The Aftermath

PERSONA - Idols in Disguise

 

A million and one thoughts ran through Dae’s head as Jessica’s lips made contact with his as his eyes turned wide. His brain had shut down due to the flood of thoughts and feelings that overcame him while his blood flushed his entire face, turning it in a shade of deep pink. What was happening? Was this really happening? Was Jessica Jung, the ice queen of Girls Generation and girlfriend to the handsome Donghae, the person that pushed him over his limits and made him insult her in a wave of rage, really standing here with her lips planted against his on her own accord? Was she in love with Dae even when she was already taken and there was no reason why he would ever be able to compete with the likes of Lee Donghae, the pretty boy of the bunch.  Was this her tactic into getting people to like her, to admire her and bow to every command she had? If so then this was wasted energy, Dae wasn’t going to let a simple kiss change his mind, especially since there was no attraction or interest on his part as well. He wasn’t even really a guy and Yurin sure as hell wasn’t a lesbian, not that she had anything against lesbians but she was definitely sure that only guys caught her interest.

Finally his brain started working again and he immediately pushed Jessica away, the confusion being replaced by sheer horror, “What are you doing?!”

Jessica merely smiled at him, brushing a bit of hair behind her ears. As Dae stared at her with a slight frown, his face still flushed, she leaned forward once more, pressing her lips against his. For some reason kissing him felt different from what she was used to. Her first kiss with Donghae was special but didn’t feel as satisfying as how it felt now. The smaller boy’s lips were soft and smooth, much like her own, unlike Donghae who’s lips were more rougher.

A sudden flash blinded both of them as they parted from each other and looked up, spotting the other guests on the roof who were spying on them. On one side of the door was Riku who was staring with a dropped jaw at what had taken place just now. Next to him on the other side of the door was Kris, the young leader of EXO-M who had his phone raised up at them with which he had just taken a picture as proof of the deeds.

“Oh, this is going to be good…” He smirked as he checked the picture before glaring up at the small idol, “So this is your idea of not kissing up to someone, hm?”

“Oh no, you caught us, Kris!” Jessica spoke up, her tone of voice sounding rather high pitched and amused as if she didn’t really care that a dongsaeng had just caught her cheating on her own boyfriend. “How unfortunate!”

“So, instead of kissing butts you try to gain even more popularity by stealing Jessica away as your own girlfriend, hm?” he barked at him.

“Oh, come now Kris. It’s no big deal!” The girl giggled, batting her eyes at Dae while he frantically looked from the princess to Kris.

“No! It’s not like that at all!” he immediately called out desperately, glancing over at Riku who was still staring with opened mouth.

“Just wait till Donghae sees this!” Kris fidgeted with his phone a bit, opening a message to Donghae and attaching the picture, sending it almost immediately as he took on a smirk.

“Oh, whatever. Him and me were starting to grow apart anyway…” The blonde idol waved it away like it was nothing, her tone of voice more bored as she spoke about Donghae, turning back to Dae and immediately smiling again, “I belong to Dae oppa now!”

“OPPA???” Dae blurted out. He wasn’t even older than Jessica, how on earth could she call him oppa. This aegyo of hers was starting to get on her nerves not to mention that the announcement coming from her had started some kind of panic attack in his mind.

“And Kris, after sending this picture to Donghae I want you to ‘accidentally’ publish it somewhere online,” the girl continued on, turning back to the Chinese boy who was starting to feel sorry for his hyung and filled with even more anger towards the rookie idol. “I want everyone to know that I belong to Dae and he belongs to me!”

“Oh, I feel sick…” Dae wasn’t sure if this was still the result of his hangover or the overwhelming situation that he had found himself in. Whatever it was, he felt rather confused.

Riku finally snapped out of his confusion and tilted his head, “How did things get like this?!” He already feared for the worst. Not only would Saeko kill them for this scandal, Donghae would probably beat her to the punch and kill Dae for stealing his girlfriend. The fans would probably destroy them and hate them as a whole for this, the company might never even let them debut in the first place. And if all these people wouldn’t kill them, those weird guys who were after them in the first place would definitely finish the job!

“Those words you said to me earlier…” A slightly blush appeared on her cheeks, “I am actually very thankful for them… You are the first person to ever talk to me like that…”

“THAT?!” Dae coughed, staring at her, “I insulted you, scolded you, yelled at you… And that made you fall in love with me?!”

