But...You're Dead..

I'm Sorry

"Rin! Rin!"

Wha.. I looked around. 

"Rin!!" 

A meadow stretched around the area I was in. I looked behind me. A little girl.

"Come look!" 

The little girl was wearing yellow. I saw another girl. 

I walked over.

"Isn't it cute?" She pointed to the frog steps away.

"Ew, Hiroko, it's ugly!" 

Then I remembered. It was the day Hiroko moved. I countined to watch.

"Hiroko! It's time to go!" Her mother called.

Hiroko was crying. The smaller version of myself was too.

"Will you come back?" I cried.

"Yeah! I promise." She had held her pinky out.

"Hiroko! Now!" Her mother called again

My mother called me too, except her voice was more threatning than the gentle mother of Hiroko.We ran back together, hand in hand.

Our mothers separated us. They exchanged goodbyes, and we watched as the Katos' car drove away. 

That night, my mother called me into the room, and told me that Hiroko was dead. I dreamt that night about the car crash. Flames invaded my dreams, and I woke up.

The light hurt my eyes as I awoke. What had happened? Was everything that had happened yesterday a dream too? I yawned as I slipped out of the covers. I jumped up and went to the bathroom. I started the water. 

"RINNNNNNNNNNN!" Yuki yelled.

I ran out to the living room. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"Hiroko's here."

The dream flooded my mind again as i opened the door. She had drastically changed.

"Hiro-"

She wrapped her arms around me, and started to cry. I brought her into the apartment and shut the door.

"Akiyama Rin!" She cried a little more.

"Kato Hiroko..You are dead.." I said, tearing up myself.

"What? No, I am here..I haven't died.." 

"When we were 4.." 

"I got into a car crash."

My mother lied...and put me through hell thinking my best friend was dead. Still, why hadn't she at least tried to get in touch?

Another knock. Hiroko dried her eyes as I went to open the door. Reita, Uruha and Aoi.

"Hey Rin." Uruha smiled.

"Rin." Aoi said.

"Hey." Reita waved.

"Um, what's up?" I asked, inviting them in.

"Well, the entire fact that your in a band, and you didn't show up?" Aoi smirked.

"Dammit.."

I looked at the clock, noticing I had slept through the morning...

"Just give me a second?" 

They walked through the doorway, and sat down on the couches. I could tell they were uncomfortable. I excused myself and went to change.