Introduction to Super Junior

Last Winter

                     "She'd love to go on a date with you, Oppa!" Maria says excitedly. 

                     "Great," he replies, grinning. "Could I have your address so I can pick her up tonight?"

                     Wait a second. Don't I have a say in who I go out with? But, she really wants to meet SuJu. So I guess I can do this for her. How bad can one date be?

                      Maria finishes scribbling our address on his arm. "Can you read that, Oppa?" she asks worriedly. 

                      "I don't think your handwriting will be a problem for me… umm. I'm sorry, what was your name?" he responds. 

                      "My name? M-Maria. And that's Lena," she answers, pointing at me. "Oppa, can we meet the others now?"

                      "Of course," he says. "Follow me, ladies."

                      I resist the urge to snort. He's being too polite and it's obvious that he's just acting. What's wrong with him? Why can't he just act like the jerk he is? It's too confusing for me. One minute, he wants to hurt me and the next, he's asking me out on a date. I know I'm exaggerating, but I don't want to admit it. 

                       He leads us down a long hallway and stops at a simple wooden door. From within the room, I can hear voices. Heechul raises his hand and knocks. The room instantly becomes quiet. "Guys, it's me," he says. 

                      There is a moment of silence. The door opens. "Hyung, I thought you said you were getting food. Why'd you bring them?" Kyuhyun asks. "I want food, not girls."

                       The air of the room changes from curious to excited. "Kyu, girls are better than food," Yesung says. "Bring them in, Hyung."

                        Heechul gestures for us to walk in ahead of him. Maria goes first, trying not to fangirl. I follow her reluctantly, looking over my shoulder to make sure Heechul doesn't try anything funny. 

                       "Hyung, I like these ones. They're cute," Sungmin says, winking at Maria. 

                       She giggles quietly in response. I touch her shoulder lightly and shake my head when she looks at me. She doesn't understand what I mean so I mouth: too old for you. 

                        "Hey… Aren't you that figureskater?" Eunhyuk asks. 

                        "I am a figureskater. But I don't know if I'm the one you're talking about," I reply. 

                        "You're Lena, right? The one from Canada," he says. 

                        "Oh, yeah. That's me," I say.

                         "Hey, where are your manners? Let the girls sit down," Leeteuk says to the others. 

                         I look around the room. There are two blue couches one pressed against the left wall and the other against the right wall. There are a few arm chairs, white in color and placed wherever there is space. In the center of the room, there is a coffee table. Against the back wall, there is a table with various drinks and snacks on it. 

                         Leeteuk stands and walks over to us. He leans in to Maria and whispers something in her ear. 

                         I glare at him, willing him to back away from my sister. What could he be saying anyway? They just met. How can he aleady be telling her something that I can't hear? 

                         "Alright, Oppa," I just barely hear Maria respond. 

                         Sungmin watches jealously. I want to slap him. Stop looking at my sister! 

                         Leeteuk steps away from her and presses a finger to his lips. "Shhh, our secret."

                         She nods silently then turns and walks out of the room. 

                         "Maria, where are you going?" I ask. I turn my attention to LeeTeuk. "What'd you tell her? Why is she leaving?"

                         He waves a hand dismissively. "Don't worry she'll be back soon. Take a seat," he says, gesturing to his armchair. 

                         I walk over to it and sit down reluctantly. Heechul takes the open chair next to me.

                         "I'm assuming you already know us, so we don't need to introduce ourselves. So, tell us about yourself," Leeteuk requests. 

                         Why does he care? I resist the urge to sigh. "My name is Lena. I'm a professional figureskater from Canada," I say. When's Maria coming back? Is she okay? Something could've happened to her. Oh, Leeteuk's saying something. 

                          "Sorry, what did you say?" I ask. 

                          "I said I like your name," he says, smiling. "and I heard you're going out with Heechul."