matter to you if we're gay? Even if we were how would that effect you? Is it going ruin your chances of getting your dream job? Good let it besides your dream job of working at as a waiter won't accept you with an attitude like that. Good day sir." 

"Hey!"

"I said good day sir! The arguement's over, you lost, stop trying to make yourself look even stupider." Ryeowook shouted back as he left with Jongwoon. "I'm sorry you had to witness that. Your first day outside and you have to be bullied."

"It's cute how you think I've never been bullied. People bully me because of the fact I've never been outside of the hospital for anything except school until now. It doesn't really happen much anymore because they've learn that no matter what they say I just don't give a . They felt powerless and moved on." Yesung replied with a laugh.

He never knew how great it felt to laugh until he met Ryeowook. He didn't know how great being alive felt until Ryeowook forced himself into his life. He just hopes that after his death Ryeowook will always cheerish their moments together like he will in the after life.