Plan 3: A Study Date to Remember

Operation: Fall In Love (Short Story)

I happily giggled, excited about getting to study with HH—I mean Jonghyun…I laughed to myself. This seriously isn’t happening, is it?

 

“Yah! Why are you sitting at the library looking like a ert?” someone poked my head, making me pout. It was Yumi.

 

I looked up, nose scrunched, “YAH! I’m not looking at anyone!” Kina laughed as she sat in front of me along with her boyfriend and Minho beside me and Yumi across Minho.

 

Minho ruffled my hair, as I swat his hand away, I looked at them, “What are you guys doing here?”

 

“I wanted to see how you would interact with HH,” Kina smiled. I could feel my heart beating really fast now.

 

I’m not sure how to react to this study date with Jonghyun. Am I really excited? Happy? Nervous? Or all mixed together?

 

I still couldn’t believe that this was happening!

 

“So explain to both Dubu and I how this even happened?” Minho looked at me, curious as to how I pulled it off.

 

I sighed dreamingly as I thought about last week…

 

*Flashback*

 

“Yah! Don’t you need help with studying, right?” Yumi asked, staring directly into my eyes, making me drop my pencil.

 

I stared back, “SO?”

 

Then she asked using her hushed voice now, “Then why don’t you ask HH to help you?”

 

I blushed a bit. “I…I’m too nervous to talk to him…”

 

“Girl! He’s been seriously staring at you the whole entire time you’ve been here!” Kina admitted. I blushed. My back was facing him so I wouldn’t be tempted to look at him so much.

 

I laughed, “Yeah right! The only reason he’s staring is because he’s staring at you or Kina!”

 

“Are you kidding me? I know when someone is interested in someone! He’s been clearly staring at you! We were here first and he didn’t care about us! But then when you came, he couldn’t keep his eyes off you!” Yumi retaliated.

 

I scoffed, “Really you guys? I don’t believe this!”

 

“You could look now, both HH and the ahjusshi keep staring at you and talking to each other. Back and forth,” Kina pointed out.

 

I turned slightly, as I could see them chattering in the corner then glancing at my table. I caught the ahjusshi’s eyes and he quickly smiled and waved. I slightly bowed acknowledging him.

 

“Now go! Go see if HH is willing to study with you or not!”

 

I sighed. Why are they so persistent? I stood up and looked up, to see the two guys scrambling back to their composure to look as if they were working the whole time. I stifled a laugh.

 

I slowly walked up there, in hopes of getting Jonghyun’s attention.

 

He tried to look cool by reading his magazine casually. I laughed as I called out to him, “Um…Jonghyun-shi…”

 

He then looked up, smiling, “Oh! Yunhee-shi! What’s up?”

 

I smiled as I pointed at his magazine, “You’re magazine is upside down.”

 

“Eh?” He looked at his magazine, as he couldn’t believe that he would let this happen. I giggled as I saw his face turn bright red. “Uh…what can I do for you?”

 

“Um…do you…this is a stupid question, but are you currently going to college?”

 

Jonghyun smiled as he nodded, “I actually do!”

 

“Do you happen to be a sophomore?” I made eye contact with him, showing that I’m serious about my questions. He nodded once more. “THAT’S GREAT! What’s your major!?”

 

“I’m a natural science major,” he calmly answered me.

 

I smiled widely, making him smile as well, “Does that mean you’re taking organic chemistry, by any chance?” My hopes were pretty high right now.

 

He happily nodded. I jumped up happily and became really friendly, “That’s great then! Did you guys happen to have an exam already?”

 

“Yeah! We actually did!”

 

“How did you do?”

 

“Man! I got a 98 on it!”

 

I was surprised, “Wahhhh! That’s nice man!”

 

“Yeah! It went so well that I skipped the last two lectures!”

 

I laughed, “Really? Someone thinks they’re too good for lectures these days?”

 

The cute puppy nodded as he brushed his shoulders off, “Yeah! I don’t need lectures! I’m too awesome for them.”

 

I laughed some more.

 

“Then by any chance could you help me with studying?”

 

*End of Flashback*

 

“And that’s when he agreed to help me out,” I smiled, thinking about that scene once more.

 

“He literally brushed his shoulders off? Like he was swag or something?” Minho asked in disbelief.

 

“YEAH! I saw it with my own eyes!” Yumi claimed, pointed at her two eyes.

 

I nodded, “Yeah! Why would I lie about that?”

 

“He was trying to impress our Yunnie for sure!” Kina smiled, as she wrapped her arms around Onew. I could see that Minho pouted crossing his arms at the known facts.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” I poked him.

 

He didn’t budge. I laughed, “Well now I’m just waiting for him to text me.”

 

“You got his number too!?” Minho asked in disbelief.

 

I nodded, looking like a happy puppy about it. And then he fell silent.

 

Just when I was about to ask him what’s his problem, my phone buzzed. It’s HH!

 

I quickly looked at my phone, “I’m here! Where are you?”

 

“Welp you guys! I gotta go now! Off to see my HH,” I jumped up, grabbing my backpack and running off happily. I quickly texted him that I was at the wooden tables near the elevators, I immediately ran over there.

 

As I patiently waited for him to arrive, I browse my internet of useless things. I even looked on my facebook from time to time. Then suddenly, I saw someone casually walking over to me and without a word, I knew it was him. But I didn’t want to immediately acknowledge him yet. I wanted him to great me first.

 

And to my surprise, he was pretty shy. He first took a seat that was two seats away from me. In my mind I was like, “What the…”

 

“Jonghyun-shi! Why are you so far away? Sit right here!” I pointed at the sit in front of me to the seat at the end of the table next to me.

