Repetition

Baby, Don't Cry Tonight

"Excuse me, boy! I've been waiting for my food for over an hour now!" a portly man yelled out at Tao.

Tao held up the broom  he was using to clean the floor and directed it at this man, "Sorry, sir, but I recall you not paying the full amount last time. You were off by, hmm, fifty dollars? My boss decided to let you go that time because he expected you to come back, and you did. Of course, this time, I'm going to have to take care of you instead of serve you."

The man laughed as he stood up. This boy looked so fragile, he didn't appear to be strong like the thieves that the man had encountered before. There was no problem with beating him, he decided. This was just going to be a mere warm-up for him.

But at that moment, Tao struck. His leg swung up and connected with the man's arm, and a loud thud could be heard around the room as the man fell from the pressure of that kick. The man's forehead was now starting to glisten with sweat. His eyes darted around for the nearest escape route, but he knew it was futile. This boy in front of him looked menacing just then, with his black messy hair and dark eyes, the broom still pointing at him. There was no safe way out of this mess, but to pay up.

The man shook his head and from his pocket, withdrew fifty dollars. He threw it onto the ground in anger and walked out, slamming the door as he went.

The restaurant had a brief silence. Then, everyone was applauding, "Tao the master!" they cried out.

Tao blushed. The life of a wushu celebrity out here in this little restaurant was quite nice, he thought. But in his heart, he knew the repetition of events in  his current life was boring him.

--

Back in the center of the city, in his library that was three stories high, Kris was reading yet another book. He pushed his glasses up, silent. No one really knew him actually. All they ever saw was this quiet child with few words. In truth, he had grown up secluded from other kids, for all his parents desired was a smart child. They crammed in all the tutors they deemed necessary into Kris's schedule. All Kris ever had were his stuffed animals. But no matter, Kris didn't know any better. All he was expected to do was go to his classes every day and read. He didn't consider anyone a friend, didn't know what it meant to be a friend.

"Time for your daily morning tea, sir," the maid entered timidly, carrying her tray and an ornate china cup, filled with steaming green tea.

Kris smiled his thanks and sighed, his usual schedule begins again.

 

Ahh, thank for you reading! This is Lissa, aka author-san. LOL IDK I JUST HAD TO ADD -san THERE. Anyway, all your support and expectations are really  nice and encouraging. I do hope I will do well on this! This will be my first multiple chapter writing, so please support~ Thank you! Oh, and this chapter's shorter than the future chapters because it's just a basic background story.