The Hangover

PERSONA - Idols in Disguise

 

“My head huuuuuuuuuuurts…” Yurin groaned, hiding her head underneath her pillow. Even the slightest chirp of the birds outside felt like someone was bashing her head with a hammer.  After last night’s party they had somehow managed to get home, changed out of their costumes and let themselves fall back on their futons, falling asleep almost immediately.

“We have to get up…” Chanhee groaned softly as she glanced over at the alarm clock and saw the tie, they were going to be late if they didn’t get changed now. “If Saeko finds out we’ll--”

“Good morning!” Two voices greeted them in a loud yet not so pleased sounding way as Saeko and Alex popped into their room, causing the girls to quickly jump onto their feet.

“GOOD MO--” They stopped in their tracks as the nausea and pain hit them, clutching their heads and stomachs in agony.

Saeko stepped closer towards them to take a sniff, regretting her decision almost immediately as the strong scent of alcohol hit her nostrils.

“Gross,” she coughed slightly, hoping she would able to keep her breakfast in. She held out her hand patiently as she soon felt that all too familiar object in her hand once Alex pulled out her whip. He knew exactly what she was thinking.

“It seems like the two of you had a lot of fun at that party, hm?” She glared at them knowing the two of them broke one of her golden rules. She had allowed for them to stay past their curfew just to please Donghae, but she had forbidden the both of them from drinking. Not to mention that their hair smelled like smoke which was definitely forbidden!

“Oh no…” The girls cringed at the sight of the black leather whip resting casually in the palm of their manager’s hand, having met the instrument of torture before.

“TEN HUT!” Alex barked, his voice suddenly taking on a rougher, stricter tone as the girls quickly straightened themselves. “TURN! BEND!”

Reluctantly the girls turned their backs to the two, bending forwards, clutching their teeth as they knew what was going to happen. Saeko was a rough person, preferring tough love over hugs and cuddles at any moment and this was no different.

“This will teach you never to break the rules again!” Saeko said calmly as she raised her hand and slammed the whip down onto Chanhee’s as hard as she could. “And to always be aware of your image as an idol!”

“AH!”

“And I guess you haven’t learned from your previous experience, have you?”Saeko moved to the second girl in the room, ready to strike down her punishment. Saeko didn’t play favourites with who to punish but for some reason, being able to punish Yurin who had caused them a lot of problems already felt even more satisfying.


 

An hour later the two of them were back in the recording studio, under strict supervision of Saeko and Alex this time around to make sure nothing bad would happen that could give them grief. There was something troubling their minds as well, since they have been paying close attention to the girls since the moment they signed up for this deal and hearing the girls talk in private.

“So there are people looking for Chanhee and Yurin-ah?” Alex whispered to Saeko who merely nodded as she kept her eyes on the two boys in the recording booth. Saeko had met the guys who were after the two before, back when she saved them and stole them away to sign the contracts. She didn’t really get why though, all she got out of eavesdropping was that they were after some kind of phone strap that they found. Why hadn’t she just given that strap when she had the chance?

“We will have to watch them more closely from now on,” Saeko said softly before glancing up at Alex, “But make sure nothing will lead back to us or the company. We have to protect them.”

Alex nodded silently, impressed by the intensity in Saeko’s eyes as she spoke. She certainly was a one of a kind woman. She was cold and strict and sometimes rather intimidating, she knew what she wanted and exactly how to get it by any means necessary. It was that kind of passion that lead to a lot of greatness in the past and with her ambition now burning even stronger with these two, he couldn’t help but feel a slight flutter in his chest.

Saeko looked up at the sound-proof glass that allowed insight to what was happening inside the recording booth as a frown painted her face. Alex followed this gaze and noticed the reason for this; Dae was messing up the recording.

“I don’t feel so gooood…” Dae was practically gagging, covering up his mouth with his hands. After a nice shower and getting changed in somewhat more casual clothes, they immediately moved back into the studio to finish their single.

“Babo, we’re going to get whipped again if you do that!” Riku hissed softly, glancing up at the window where a strict looking Saeko was staring back at them while Alex stood behind her, waving the black leather whip as warning.

