Waves

Blazing Ring

Genie went with me again at Sunday, but this time Aaron didn’t bring Jiro along.

But he brought lunch, which meant that he could make us stay in the library all day, while we could only think about the sunshine and how wonderful a day at the beach could have been.

When I had finally finished the books about the five rings, and especially my own Silver Ring, I was already getting pretty tired of it. And to my regret, Aaron had a new bunch of books ready for me when I was done.

“You need to read about the basics before you can learn them,” was the only thing he said before he pushed the books over the table to me.

Genie, who had nothing to do, and quickly realized that Aaron wasn’t in for a card game, had found a few books with titles like; “Unskilled people and their possibilities of getting Skills”, “The Unskilled World; A Quick Guide” and “The main Differences between Skilled and Unskilled People”.

Aaron had since the day before been reading a huge book I couldn’t read the title of.

When he was done around 3 pm, and I finished a book ten minutes after, he stated that it was enough for today.

I was tired to death, but Genie and I decided to go to the beach as soon as we could, and discussed how many and which friends we should bring with us.

Aaron walked behind us on the way out, and even though he didn’t look at us, it was obvious that he listened.

When we finally were in the reception, we had decided to call up Angela, Amber and Albee and ask them to take with us. As they were never hesitant to show their bodies off in bikinis, they couldn’t say no.

 

The three other girls met us at the beach. And to our surprise, we also found Show and Alien with them.

“Hey girls! See who we found here,” Angela exclaimed, and looked at Show with fluttering eyelashes. She had her most exposing bikini on.

Show, who had brought a beach ball, ignored her and smiling greeted us. When I got eye contact with Alien, I remembered what I had decided on.

“Oh, this is perfect! I was actually searching for you – I have something to tell you,” I said to Alien. He looked excited when I said it.

“Under four eyes,” I added, when Angela, Amber and Albee looked just as excited with the prospect to new gossip.

 

While Genie stayed with the four others, Alien and I went a little away where no one could hear us.

“I have thought about the offer you made me,” I shyly started while looking at the ground. I wanted this to end as quick as possible, but it also had to be said right, as I wanted to keep Alien’s friendship.

His eyes shined while he waited for me to continue.

“I don’t think I’m ready for marriage... yet. I mean, I really want to finish college before getting my own family. And most importantly... I didn’t even know of your feelings until a week ago. I know all the advantages of marrying you, but I simply don’t have the time to be engaged right now. I’ve always looked at you as a friend, Alien, and a very dear one, and I want it to stay like this for now.”

Then it was said. Alien’s expression had changed from excited to serious.

“I had actually expected this, to be honest. It’s okay. I’ll wait for you after college,” he smiled. I sighed.

 

This episode had taught me something about Alien that I hadn’t been aware of before.

He was damn good at hiding his feelings.

We went back to the other five who were getting impatient.

Alien smiled like nothing had happened, and we all went quickly into the water, where he and Show started to throw the beach ball between them, not letting any of us girls touch it.

While Albee, Angela and Amber stubbornly kept chasing the ball, Genie and I went swimming on deeper water instead after a while.

It was wonderful to feel the cold water cool down my brain after so much reading. I wish I could forget it all and just stay in the waves.

Waves...

We swam back to Show, Alien and the three girls. They had now started to throw the ball between them all, and shouted for us to join.

We laughed our ‘yes’, and swam as fast as possible towards them.

When we had played for a few minutes (Show, Alien, Genie and I teased Angela, Amber and Albee by not letting them get the ball), Show and Alien united their forces to throw it directly at Genie and I when we weren’t aware.

“Hey!” I laughed, and splashed water at them.

The only thing was, I didn’t ‘splash’ the water, my hand started a big wave that hit them with full power, so they both fell backwards into the water.

Genie and I looked worried at each other, ‘cause we both knew why it happened.

Show and Alien coughing got on their feet again, and dried their eyes with the palms of their hands.

“Alright, take it easy!” Show shouted, but then laughed.

“I didn’t know you had so much power,” Alien added.

“No, your Skills are amazing!” someone shouted at me from the shore.

It was Jiro. And with him were not only Aaron, but also Calvin and that last guy whose name I hadn’t caught.

I could see Aaron make him silent when I looked frightened at them. Genie and I only managed to exchange a fearful glance before we saw the four guys walk towards us through the water.

Albee, Amber and Angela were busy sending them evil we-are-better-than-you gazes to them, and Show and Alien had turned around to look.

“I thought you had learned something after two days. But it looks like you haven’t,” Aaron said, only loud enough for me to hear.

“It’s not like I learn to control anything by only reading dusty books,” I said, surprised by my own courage.

“Maybe you should control your tongue.”

I kept silent, and it seemed to surprise him.

So surprised that he didn’t manage to say anything before Alien broke in.

“Hey! What are you talking about? You dare to abuse Gui Gui!” he shouted.

Aaron looked at him with an indifferent gaze.

“I wouldn’t even dare to dream about it, with such a strong and proud young man protecting her,” he taunted, and then went back to his friends.

 

We five girls sat in the sand and relaxed while Show and Alien had gone into an explosive water fight.

When Albee, Amber and Angela didn’t seem to pay attention, Genie asked me:

“What did Aaron say to you?”

“He just told me to control my powers better,” I answered.

“Told? Please, Gui, everyone could see that he was taunting you, don’t try to make it sound better because you like him...” Genie rolled her eyes.

“Seriously, Gui Gui? HIM?! Oh my Gucci, and I thought you were decent...” Angela suddenly exclaimed.

