Plan 1: Get Your Crayon! (Part 2)

Operation: Fall In Love (Short Story)

 

I looked at my phone for the umpteenth time, waiting for the others to reply to my text. No one was texting me back. I’ve been waiting for them for over thirty minutes already. I was getting tired. And so was the ahjusshi standing behind the counter.

I sighed as I sipped my thai tea with boba peals on the bottom. I wonder where they were…

I sat there, listening to one of G-Dragon’s songs, “Crayon.” I nodded my head up and down as I whispered the chorus, in a goofy fashion, “Get cho crayon, boom boom boom~ Get cho crayon, ree re ree. Get your crayon, crayon, crayon~~~”

Then suddenly, I saw a swift pass by me, automatically making me think of HH, I looked up and I nearly screamed when I saw both Kina and Onew sitting in front of me now. “WAHHHHH!!!!”

Onew frowned, “What!? You can’t handle looking at me? Am I that ugly?”

“Oh babe! It’s not like that! Yunhee has this sad habit of hers. Yunhee! Say sorry to ma boo,” Kina demanded. But I only stuck my tongue at him, making him cry in sorrow. “YAH!”

“I wasn’t screaming because you’re ugly, okay? You’re not. It’s because you scared me! I thought it was—“

“HH,” the both said in unison. I blushed. Onew laughed, “Dawww aren’t you a cutie? HH so likes you~”

“SHUT IT!” I covered my face with my arms. Kina laughed as well as she patted my head. “OH! LOOK! HH!” Kina shouted, making me instantaneously look up and turn my whole body around to look at the counter, “WHERE!?”

“Woah! You would do that! I never thought you would be so excited to see the guy,” Onew teased me, as I realized there was no HH. I suddenly felt the heat rose up on my cheeks. I can’t believe I even did that for a guy I barely know! I turned back around to see the couple snickering at me. I crossed my arms and pouted, “What?”

“Ahjusshi is staring at you…” Kina whispered. I looked at the corner of my eye, to see the ahjusshi giving me the stink eye. I gulped. Oh gah…Why is he glaring at me?

“Soooo~~~ what are you gonna do with Mr. y HH?” Kina asked me, wiggling her eyebrows.

Onew turned to her, offended, “Yah! You think he’s ier than me?”

“Babe, when I meant y, you’re a complete different genre of y. More on the goofy side, but in this case, Yunnie’s man is y,” Kina pushed his face away and kept her attention to me. I laughed. They were such a cute couple. Onew gasped to follow along with a pout and glares at me.

I shrugged, “Not too sure what to do…”

Not realizing that I still had my earphones in, Onew pulled on of my earbuds out and put it in his ear, asking, “Whatcha listening to?”

“Oh! Crayon by G-Dragon~ I love this song!” my iPod was on repeat, so the song had just repeated again.

“Ooooh yeah! That’s my song!” Onew nodded to the beat. “Get your crayon!”

Then I made the background sound effects and then Kina joined along. And soon enough we sounded as if we were doing the cheesiest cover of the song.

Then suddenly, “I got an idea!” I looked up at my dongsaeng.

“Bwoh?” Both her boyfriend and myself said in unison, cringing our eyebrows a bit.

“Why don’t you use this song as a way to get his attention?”

I took my earphones off. “I don’t understand?”

“Well let’s say that you go up there while he’s on his shift, okay? While you’re about to pay for your things, your phone rings with this song,” Kina explained a bit. But it still left questions hanging in my head. And she read them perfectly as if my mind was an open book. “You then answer your call. And if it was me calling, I would tell you ‘Give him the crayon’ and you would nod and hang up. As you recite the main part of the song ‘Get your crayon’ you would pull out a crayon and give it to him. And Bam! You got his attention!”

“Umm…” I looked at her confused. “Don’t you think that’s a bit weird?” I questioned her imagination.

“Ya know it worked a lot better in my head…” Kina explained.

Onew nodded, “You always say that it worked better in your head.”

“Yeah…he’s going to definitely think I’m weird. Where do I even get crayons at?” I asked her.

Kina laughed, “At the store of course!”

