Confrontation between Fire and Ice

PERSONA - Idols in Disguise

 

It was recording time again and Persona was giving their all. Everyone was dressed in casual clothes since this was all they were going to do today. Stay in the studio to finish the single, including b-side songs.

One of them was in tune and singing at his very best. The other was trying his hardest to get rid of the distracting thoughts that ran through his head of a certain manager and a certain secretary going at it on the couch with a feather. An image that had burned itself into his head before he had a chance to retreat and run back to their room in screams. Dae’s singing was being affected by his seriously disturbed mind.

“UWAAAAAA!” the screeching feedback caused the staff to jump up in surprise as they yanked the headphones off and stared back at the recording booth where Riku had tugged his headphones off as well and stared at Dae’s freak-out with a frown.

“Bwoh?”

“I can’t take it anymore!” Dae shouted, his face painting a look of horror that almost seemed comical. “I need to get away from that PN!! Staying in the same house as them SICKENS me!!”

“What are you talking about?” Riku frowned, grabbing Dae’s arm before he could make a run for it. The cool guy who seemed unafraid of anything had suddenly reached his breaking point. Riku had no real problem with the relationship between Saeko and Alex other than the part where they made out in public place, but Dae went overboard with this.

“Let goooo!” he tugged on his own arm to get rid of ’s grasp. “I hate PDA!!!”

Finally he managed to shake off the grip Riku had on his arm and ran for the door just as it opened. Dae tried to slip past whoever was blocking his path but merely managed to knock right into the man blocking his path.

The man was none other than Alex, the person Dae least wanted to see today. Knocked down to the ground he let out a soft grunt as he rubbed his sore arm on which he landed.

“Alex-ah!” Riku was quick in his actions, rushing to meet the man who got to his feet and managed to smile at the two young idols. 

“Such a rush,” he chuckled slightly, his cheerful persona coming through once again as he brushed his clothes. “Did you hear? Today, I’ve brought a special guest here.”

Taking a step away from the doorway to the side, Alex allowed entrance to a woman wearing large black sunglasses, wearing a white dress that reached just above her knees as her dark blonde hair curled around her shoulders. She looked like a catwalk model thought it was assumed that she was just wearing casual clothes.

This mystery guest looked rather familiar to Persona when she walked in and as soon as she took off her sunglasses the guys immediately recognized her.

“J-Jessica?!” Riku stuttered, completely star struck that his idol was right in front of them.

“Seriously?” Dae’s jaw fell open.

Persona stood there, in slight awe of the woman in front of them and both of them wore the identical smile on their faces, the smile those good-for-nothing rookies wore as they accepted all the crap that people pushed towards them, all because they felt it was part of their road to fame.

“Jessica is one of our company’s most popular and talented artists,” Alex explained, listing all of the honors and awards she had received in the past as the experienced idol studied the two young men in front of her. She had heard about the heroic act they pulled during the underground showcase which got them on the audience’s good side and was interested in what these guys were really all about, especially after hearing that they had been picked out by Saeko herself. She noted that they were a rather interesting looking bunch, the blue haired guy being rather short and the red headed guy had too many feminine features to mention. So why couldn’t Donghae stop talking about this person when the topic arose?

“Uhm…” Riku interrupted her thoughts and fidgeted in his place as the singer looked at him. “I have always been a big fan of Jessica’s. If you don’t mind… Could I please shake hands with you?”

Dae nodded eagerly as his friend asked for a handshake but before they even had the chance, someone had reached out his hand to shake Jessica’s instead.

Jumping in front of Riku was a tall man wearing a jumpsuit that fit the janitorial staff as he grasped her hand with both of his and shaking it enthusiastically.

“Yah!” Dae grabbed the taller man by his collar and tugged him away from the idol before her bodyguard could move into action before staring at him with wide eyes as he recognized the man from earlier. It was the same guy who got into a fight with him and accidentally knocked out Donghae.

“Ah! You’re that idiot from yesterday!” Dae yelled out and immediately let go of his collar, wiping his hand as if there was something on it. “What the hell are you doing here??”