“Shut up, Angela. Gui Gui can like whoever she wants, okay?” Genie annoyed talked back.

“Yeah, but... haven’t you heard what happened yesterday?”

We were all silent, and Angela seemed to enjoy the dramatic effect she had created.

“Well, if you haven’t, then I better tell you. The night between Friday and Saturday, he was caught breaking into a jewel store along with some of his friends... I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the three he has with him today. Anyways, they got caught by the police, and spent all morning on the police station, until Aaron’s father came by and sorted it out so they could go home, all free of charge. I bet he paid a lot of money...”

She, Albee and Amber laughed hearty at this, and then went back to their previous discussion.

I looked at Genie.

“A jewellery store? Could it be...?”

“I’ll ask him tomorrow,” I decided.

 

“Uhm... Aaron?”

He hadn’t spoken a word to me since he gave me order to read ten new books in the three hours I had to be there Monday afternoon.

I had a slight impression that he wanted either to punish me or to test me, and I mostly wanted to believe in the last.

“I heard that you broke into a jewellery store.”

I didn’t dare to look at him.

When he didn’t answer, I asked again:

“Is it true?”

“Yes,” he coldly said.

“Was it... about the Gold Ring?” I had read that it was the only other ring that was made of metal.

“We didn’t find it.” He sounded disappointed. I wanted to say something, but didn’t know what.

 

At Tuesday I didn’t have training, but Genie and I decided to go to the head quarter to look around.

To our surprise, we saw Rainie and three other girls in the reception. When we walked by, we heard them discuss with the receptionist.

“...but Fiona, we HAVE to talk to Master Na, right now!”

“Master Na is in a meeting, and I would be happy, Miss Z12, if you would call me ‘Miss’.”

“Ella, don’t get so angry that you forget your manners,” one of the girls said. She had long hair, and looked like she only existed in her own, dreamy world.

“Selina, you know how important this is! But if you don’t care about losing a mission or two, then...” A girl with medium short hair looked even more enthusiastic than the girl called Ella.

“I didn’t say I didn’t care, Hebe.”

“Girls, girls! Of course we’ll get to talk to Master Na. He isn’t in a meeting,” Rainie looked straight into the eyes of the receptionist, Fiona, while she said the last. Fiona’s gaze got dizzy for a moment, before she said:

“Oh yes, that is right... I will lead you to him...”

“That was scary...” I whispered to Genie. She nodded.

 

When we had walked around for an hour, carefully avoiding the library, we finally found the cafeteria.

It was obvious that the waiters had Skills too. The food and cakes went to the costumers by themselves, and everything happened ten times faster than in a normal cafeteria. Or else, it was just our school cafeteria that was slow.

We found a table, and waited for one of the waiters to come by.

“Hello, may I help you...? Hey, I don’t think I’ve seen you two around here before!” He spoke in a jolly tone that surprised me.

I smiled.

“Hello, my name is Wu Ying Jie, and this is Genie Cho.” I shook his hand lightly as I used to, but he warmly and enthusiastically returned the hand shake.

“Nice to meet you two! But you still haven’t presented yourself probably. I have no idea who you are,” he laughed. I had never seen anyone that constantly happy.

“Oh, I’m X32, pretty new here,” I nervously laughed back. “Genie is my friend.”

“Oh, then I’ve heard about you! Your mentor is Mr. Z9, right?” he happily smiled, still shaking my hand.

“Yes I am.” I tried to take my hand back, but he didn’t seem to notice.

“Well well well, my name is George, Y57. When I graduated from X-Soldier, my Skills weren’t really good enough for me to become a real Soldier, so I ended up here instead!” He finally let go of my hand, but only because he needed his whole arm to show us the room.

“...which I’m not really sad about.”

“I can see that,” I laughed.

We ordered two chocolate cakes, but as soon as George had left after bringing them to us, my ears caught some voices by the table next to ours. We couldn’t see them, as a thin wall separated us, but I could easily hear who it was.

“I can’t remember I was like that too once! They have no idea how important studies are before practising,” Aaron complained.

“Yes. A hidden corner in the library is a good opportunity to get close to a girl...”

“It’s not like that, Jiro. You know I’d never get nearer to Wu Ying Jie than what was absolutely required.”

“Oh Aaron, she isn’t that bad. If she could just make some more out of herself, she would be pretty hot.”

“You always mock her.”

“Yes, but those formal and neat clothes also pretty much invites to it, right? And her friends’ attitude towards us, oh my gosh. But you must admit that she could get pretty damn hot if she let go of that nice girl-style.”

Aaron was silent for a few seconds before answering.

“I admit that Miss Wu is pretty, but she smiles too much.”

Jiro laughed.

“Well, until she gets a bit naughtier, I won’t let my hands on her either. Tank tops and miniskirts could do wonders...”

“Jiro, keep your erted thoughts to yourself.”

I didn’t want to hear any more, so I waved George over, as a jolly conversation with him completely drown the sound of Aaron and Jiro’s voices.

 

***

Show Lo <333333333333333333333333333333333 *random*

Got his new remix album since I wrote last time. The documentary from New York is GOLD. Toy guns :’D

Anyways!

Jiro is a xD

And Rainie is getting a bit scary...

And you now know (a bit about) who Ella, Selina and Hebe are. But what roles they will play, you still have to wait to find out :b

And it is past my bedtime.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease leave me some nice comments to wake up to :’)

(lol, my 6 year old sister just went out to look at the “fairies” in the garden xD it’s 00:23 here xD)

- Blitz