“But why would I give him a crayon for? He’ll be wondering why I even gave him one in the first place. Even though I got a ‘call’ about it,” I said, putting air quotations around the word “call.”

“You could say it was a bet or something,” Kina waved her hands, shooing the dumb question away, as if I was supposed to know what she’s talking about.

I rolled my eyes, “But what’s the bet about? That’s impossible to even say it’s a bet, if it’s meaningless!”

“Yunhee, it’s already simple! You just say it was for a bet that you’re making a bet with a friend that you’re seeing how many crayons you could give out.”

Then I suddenly sprouted out with an idea, “Ooooh! Even better! What if I went around the whole place and gave whoever I encounter a crayon! So it won’t seem so weird after all!”

“Haha! It’ll be even funnier if you went around HH’s friends and gave them each a crayon too!” my dongsaeng added.

Onew couldn’t help but contribute to the idea as well, “It would be even funnier if you put your number on the crayons too!”

“No!” I said, silencing Onew, but then grinned, “Why don’t I put on each crayon a digit of my number. As a whole, it would show my whole number! You’re pretty smart Onew-ah!” I put a hand up to high five him.

He smiled as he high fived me.

“Let’s go get crayons!” I said as my friends agreed with me to get crayons.

“Wait! I have some already!” Onew pulled out a 10-pack crayon. I looked at Kina then back at the crayons then up at her boyfriend, “Um…the whole time we were talking about crayons, you knew from the start that you had them?”

Onew nodded, “Well…yeah?”

“Why do you even have crayons?” now it was Kina’s turn to question her boyfriend. He just shrugged, “Well, I needed it for my math class…” he trailed off, see that both myself and Kina were confused as to why he needed it for a math class, “Nevermind. Do you want them or not?”

I nodded, “Sure! Thanks dubu face!” Onew glared at me holding the crayons. But I grabbed them anyways, smiling innocently.

Just when I was pulling them out to start putting my number on them, Kina grabs my attention.

“WAIT!” Kina shouted out, and I looked up at her, “Bwoya?” 

“Do we even know what his friends look like? Better yet, do we even know if he has any friends?” she whispered, making us all think about it. Does he have any friends?

I leaned back into my chair, “This was a ridiculous plan after all. What were we thinking?”

I slipped the box of crayons into my messenger bag. “Let’s forget about this plan neh? It was funny to think about it anyways, right?” Onew tried to lighten up the mood a bit. I nodded. “We were just being dumb anyways, right? Who needs this anyways?” I laughed. Kina and Onew agreed as we talked about something else.

It was 5:30 already, and right before I could say another ridiculous comment, HH came into the place and ran towards the back door to his job. Kina eyes followed him a bit to only land on my bright red face. “Yunhee?”

I was red because I just made eye contact with HH and even crazier is that I could have sworn he grinned at me. My heart just sunk deep into my chest, I clenched it. His grin was so cute! I just wanted to squeal or run around or do something to let this excited energy out of my body already!

My heart was just about to explode, just when I felt around surround me. I gasped, pulling away from the person. “Yah! What’s wrong, Yunnie?”

I looked up to see that it was Minho. “Yah! Pabo! You scared me!”

Minho grinned. Then Yumi smacked Minho on his head, “See, I told you it was a bad idea to do that to her! Hey Yunnie!” Yumi smiled as she pushed Minho out of the way to hug me in an awkward position.

“What? I love scaring her!” Minho laughed as he took a seat next to me and Yumi sat in the seat next to him.

“Anyways, why are you red for?” Yumi asked out loud, referring to my lightly tinted red cheeks. As I remembered why I was red, my cheeks gained its deep red color again.

“HH,” the couple acknowledged. “Oooooh,” Minho howled a bit. “Shut it!” I glared at the frog person. “But it’s fun to make fun of you!” he pinched my cheeks. I slapped his hand away. “And this is why, I can’t consider you as a friend.”

“YAH!”

“I’m gonna grab some cakes for us. Any preferences?” I stood up looking at my group of friends.

“I want the usual!” Kina and Onew called out, which was strawberry shortcake. “I want anything with chocolate!” Yumi her lips, thinking about chocolate already. I looked at Minho, “Anything for you?”

