CHAPTER 4: Girl, Boy, and Underwear

A Manly Bridesmaid

Chanmi was emerging from a crowd. She had her hands stuffed into her gray jacket. Chanmi wore jeans, and her favorite pair of sneakers.

Kai blinked. He was speechless as the girl approached him.

“Uh, is something wrong? Should I have dressed a little bit more formally?” Chanmi broke the unending silence.

Jongin shook his head as he regained himself.

“Wha-No! You look perfect.” He carelessly stated.

The girl blushed, but she smiled at how sincere he was.

“Come on, let’s take a walk. I bet you know the best places to visit.” Kai folded his arm and pointed it at Chanmi.

“Hm, well that’s a bit stereotypical.” She barked but she hooked her arm in anyway.

“I-I didn’t mean it that way! I—“Jongin tried to defend himself.

“I’m joking. Relax.” She smiled.

Chanmi lead him to her favorite part of the park. But unfortunately, it was also the part where she first took Taemin, so she felt indifferently.

“Hey, uh. Are you alright? You look sad.” Kai noticed.

“Hm, no. I just have something in my mind. I’m sorry.” She politely said because she knew she was being a bit rude.

“Well, I have to cheer you up somehow, don’t I?” he said and went to the small group of street performers.

The performers were breakdancing and pulling a few stunts here and there.

Kai ran to them and danced with them. He moved to the hip hop music and performed for Chanmi.

He even took some of the attention from the performers as he showed off his moves. Chanmi cheered him on and clapped for him when he finished.

A little out of breath, Kai returned to Chanmi’s arms.

“That was great!” she congratulated.

“There!” he exclaimed. “There’s that smile I’ve been looking for!” he continued.

Chanmi was taken aback but her smile got even wider

“So, when’s the last time you went back to Korea?” Jongin brought up his first personal question.

“I haven’t gone back since we moved here.” She replied trying to suppress thoughts of Taemin.

“Well, do you want to go back if you were given the chance?”

“Honestly, I don’t think I can. Not yet at least.” She replied dimly.

“Hm well then it’s a good thing I’ll be spending most of my time here in Paris now. Because of my dad.” He smiled at her.

Chanmi awkwardly smiled back.

The two of them went on to a food stand that sold Chanmi’s favorite hot muffins. Jongin bought for the two of them of course.

The night went on as the two of them got to know each other a little better. But Chanmi couldn’t bear to mention her experience with Taemin because it was much too painful.

“That reminds me.” Kai said. “I’m supposed to buy some clothes. My dad told me we’d be staying here for a while. But all I brought was 3 outfits, and you’re looking at the second one.” He joked.

Chanmi laughed while Jongin just stared at her. They were now walking to Chanmi’s place.

“I can take you shopping tomorrow, if you want? That is if you want a change of clothes.” She kidded as they stopped in front of Chanmi’s house.

Kai responded to the offer at once, “Sure! But don’t you have work tomorrow?”

“I get Saturdays off.” She shrugged.

“Well alright! I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning!” he offered.

Chanmi nodded and started for the door.

“Uhm, thanks for tonight.” Chanmi turned to Kai before she went inside.

Kai smiled and then cheered when he saw Chanmi go inside.

“YES! YEEESS!! ALLLRIGHT!” he said in suppressed screams.

NEXT MORNING

“Jongin, I have an appointment with the manufacturers. I’m leaving now. Don’t cause trouble, arasseo. And go buy some clothes! You reek!” Kai’s dad reminded as he walked out the door.

Jongin mindlessly nodded as he put on his t-shirt. (Yes, he sleeps without a shirt)

He quickly gulped down a cup of hot choco, took a shower, and put on his third and last outfit.

Kai headed to Chanmi’s place.

He rang the doorbell.

“Good morning!” he greeted.

“Hey! So, is that your last change of clothes?” Chanmi joked.

“Heh, well yeah! It’s my last underwear too!” Jongin talked too much.

It was too late when he realized what he had said.

Chanmi couldn’t utter a word.

“Oh, god no! I didn’t mean to say that! I-I’m not a ert. I’m sorry.” The guy bowed over and over.

Chanmi laughed as she turned to lock the door.

“Well I guess we need to go shop for those too, don’t we?” she snickered.

Jongin’s face was bright red but he followed Chanmi.

They went to a huge shopping center where all the famous brands were.

They first stepped in Guess.

“I guess, you can start looking for clothes here.” Chanmi nodded at Kai.

Kai nodded back and headed to the shirts section. He browsed through the endless choices of clothes and picked up what looked good to him.

He bought 6 t-shirts just because he liked them, and 4 pairs of pants.

“Don’t you think you should buy a suit of two?” Chanmi inquired as he was paying for the clothes.

“I guess I should. Alright! After I buy new sneakers!” he cheered like a little kid.

They headed to Kai’s favorite brand of shoes, Converse.

He was practically skipping as he went for the shoes on display.

“You’re enjoying yourself too much!” Chanmi laughed at him.

Kai was already picking up his preferred choice of footwear.

He bought a pair of gray sneakers and 7 pairs of socks.

The two of them walked some more until they arrived at the main department store.

Everything was there. All types of clothes, some more shoes, and a few toys here and there.

As they walked by, Kai saw something that reminded him he needed it.

“Hey uhm Chanmi-ssi,  do you want to go shopping on your own or go about somewhere else? I’ve been dragging you around a lot and it’s okay if you want to go off for now.” He formulated the excuse.

Clueless, Chanmi tilted her head and asked, “Why? I don’t mind. I kind of offered to accompany you. But if you want it that way, I’ll go on to the food court. It’s just over there, so you won’t have a hard time finding it. Meet me there when you’re done, okay?”

Jongin was filled with relief and said, “That’s great! I’ll be quick, I’ll meet you there then I’ll treat you to some food.”

Chanmi smiled and started to walk off. Kai then headed to the underwear section and quickly started looking.

Chanmi was about half way to the food court when she turned back to see where Jongin was headed and after she saw where he stood, she laughed.

She laughed as she was walking to the food court. Some people eyed the strange girl laughing all to herself but only Chanmi understood the kind of amusement she was having.


Double update! Please subscribe~ and HAPPY READING~!!! :D