Me?

I'm Sorry

 

There we were.  Her singing blended with the strong beat of me pounding the worn out pair of drums I had gotten 5 years ago.
 
Me and my sister. The two of us. Together. 
 
Yuki was 4 years younger than me. Being 23 and taking care of the bright ambitious soul was the hardest work I'd ever done,  and the of a father who never called or sent a penny, or the mother that was too good for her 'rebellious' 23 year old, didn't help either.
 
Someone flipped a half-dollar into the torn hat, partially filled with the collected money she and I worked for, and some we earned off the street.
 
Yuki's voice cracked and she stopped to start another.
 
" Rin, I am losing it! My voice will never be good," she cried.
 
"Oi, You are  really good!" I cried back.
 
She stormed into the front of the apartment bullding we lived in across the street.
 
I smirked. I looked at the hat. I knew this shouldn't have to be the way.. I popped my fingers and went back to playing.
 
"Hello!"
 
I heard an unknown voice scream. I looked up. A tall man looked at me. "What would you say to an audition?" he asked.
 
"Me?" I asked.
 
"Yeah! C'mon please? I need someone like you!" He exclaimed. 
 
"Um, give me a second please.." I ran across the street, up the stairs of our apartment bulding, and into the small room which held our kitchen, and living room. "YUKI!" I shouted slamming the door shut.
 
"What?" She asked, scarving down some pocky. "A man just offered me an audition!" I said, in shock. She seemed encouraging when she yelled,  'GO!' and in a flash we ran downstairs to him.
 
He was no stranger. We knew he was on television the other day, but he wouldn't seem to be the intimidating type.
 
   The man and I rode to a big building on the inside of Tokyo, which i soon realized was one of the biggest record companies. I looked at it. How could this had happened? Me taking a ride from a man off the street?
 
" Oh my..." I said, choking on my inability to understand what was going on. He motioned for me to hurry as quickly as my legs could take me.
 
 I walked in, where I saw two men, waiting for their turns. The three of us had a brief conversation about what had been going on. Apparently we were going to audition for a band and we were scouted off the street. 
 
Suddenly my name, "Akiyama" was called and I walked inside the room.
 
"Well, Who is this?" A woman asked the man who took me here.
 
"Um, Well, I don't know. He is a very charming player though, the band would just love him." he laughed nervously.
 
He?
 
 I laughed at the thought, to see the man and the woman watching me.
 
"Well?" she asked.
 
"Sorry." I said, shaking my head. I thought of what to play.. I decided 'Tsubasa'  by Alicenine would be best.
 
I breathed in and out, nervous as I played. 
 
"Sir, that's all I needed to see." She said, interrupting me, and then motioning me closer.
 
I got up from the drums and slowly walked to her. "Son, What is your name?" The woman smiled. 
 
"Rin." I choked out.  How could she still think I was a boy? Is my voice deeper than negative octaves? Goodness.
 
She looked at me in the eyes with this locking gaze. She held my two hands with her own and she shook them vigorously, as if my limbs were being choked of any air. 
 
"Congratulations. You are now a part of the GazettE."