“She seriously has issues…” Riku sighed, receiving a rough nudge by the tall idol standing beside him, his phone still clutched tightly as he listened on.

“I am very successful in this industry,” she continued explaining, adverting her eyes as a smile creeped up once more, “So no one ever dares to lecture me even when I am being a complete brat.”

“That is not something to feel proud of…” Dae muttered to himself, clenching his teeth.

“I understand now though…” She finally looked back at him, forcefully grabbing his hand with both her own and squeezing lightly as he tried to pull it back out of her grip, “Dae… The words you said to me, so mean and painful, those were words that expressed your love!”

“WHAT?!” both Riku, Kris and Dae yelled out. This girl might have been one of the more talented young idols of their time but she was seriously missing some pieces of the puzzle in her brain. How could she think that Dae’s harsh words out of anger towards the famous idol that they had only met that one time were him expressing his love for her? Even Kris had to admit that there was something wrong with that thought.

“You’ve got it all wrong!” Dae blurted out as he jumped back and pulled his hand way from hers. “I was just telling the truth! You were a rotten person and someone had to kick your for that!”

Jessica’s smile disappeared and got replaced by a heartbroken look as she bit down on her lip, “You mean… You really don’t like me?”

Dae felt like he was placed in an even more difficult position. If he made the young diva cry or unhappy again, Saeko would definitely kill him for it. But if he lied to Jessica, he would not only be fake, or more fake than the girl pretending to be a boy could be, but also getting her hopes up for nothing and risk the wrath of Donghae, s and most of the HaeSica shipping fans.

He took a deep breath before deciding on his words, “I mean… I… Don’t even really know you so how can I even have feelings for you?”

“Then we will get to know each other over time! And then you can proclaim your love for me once again!” The smile appeared on her face again as she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, “Donghae doesn’t have to know yet then…”

“Uh… About that…” Kris scratched the back of his head, hearing his icy sunbae mention keeping this a secret from her current boyfriend. “The message already send. With the picture…”

“WHAT?!” Jessica, Riku and Dae yelled out, all turning to the tall boy with widened eyes of shock and worry. He had already send the picture he had taken of the two kissing on the roof to Donghae and it was only a matter of time before he would see it and his rage would begin.

“Sorry! I just got really pissed and immediately send it through…”

“Why did you take the picture in the first place?” Riku sighed, feeling rather desperate at the moment as once again he saw his dreams shatter in front of his eyes.

Kris shrugged, “Proof that this guy was faking his way to the top… Both of you!”

“YAH!” Dae pulled himself away from Jessica and marched to the taller boy, stopping in front of him and glaring up even though he towered over him. “I told you already. I AM NOT FAKE!”

“Just stupid enough to take the term ‘kissing up’ too seriously!” he bit back. “You said you disliked her so much and now you kiss her… Wait, don’t tell me this is what you do to all the people you despise…” He backed away a bit, mocking the shorter boy slightly.

“I… What?” He sighed out of frustration, “Gross! As if anyone would ever want to kiss scum like you! I’d rather make out with Jessica then!“

“Really??” The girls’ eyes lit up upon hearing his statement, feeling hopeful once again.

“Aish…”

“Ok! Enough!” Riku grabbed Dae’s arm and quickly pulled him back through the exit, down the stairs and into the hallway, hurrying back to the studio while leaving behind the icy royalties. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???”

“I DON’T KNOW!!!” Dae whined as he followed the taller boy as he was being dragged. “What to do now?”

“We have to go talk to Saeko and Alex and see if they know a way to solve this mess before it ruins all of chances for our debut!”

“Couldn’t you have stopped Kris from taking the picture? He was right beside you!” Dae frowned, the blush in his face had disappeared and got replaced by the look of distress.

“I was in shock!” Riku defended himself. “You were kissing Jessica!”

“She was kissing ME!” he protested quickly, anger flashing in his eyes. “Got it? SHE kissed ME! Not the other way around!! Ew, does she think I’m gay or something??”

“Technically it’s not gay if she thinks you’re a guy…”

“DON’T EVEN DARE!!!”


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!! I hope you're celebrating the new years with friends and family and lots of delicious and fun things! Careful around fireworks and let's hope for a wonderful, healthy 2013!!