 

It surprised me once more, that he didn’t choose to take the seat in front of me but the seat right next to me at the end table. I blushed a little bit. He’s really close now, “Sorry about that. I wasn’t sure how comfortable you were with me.”

 

I shook my head, “That’s okay! I thought I was being too comfortable with you!”

 

He smiled, “How are you?”

 

“I’m pretty good. How about you?”

 

“I’m doing—” then I heard Hyuna’s version of “Gangnam Style” what was it? “Oppa you’re my style” as his ringtone. I looked away, as I tried to hide my smile.

 

He immediately turned it off, “Wah! I’m sorry about that.” I looked back at him. I could see that he was bright as a tomato. It was hilarious.

 

“Umm…so how are you doing on your homework?” He looked at my papers. I gave a long, “Um…”

 

“Want to go through both our homeworks? Or should we go over mechanisms?” he offered. I thought about it. “Let’s look over our class notes and then we could talk about mechanisms,” I gave him my thoughts.

 

He nodded in understanding.

I shook my head, “ I have a question about this mechanism.”

 

As we progressed on, he soon had questions to ask about his homework, “I don’t understand any of this NMR stuff. Could you please explain it?”

 

For about 15 minutes I sat there, trying to make the gibberish I was saying into something that was understandable.

 

“Oh! You mean like this?” he started to count the peaks of the graph and did a bit of math, “Then it has 4 surrounding hydrogens! Right?” I nodded.

 

Then he began to get really excited, like a child discovering the rules of a new game and playing the game. I savored the moment as he excitedly yelled out, “I GOT THIS! YEAH! I’m just going through all this! HELL YEAH! I’m awesome!”

 

I laughed as we messed around from time to time.

 

And when it was time to go home, we both yawned.

 

“Want me to walk you home?” he offered me as we were packing up our stuff.

 

I shook my head, “No! That’s okay!”

 

“No no! I won’t let a girl walk out in the middle of night by herself! Let’s walk home!” he stood there, waiting for me to finish packing.

 

As soon as I was done, “I’ll walk back to your dorm.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Yeah! Um…I don’t want to head back to my apartment…my roommates are probably really drunk right now. So can I walk with you?” I asked him, then he nodded. I followed after him. And for the first time, I couldn’t believe I actually asked someone to go walk with them like that. Where did my pride go?

 

“You’re not gonna do anything afterwards right?” he asked. I shook my head, “No I’ll just walk with you then walk back home. I live the opposite way.”

 

“But you’re not doing anything right?” he asked again. I nodded. “Yeah…I guess…why?” he shrugged and continued to walk.

 

“So when we go up to my dorm, I have to apologize ahead of time that it smells like…” he trailed off.

 

“Smells like what?” I asked him, curious as to what he’s going to say next. Please tell me he’s not a smoker. I really can’t handle it if he’s a smoker.

 

“It smells like cigarettes because my roommates smokes,” he completed his sentence. I gave a disgusted scoff. “I’m sooooo glad you told me that ahead of time! I really don’t like the smell of cigarettes let alone smokers!” I admitted pridefully.

 

“Eh? You don’t like smokers?” Jonghyun asked me, surprised. I nodded, “Yeah! I really hate them!”

 

“Um…” he scratched his head nervously. “What?”

 

“But I’m a smoker,” he confessed, leaving me in a bit of shock. I couldn’t hide the shock, “EH!!?!?!?!?!?!? NO WAY! Why the hell would you smoke for?”

 

We went back and forth about our opinions on smokers.

 

And to my surprise, he was…how could I say it? A good smoker?

 

He claims that he’s not addicted to smoking, but has to smoke at least one cigarette a day. He always remembers to smoke every day. Even after a really tiring, stressful day, he’ll go out and smoke. Oh! And he also says that he hates smokers that roam around smoking in everyone’s faces. He believes that’s completely rude. And he hates smoking indoors as well. So he always go out to smoke in a confine, enclosed area where he could smoke in peace. I was pretty impressed.

 

“Whatever you say, I still believe smoking is bad. You die faster! And I don’t want my friends to die. That includes you, Jonghyun!” I pointed at him.

 

All he did was smile and laugh a bit. “But does running count?” he tried to convince me. I gave him a questioning look.

 

“What does running have to do with anything?”

 

“Well, I run every day, so I’m breathing a lot better despite all the smoking. Does running count?” he tried to convince me.

 

I thought about it. The thought of him running every day left me with an image of him shirtless. No wonder why he’s so fit. But damn…if only I could see him shirtless.

 

“I guess running could count towards your health. But please don’t smoke too much! I don’t want you to die!” I pleaded a little. Jonghyun smiled as he ruffled my hair.

 

“Well, we’re here. You’re gonna come up?” he asked me. I looked at him wide eyed. “Eh?”

 

“That’s why you came all the way here, right?” he asked once more. I was a bit shocked. I didn’t think he would want me to come up already.

 

At an instant, I shook my head, “No! That’s okay! You should get going! I have an early class so I have to get to bed.”

 

He simply pouted, “You’re leaving me?”

 

I nodded, “Sorry! But I’ll text you some time!”

 

Jonghyun then walked off, “Fine! I’ll see you soon!”

 

I smiled as I walked off, pulling out my phone and texting Kina the details.

 

This has been a…memorable study date! IT WENT REALLY WELL!

 

I hope I’ll have a chance to confess to him soon…It’s working out really well! J

-----------

rukia1335 is BACK!!!

with another update!

Don't worry you guys! This story is coming to an end soon~

please be patient with me a little longer!

so let me know what you think in the comments below!

rukia1335 is OUT!