“I know, I know but --” He practically tossed off his headphones as he gagged again, dashing towards the exit quickly. He ignored Riku calling his name as he made it out of the recording room and ran off towards the emergency exit that was closest to their studio. Keeping the thought of fresh air in his head he marched up the stairs and practically crashed himself through the door and onto the roof.

“This is impossible… My head is going to explode!” He leaned against the roof’s railings, clutching his head in his hands for a moment as he slowly started to feel better now that he was outside. But still he felt horrible and was actually glad that the weather today was slightly gloomy. If there would be sunlight he would probably have died out of agony. With his thoughts on his own horrible feeling, he was unaware that someone else had arrived on the roof top and was slowly making way towards the short blue-haired boy.

Jessica had been called in for a meeting with the rest of Girls Generation pending their upcoming comeback but she had escaped to the roof to get some air and clear her mind. She had worked non-stop the last days and left for home early so she could relax a bit, but no matter how much she tried she couldn’t seem to find that peace of mind she needed. Not even her boyfriend Donghae was able to distract her and help her relax a bit. Ever since Dae had yelled at her in the studio the other day, she had been feeling… unlike herself.

Nobody, aside from her members on rare occasions, had ever yelled at her like that before. No one ever really had a reason to, she was the perfect idol. And if ever she did step out of line people would let her get away with it because of who she was. And then that boy had yelled at her which came as a shock to her to say the very least. People never yelled at her or really told her what to do, they usually suggested things to her and she would see if she wanted to do it or not. No one ever had the guts to tell her straight up when she was crossing a line, even her members who she had considered as her sisters aside from her baby sister Krystal had always tried to tell her politely and matter-of-factly to keep her satisfied since she was rather sensitive on the inside though it never showed. And the only negative feedback she ever received was from the anti-fans but she had learned to look past them and ignore them.

Though that very night, while she was curled up in the dorm watching a movie while her boyfriend was out with his friends and most of her girls were already sleeping, it suddenly dawned to her that what Dae had said to her really struck her. And strangely enough, being scolded like that made her feel even stronger and better. She wasn’t a masochist or anything like that but it had been so long since someone had scolded her for doing whatever she wanted to do, it made her feel happy that someone actually saw her as a person who had a spoiled attitude, rather than a top-selling idol who they had to keep happy all the time. Not even Donghae had treated her like that, whenever she was being a brat he just let her have her way to keep her satisfied, never did he try to make her see differently, as if it was just too much trouble for him to go through.

Jessica approached the blue haired boy as she noticed his presence on the roof, not really sure of how to begin a conversation with him. Obviously she had made a horrible first impression but would he really still hold a grudge after the other day?

“Got a hangover?” She bit her lip as the words came out slightly more harsh than she meant. Donghae had texted her the night before that he was going out with some of s and friends and had asked Persona along as well, so she knew he had been out last night.

Dae turned around, blinking rapidly. “J-Jessica… noona? What are you doing here?”

Jessica stared at him in silence, feeling rather nervous around him though she didn’t understand why. He was short and brash and so unlike the people that usually made her feel special or nervous. Was she intimidated by him? No… Was this… Love?

“Uhm… Actually now that you’re here…” Dae rubbed his hands together slightly, “I’m really sorry about what happened last time we met. I was just speaking my mind about you without thinking it through… no… but… what I mean is…”

She tried to hide the smile that crept up as she watched him stutter his apology. It was so adorable, so charming to see how the man with the big mouth had such a hard time telling her how he felt about her right now, picking up a signal or two. She never really mind making the first move if she wanted something to happen. So with a please smile now painting her lightly pink-coloured lips, she took a few steps towards the young boy, placing her hands on his shoulders, overseeing the shocked face Dae made as she leaned down to rest her lips on his.


Dun dun duuuuun~ What's this? Sica kissing Dae even though she has a boyfriend? But wait... Dae is actually Yurin so does that make Jessica a lesbian? And out of all the obvious girls she could pick from, she picks YURIN??? What about TaengSic, JeTi and YulSic????