CHAPTER 2: The Girl

A Manly Bridesmaid

 

Jongin ruffled his soft, black hair and took a look out his window. The sky was extremely blue and as he looked forward, he saw the airport and the runway they were about to use.

The airplane landed carefully and once the fasten-your-seatbelt sign went off, Jongin quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and took his pack bag beside him.

As usual, his father was already way ahead of them as they exited the aircraft.

Upon picking up their baggage, Kai finally caught up with his father.

“You gotta be faster than that here, Kai.” His father warned his son.

“Yeah, thanks for the advice Dad.” Jongin faked a smile as his sunglasses hid his eyes.

His father shrugged him off and the two of them walked to the exit to wait for their limo.

“Now Kai, I don’t want to catch you fooling around and just not taking anything seriously this time. I really need to see that you can actually take over the company.” His father tried to open the conversation with Jongin.

“Yes, Dad.” Jongin politely replied.

Jongin didn’t always agree with what his father wanted but he respected him. He knew his father only wanted the best for him so in the end, he does what he is told. Although in some occasions, Jongin does things in his own ways.

The limo took them to a beautiful and scenic hotel.

The back of the hotel looked over the ocean and the front was designed and decorated to look like it was the palace garden. The valet was by the door and so was the bellhop.

They checked in and once they were in the room, Jongin dashed for the bed and threw himself on it, rolled over it, and ruined the beautifully folded and arranged sheets and pillows.

“Kai, we have only 2 hours to rest before we go to a meeting.” His father almost warned. “I’ll be at the dining hall. You can go do what you want but I’ll need you to follow the 2 hour rest I gave you.” He added.

“Fiiinneee~” Jongin moaned.

His father had already gone out the door. Jongin spent a few more minutes savoring the comfortable bed before he jumped up.

Jongin changed into something more comfortable. He wore a white V-neck t-shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, his favorite pair of black Converse rubber shoes, and slapped on his sunglasses.

He grabbed his keys and went out.

Jongin kept walking as he went through shops and boutiques. When he found a dinky little food court, he went for a milkshake. He sat himself in an empty table and admired everything that was around him. What he saw, smelled, tasted, and felt was all very new since it was a different country.

As Jongin was scanning around while sipping his milkshake, he saw a girl who was being followed by a huge group of people who wore sunglasses, hat, and took a lot of flashy pictures every minute; tourists.

Jongin slid his sunglasses down with his finger as he was entranced by the beautiful smile the girl had.

He had his eyes glued on her as she was explaining the rules to the tourists. Jongin waited for the girl to be finally alone. Then the group of people spread out. She was finally by herself.

Jongin took a huge gulp then walked up to her.

“Uh, hi! Sorry for coming up to you like this but I c-couldn’t help it.” He started as he caught the girl’s attention.

Jongin was actually never bad with talking to girls but this was a game changer.

The girl replied with a warm smile.

“I-I’m Jongin. But some (my Dad) call me Kai!” he introduced himself as he held out his hand.

“Chanmi. Kwon Chanmi.” She replied and shook his hand.

Still hypnotized by the pretty girl, Kai forgot to let go of her hand after the actual hand shake.

“Uh, y-you can let go now.” She awkwardly said.

Kai snapped back to reality and found the strength to let go of Chanmi’s hand.

“Oh uh sorry. I just I uh well—“ Jongin stuttered.

Chanmi tilted her head as if trying to understand what the guy was saying so she said, “Uh, well I kinda need to attend to my tourists if you don’t mind I uh---“ she was cut off.

“Do you want to go out with me?” Jongin openly asked.

 

Startled, Chanmi stared at the guy, and stuttered “W-What?”

“I’m really sorry for being so straight forward but I had to ask you. Will you go out with me?” Jongin asked once again.

Chanmi showed a warm smile and said, “I’m sorry but I’m a little busy. There are lots of other girls here, much prettier girls! You should probably ask someone else.”

Jongin’s shoulders deflated. But it’s YOU that I like.

With that, he couldn’t utter another word. Chanmi awkwardly waved goodbye as she joined her tourists.

Jongin was devastated. His eyes were only on the ground while he shoved his hands in his pockets.

That smile.

Why can’t I forget it? What the hell was that feeling? It was like I couldn’t breathe properly! Could it be that I have a heart disease? Should I go to the hospital for a check up? Chanmi.

He kept sighing to himself as he sat himself down on an empty bench at a park.

She was just a girl, another simple girl. I’ve dated other girls but why do I feel something different? And that smile. Her smile was so…

“VRR VRR” his phone vibrated.

Jongin was dragged right out of his thoughts as he answered the phone.

“You slacker! Where the heck are you? I’m at the hotel. Come here, we have to go somewhere.” His dad yelled.

“Cool it. I’m coming.” Jongin replied nonchalantly then hung up.

*******

“Where are we going?” Jongin whined as he slouched on the car seat.

“To the office. I need to introduce you to the employees since YOU’ll be running the company in just a few years. They have to at least know you before they follow you.” His father said without taking his eyes off his mobile.

“Hmm.” Jongin hummed in agreement.

I wonder if I’ll ever see her again? I really want to see her smile.


An update!!! Please keep reading and subscribe~~!!