“Hmmm, thai boba tea for me,” Minho cheesily grinned at me. I nodded, unaffected by it. “Hey! Where’s my phone?”

“Oh! Here it is!” Kina passed me my phone. I smiled, “Thanks.” I went up to the counter, feeling a bit flustered, but kept my cool somehow.

There waiting to take my order was HH. He looked so damn good, I even fangirled mentally so I could get all the excitement or weirdness out of my system, before I ordered.

I went up to HH, “Hi!” I cutely waved at him, he shyly smiled, “Hello, what would you like today?”

“Hmmm…well I’m orderly for my friends over there. I would like a strawberry shortcake, a triple chocolate cupcake, and…a thai boba tea please?” I looked HH in the eyes, making my feel a bit flustered, but I tried to maintain myself.

He gently smiled as he wrote down the orders. “Anything else?” I quickly shook head making him slightly chuckle. “That would be 20,000 won,” he looked down at me. I nodded as I pulled out my wallet. Just as I pulled out my credit card, my phone blared out “Get your crayon! Get your crayon!”

I jumped at the sound of my phone. I quickly looked at HH, to see that he was curious as to where the sound was coming from. I gave him my card for him to swipe. I quickly pulled out my phone to see that it was Kina calling, “Hello?” I quickly answered.

“Give him the crayon~” Kina said in a teasing voice, as I could hear the table behind me giggling with delight. Kina!!!! I can’t believe she set my ringtone to Crayon!

“Here’s your card,” HH smiled, as he tried to contain his chuckles from seeing me flustered. I tried pulling out a crayon from the box, but I ended up dropping all the crayons on the floor.

HH gasped, “Are you okay?” I felt so embarrassed at this point that I stuttered, “Yeah I’m just…just…I’m okay! Just being a little…little clumsy.”

I got down to pick up everything, but HH jumped over the counter to help me with the small mess. I was shocked to see this and was now even more flustered than ever. As I tried to reach for a crayon, he would lay his hand on mine to grab the same one. I pulled my hand back, feeling the shock of his touch overwhelm me already. “Th-thank you…” I looked down.

“Haha, no problem!” Then he hopped back over the counter and gave me a quick smile. I did a quick 180 degree turn and walked like a robot back to the table.

“So how did that go?” Kina giggled.

I shot her a quick glare, “How dare you, you evil little witch!”

“I’ll take it that it went well,” Minho sarcastically commented, earning him a smack on his head. “OW!”

“I just completely embarrassed myself in front of the cutest guy here!” I hissed at my table.

“Woah woah there! I’m cute too!” Both Minho and Onew cut into my sentence, but ignored it. “I just…WHY!?”

“Well he notices you now,” Kina slyly grinned. I tilted my head to the side, confused. “Look,” she pointed at the counter. I slowly turned my head over to see that he was tilting his head as he observed our table. When he was caught by me, he smiled and waved at me, making me shyly wave.

“And this is the start of something new,” Onew commented.

“Here is your order of a variety of snacks,” HH came and placed our order on the table.

“Thank you,” I smiled, out of politeness.

“You’re welcome!” he smiled at me as he bowed, “You guys enjoy your snacks.”

I just realized that I was the only one that thanked him. “Yah! Why didn’t you say thank you to him?”

“Because we would have said something stupid,” Yumi was already taking a bite of her cupcake.

“Say thank you! NOW!” I demanded, sounding bossy. I had a bit of an intimidating voice that instantly made them shout out, “THANK YOU!”

HH smiled as he nodded our way.

“She made us say thank you! Just so you know!” Minho shouted out as well, making me smack him in his head. “Yah!” I snatched his drink and sipped it. “YAH! THAT’S MINE!”

“I paid for it!” I laughed as the rest of us laughed along with each other.

So this plan was a bit of a fail…I wonder what the next one will be?

-----

rukia1335 is BACK! Sorry if it's been a while!

I was supposed to update this a long time ago, but things got busy

Well now I'm back! 

Please let me know what you think so far!

Part 3 will be coming out soon!

So stay tuned!

rukia1335 is OUT!