At Fault and Clueless

Irrational

 

“Yoona, when will you come home?”

Seohyun’s voice echoed through Yoona’s ears, asking the same question that she had asked numerous times since she arrived to California for some magazine project. This question was asked by Seohyun for the past five weeks in every phone call she had with Yoona, that even if she wasn’t talking with the other the question still resonated in her mind.

The older woman didn’t know if she’d be happy or annoyed by the inquiry Seohyun makes every time they talk on the phone. In her heart she was happy that the younger woman missed her, but her tone whenever she asked that was different. Yoona sensed that there was something unexplainable with it, or maybe none. Maybe it was just her mind that tried to find a flow on her partner so that she would be less guilty for cheating with another woman.

 

Yes, yes! Yoona cheated with a woman she met at one of the pictorial sets for the magazine. If she wasn’t mistaken, the woman’s name was Sooyeon. She had done several make out sessions with her, few days of clubbing, and long conversations of s; something she wouldn’t experience with her virtuous partner, Seohyun. As far as Yoona remembered, her fling lasted for just a short period, then went gone out of the blue since Sooyeon had finished all the pictorial sessions and never came back. It was a good thing, of course. She’d never have to restrain herself from falling any further with the lust of pit that had tried to swallow her, since the force of her fling was gone. But still, her cheating caused a haunting feeling inside her, eventually affecting her thoughts too.

 

The haunting feeling intensified as she remembered the note Sooyeon left on her hotel room before she left.

 

“See you again.”

 

Only three words were needed to make her a coward. She never wanted to meet her again, and never will she plan to see her face-to-face. Sooyeon was a token of Yoona for letting her mind be driven by the thirst for pleasure, and now she’s also a nightmare that she’d die for just to forget.

 

“When will you come home?”

 

The question rang in her head again. Yoona’s trance got cut off, her senses that partially functioned awoken. She sat up straight and leaned against the headboard of the bed, across her was the 2012 calendar that seemed to yell- “Get your lazy bum working and start packing your stuff, you’ll be leaving in two days!”

 

As she remembered, she picked up her smartphone on her nightstand and called right away the all too familiar contact, after a couple of rings, the other line answered.

 

“Babe, I’ll be back in two days. You don’t need to pick me up at the airport, okay?”

There was not a single voice heard but only clickity-clacks produced by the keyboard of the laptop that Seohyun might had used at that time. 

 

I love you! See you soon!”

The sounds of pressed keys resumed, much louder this time. It made Yoona think that Seohyun might already knew what she have done and is now ignoring her, but that conclusion was just so silly. How could she now if they’re miles away from each other, right?

 

Two days was more than enough for her to pack her things, she wasn’t in a rush so she laid her back once again against the soft mattress of her bed with arms crossed at the back of her head as a pillow; time was spent by looking intensely at the nothingness of the white ceiling above. Her eyes drooped, sleepiness came, but it got cut abruptly when Yoona’s phone rang. She hurriedly sat up and grabbed the white device; she hoped that it was Seohyun.

 

“Hello Ms. Yoona, this is Kevin, one of the staffs in P Magazine. Your flight got rescheduled. It will be tomorrow morning at nine o’ clock.”

 

“Okay, thanks for informing me.”

 

As the call ended, her lips formed a wide smile. She dialed once again the number of Seohyun to tell the changed schedule of her arrival. Then reality had hit her once more that she’d be packing guilt and fear along with her belongings- thanks to her raging hormones that she made a mistake and cheated on her partner. She’d be really in deep trouble if Seohyun finds out.

 

“Nah, she wouldn’t know. No one will tell her anyway.”

But that’s what she only thought. She’s oblivious.