“I work all kinds of part-time jobs as staff member to earn my cash,” the man growled, a bit angry that he had to meet that cocky young man again and got interrupted as he was having his moment with his idol. He turned back to face Jessica and grinned, “I have always wanted to work on a show with miss Jung and--”

The young woman slapped his hands away, glaring at the man before her. She always had the image of an ice princess and today was no different. Although on the outside she seemed to be like a sculpture made out of ice, inside a storm was howling and raging. Outraged that a simple janitor was able to sneak inside and touch her, not to mention that judging by the reaction of Persona, this was the person who had hit her precious Donghae the day before.

“How old-fashioned.”

“O-old-fashioned?” the man repeated as he stared at the young idol. The personality that she showed was so unpleasant but befitting to her image.

“Hm,” she shook her head thoughtfully. Alex watched the girl’s behavior, having seen it before in the brief time Saeko had worked as manager for Girls Generation. He winced slightly at the look on her face, knowing this was exactly how the girl looked before pulling out something extremely hurtful to say.

“Not old-fashioned,” she corrected herself, her eyes locked on the young tall man with a sharp and cold glare. “More like… Me being a shining, valuable diamond and you’d be the fossilized dinosaur faeces.”

Alex silently wondered where this girl got that comparison from, though it did make her point clear, feeling sorry for the tall guy who looked ready to cry as he was insulted by his idol. His happiness upon seeing the young lady had disappeared alongside his self-worth.

“How can you try and place a diamond and fossil in the same league?” she turned away, her tone still cold and casual as if it was a normal conversation. “It’s sickening just thinking about it.”

Moving over to the little couch that had been placed against the wall opposite of the recording booth window, she crossed her legs and sat there like she was actual royalty. Dae had watched this all unfold, anger building up inside of him once again though he tried to contain himself, every word that came out of made it harder for him to resist slapping her for being so rude.

The tall man accepted the blow to his pride and dropped his head, unable to figure out what to do with himself.

“If your status doesn’t meet the expectations you dream off, you’re better off waking up and forgetting about your dream completely.” She finished.

“What the hell is your problem??” Dae snapped at her, finally reaching his limit of containing his anger. Jessica looked up at Dae from her spot, trying not to show the shock she felt that someone dared to speak up to her like that.

“Excuse me?”

“What is wrong with people trying to chase after their dreams? Wanting to meet those who helped create those dreams?” he practically yelled at her in anger. “I don’t care if you’re the most popular singer of whatever group! A beautiful face does not make up for an ugly, rotten heart! Nothing to be proud of at all!”

Not only Jessica but everyone in the room was in shock at Dae’s harsh words. Riku was ready to bang his head against the wall, thinking about all the trouble these words were going to get them into.

“Y-yah… How can you talk to Jessica like that?” Riku scolded the shorter boy but he merely scoffed. Was everyone on this spoiled little brat’s side? Well, that would explain why she was so spoiled in the first place! Sure, this guy was a complete idiot but even he didn’t deserve such a treatment, after all he was just a fan with a lot of ambition.

“Don’t touch me!” Dae pushed Riku back roughly, his attention still locked on the nasty princess sitting on the couch, causing the boy to knock over and as he landed on his he accidentally knocked over the small table holding the bottles of water that tipped over and covered the young brunette idol completely.

“Listen up,” Dae stepped forwards, standing eye in eye with the princess as her expression still showed surprise and even a bit of hurt from the boy’s harsh words, “You better fix that attitude problem of yours or you will end up lonely for the rest of your life! Not even your fans would want you then! Not even your members!”

Before he could finish his rant towards the experienced idol, Saeko burst into the room and ran towards the two, pushing the blue haired boy aside as she bowed perfectly towards the young blonde.

“PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGY!” She practically screamed out.

Instead of exploding in a rant of her own, however, the girl was motionlessly watching the young boy pick himself off from the ground after being pushed aside by his manager. As Dae turned around and face the girl again, she marched out of the room.


Chanhee made her way through the hallways of the building, trying to find a good place to change out of Riku’s wet clothes and into some dryer, warmer ones. The whole ordeal back there was kind of crazy, Dae shouldn’t have lashed out at Jessica like that but on the other hand he did have a point. There was no reason for her to be so mean and cold towards the man, no matter how much of an idiot he was, he was still a fan who just wanted to meet the idol who inspired him in his work.

She eventually slipped into an empty rehearsal room to use as a changing room. She looked around quickly, making sure there was no one there that could bust her while he changed his clothes or else her cover would have been blown. She took off the wig and pants and pulled on a big red hoodie that Saeko had shoved into her hands on her way out. She stared at herself in the mirror for a moment, deciding to wait while Saeko dealt with Dae, not really wanting to witness the punishment the shorter one would have to go through.

Suddenly the door swung open and a tall boy with blond hair marched in, looking around frantically and not noticing her presence at first. Startled, Chanhee jumped up and quickly pulled the hood over her head to hide her long hair and hoping that her makeshift disguise would work.

“Aish… Where is it?” He murmured as he kept looking around before finally noticing Chanhee, standing there with her red hoodie pulled over her head and without pants on. “Ah… Annyeong?”

“Ah! A-anyeong Chanyeol sunbaenim!” she quickly bowed a perfect ninety degrees, quickly tugging a few strands of hair inside her hoodie and getting up again. She recognized the boy immediately, he was also part of the SM family and they had seen each other before during the showcase.

Park Chanyeol was the main rapper of EXO-K, standing tall at 185cm, towering slightly over her although they were of the same age. He was known as the happy virus of the group as he always seemed to wear this dorky and rather cute smile that cheered everyone up.

“S-sunbaenim?” He repeated as he tilted his head curiously to look at her, “Ah! You’re the rookie, right? From that group Persona?”

Slowly she nodded, glad that he didn’t see through her horrible disguise, “Yes! Riku imnida!”

“Nice to meet you!” he chuckled slightly before checking his appearance up and down, “Interesting outfit you got there…”

Her cheeks flushed red as she realized that she was still standing there without any pants on. Luckily the hoodie was long enough to cover most of her upper legs but it was still a rather embarrassing appearance. “Ah… T-that is… You see my pants… There was an accident…”

He blinked as he stared at her, a grin appearing on his face. “Oh, don’t worry. Your secret is safe with me! Accidents happen when people are nervous… Especially with a manager as Saeko-nim…”

Her eyes widened, “ANIYO! It’s not like that!!” What was the guy implying that happened?

Chanyeol merely chuckled and shook his head, “It’s alright, don’t worry.”

“YAH!” she shouted, puffing out her cheeks in embarrassment. “We knocked over a bottle of water and it drenched my pants and my shirt! That’s all that happened!!!!”

Surprised at her little outburst, he took a step back, holding his hands up in innocence, “Alright, calm down man! I was just kidding, no need to get all aggressive with me!”

Chanhee glanced away, biting on her lip. Part of her just wanted to run away and hide forever but that wouldn’t really solve the issue right now. Meanwhile, Chanyeol had continued searching around the rehearsal room.

“What are you looking for anyway?”

“I thought I left my phone here after practice but I don’t see it… Maybe someone else found it…” He frowned thoughtfully before shrugging and turning to her with a smile again. “Anyway, nice meeting you Riku. Let’s hope next time you’ll be a bit more careful with the water, ne?”

She wanted to snap back at him but he had already waved and walked away, leaving her behind with her cheeks flustered and puffed as she stuffed her hands in the pockets of her hoodie.  


Alex was send after her while Saeko dealt with the troublesome male who insulted the diva while the other got changed into dry clothes after knocking over the water bottles while being pushed asid and he immediately jogged after her.

“Miss Jung! Please! Accept our apologies!” he tried desperately as the blonde marched off to her car waiting outside.

Jessica stopped abruptly and turned to face the young man, her glasses pressed firmly on her face, “What was his name?”

“H-his name?”

“The blue guy! That rude punk!” She sighed out of frustration. “What was his name?”

“Kyu Dae… But please, he didn’t mean to insult you and we sincerely apologize for his--”

A smirk appeared on her face, “Kyu Dae hm?” she repeated. “Interesting…”


Was Dae really stepping out of line, talking to Jessica like that? Did Chanyeol really not notice that the boy he was talking too was actually a girl? Did he really think she peed her pants? And why is Jessica smirking? Subscribe to the story and you will never miss an update! ^^